What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green or the Keating boys?

Avenger

Immortal
cardinal said:
Keating was a Australian schoolboy with Mullane from the knights 2 years ago so I thought he would be 19.

Blake Green played with Mullen, not Keating.

Blake was 7. Mullen was 6.

cardinal

Juniors
Avenger said:
Blake Green played with Mullen, not Keating.

Blake was 7. Mullen was 6.

Australian Open Schoolboys Team
ASSRL.gif

AUSTRALIA has announced its Open Schoolboys team to face the Junior Kiwis in a two-Test series at Melbourne and Wynnum.

1. QLD 1 Darius Boyd Palm Beach Currumbin SHS
2. NSWCHS 2 Mitchell Brown Endeavour Sports High School
3. NSWCCC 3 Michael Jennings St Dominics College Penrith
4. QLD 3 Daniel Isaac Shailer Park State High School
5. NSWCHS 5 Aku Uate Brisbane Waters Senior College
6. NSWCCC 6 Jarrod Mullen St Francis Xavier Hamilton
7. NSWCCC 7 Mitchell Pearce Marist College North Shore
8. QLD 20 David Taylor St Brendans College Yeppoon
9. NSWCCC 9 Ray Nasso Terra Sancta College Quakers Hill
10. NSWCCC 20 Edward Pettybourne Marcellin College Randwick
11. NSWCCC 11 Mitchell Aubusson Xavier College Ballina
12. ACT 13 Josh White Daramalan College
13. QLD 13 Joel Moon Morayfield State High School
14. NSWCHS 6 Kris Keating Westfields Sports High School
15. NSWCHS 12 Martin Lewis Farrer Memorial Agriculture High
16. NSWCCC 4 Matt Cooper St Francis Xavier Hamilton
17. NSWCCC 12 Cory Paterson St Francis Xavier Hamilton

Coach: Simon Huntly NSWCCC
Team Manager: Andrew Peach QSSRL
Trainer: Craig Brennan NSWCCC
Physiotherapist: Scott Thornton

Corporate Sports International Series: Australian Schoolboys vs Junior Kiwis
First Test: Sunday 24 July, Olympic Park Melbourne
Second Test: Saturday 30 July Kougari Oval, Wynnum

Blake Green is older than these guys.

cardinal

Juniors
Westfields High
youngsters make
national team
by KYLIE STEVENS
Six high school rugby league players have been selected as Australian representatives.
Westfields Sports High School's hooker Troy Pan, five-eighth Kris Keating and winger Jarryd Haynes were selected in the under-15s Australian merit side.
Prop Michael Green field was selected in the open schoolboys squad.
Greenfield will be joined by Patrician Bros star five-eighth Ben Roberts and centre Dean Collis.
The three Westfields under-15 boys were selected from the under-15 national championships held in Cabramatta last month where Kris was named most valuable player of the tournament.
As Cabramatta Rugby League Club juniors, Kris and Jarryd said the home ground advantage made the transmission easier.
"Being on our home ground there wasn't as much pressure," Kris said.
But East Hills junior Troy said: "It was the hardest football I've ever played.
"It was the best against the best so it's a great achievement to be selected."
Greenfield plays in first division for the Cronulla Sharks where he is on contract until the end of next season and, like Ben and Dean, played at the national schoolboys championships in Darwin.
"It was tough as it was really hot up there so I'm very happy to be selected," Michael said.
& nbsp; He took up the sport four years ago.
"I was playing basketball but wanted to get into something more physical and aggressive," he said.
Patrician Brothers students Dean and Ben are also a step away from making their NRL debuts with Dean in first division and Ben in the club side for the West Tigers. "I'm thrilled to be picked and it will be my first time overseas," NEW REPS...School stars Ben Roberts and Dean Collis (above) and (below, from left) Kris Keating, Jarryd Haynes, Michael Greenfield and Troy Pan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dean said.
Ben said "There will be hard physical games over in New Zealand." The opens trio head to New Zealand to play against the junior Kiwis and New Zealand Schoolboys teams in October before returning for HSC exams.
Patrician Brothers has been knocked out of the quarter finals of the Nutri-Grai Cup, losing to nine times champions St Gregory's, Campbelltown, last week.

With thanks to

Wednesday 30th July 2003

Kris was u/15 in 03 so he has to be turning 19. Blake was a Aust schoolboy in 04, Kris, Mullene and Mitchell Pearce the next year.

lucablight said:
Jake weren't you saying you thought Blake Green was better than Tim Smith at one stage? I think time has shown Tim probably has more flair out of the two. How do you know Keating won't be the same?

I dont remember saying that to be honest. Yeah your probably right in regards to Flair. I still think Blake is a better 7 than 6. As for who's better Tim or Blake they both have different strengths. Tim gave me the sh*ts on Sunday. He can be brilliant in one part of the game and then push one too many passes later on. He needs to learn to play the percentages more.

Stagger eel

Staff member
cardinal said:
Australian Open Schoolboys Team
ASSRL.gif

AUSTRALIA has announced its Open Schoolboys team to face the Junior Kiwis in a two-Test series at Melbourne and Wynnum.

1. QLD 1 Darius Boyd Palm Beach Currumbin SHS
2. NSWCHS 2 Mitchell Brown Endeavour Sports High School
3. NSWCCC 3 Michael Jennings St Dominics College Penrith
4. QLD 3 Daniel Isaac Shailer Park State High School
5. NSWCHS 5 Aku Uate Brisbane Waters Senior College
6. NSWCCC 6 Jarrod Mullen St Francis Xavier Hamilton
7. NSWCCC 7 Mitchell Pearce Marist College North Shore
8. QLD 20 David Taylor St Brendans College Yeppoon
9. NSWCCC 9 Ray Nasso Terra Sancta College Quakers Hill
10. NSWCCC 20 Edward Pettybourne Marcellin College Randwick
11. NSWCCC 11 Mitchell Aubusson Xavier College Ballina
12. ACT 13 Josh White Daramalan College
13. QLD 13 Joel Moon Morayfield State High School
14. NSWCHS 6 Kris Keating Westfields Sports High School
15. NSWCHS 12 Martin Lewis Farrer Memorial Agriculture High
16. NSWCCC 4 Matt Cooper St Francis Xavier Hamilton
17. NSWCCC 12 Cory Paterson St Francis Xavier Hamilton

Coach: Simon Huntly NSWCCC
Team Manager: Andrew Peach QSSRL
Trainer: Craig Brennan NSWCCC
Physiotherapist: Scott Thornton

Corporate Sports International Series: Australian Schoolboys vs Junior Kiwis
First Test: Sunday 24 July, Olympic Park Melbourne
Second Test: Saturday 30 July Kougari Oval, Wynnum

Blake Green is older than these guys.

7 current first graders in that lot..hopefully 2 more soon in Marty Lewis and Kris Keating.

Utey

Coach
Eelementary said:
Whoa...

A year or so ago, people were saying that Blake Green is the most talented natural half at the club. And now he's not so good...:?

Mate when you figure it out let me know! :roll::roll::roll:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I still think Blake is a good prospect and is ready for first grade. The funny thing is that a few years back when people were saying stick him in first grade now and I pointed out he wasn't ready. Now the same people are wanting to drop him after 1 average game.

He made one mistake. I get very frustrated when people with their little agendas use a single mistake as their catalyst to say we should dump players or the reverse case where a good effort to score a try makes someone a must play first grade candidate.

IMO nobody should be dropped from last Sundays game. Cordoba, Green and T Smith will hopefully learn from their mistakes.

Kornstar

Coach
Green should have been on the field alot earlier, PJ was fatigued and was making alot of silly mistakes, however he was left on the field and then when Blake came on he was on for Wagon and Marsh was still on the field......very poor option imo......

The game was lost more than just the failed field goal attempt!!!!! Hindmarsh, Marsh, Timmy, Cordoba and Grothe all made silly decisions or errors.......yet Green is the sole reason we lost apparently???? I don't get it!!!!

There were atleast 3 crucial plays that buried us on Sunday

1. Grothe's stupid offload before half time
2. The break we made down our right side that PJ blew by not settling down the play early in the tackel count, FFS we were on their line if he just takes the tackle!!!
3. Going for the goal to make it 18-12, we had them on the ropes and had already made a dumb decision imo making it 16-6 in the first half!!!! At the game i was cursing both of those kicks, we needed more than 6 points to beat them, we needed to put them to death, not just edge 2 points ahead at a time!!!!

I know i will get grilled for the 3rd one, but in all honesty as it turned out it made no difference if we had of bombed a try on each occassion we decided not to take the penalty or with us taking the 2, i knew were not going to win as soon as Willie crashed over for their last try

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I hate to say it but imo Blake is just another Jeremy Smith, handy, can kick reasonably well but I doubt he has that X factor about him?

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
One in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Give green a chance to show if he has the X factor. How many first grade games is it now.. 5?

Yeah let him go, his had his chance.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
GC_Gladiator said:
One in the hand is better than two in the bush.

Give green a chance to show if he has the X factor. How many first grade games is it now.. 5?

Yeah let him go, his had his chance.

Well he hasn't shown he has the X factor in premier league either, he's just shown he'sa good solid player without being brillant.

I think the Keating boys show more potential, and resigning blake might mean we loose these 2 players.

Kornstar

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Well he hasn't shown he has the X factor in premier league either, he's just shown he'sa good solid player without being brillant.

I think the Keating boys show more potential, and resigning blake might mean we loose these 2 players.

You have got to be kidding don't you?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Kornstar said:
You have got to be kidding don't you?

No, apart from a couple of games he was hardly the standout in our Premier League side. He hasn't shown me anything to suggest he is our halfback of the future, I thought this last year, and the GF was a perfect example. Whilst only one game this was a game where the cream should rise to the top, Feleti did, Green didn't.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Funny thing is? I don't actually mind him at dummy half, his service is crisp and quick. The problem is he doesn't seem to have that miracle ball or miracle kick about him to win a game imo, hope i'm wrong and i'll give him sometime in firsts, but just from what i've seen.

I think if we were to offer a contract at this stage just make it a one year deal with option.

Kornstar

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
No, apart from a couple of games he was hardly the standout in our Premier League side. He hasn't shown me anything to suggest he is our halfback of the future, I thought this last year, and the GF was a perfect example. Whilst only one game this was a game where the cream should rise to the top, Feleti did, Green didn't.

He has won us so many games since he has been in P/L, so i don't understand what you are saying......

I don't think he is a halback anyway, he is now a better 5/8th. Also considering he has played one game in first grade at 5/8th, one at hooker and the last one not even a real position, i am not sure that we can judge him as a first grader. When he gets a real chance in his favoured position then i don't think we can see whether he is or isn't our future at 5/8th.....

Apart from looking dangerous, what exactly has Feleti done to suggest he is a super star? I really think he has potential, however i am not sure that he has done anything really special as yet, but you are praising him.......

On the Keating boys though, Matt has nothing to do with keeping or losing Green. Kris was very ordinary last year at lock, all the games i have seen him at 5/8th though have been good. I thought he was great last week at first but he went missing in the second half, i am looking forward to seeing him ease his way into P/L though.....

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Kornstar said:
He has won us so many games since he has been in P/L, so i don't understand what you are saying......

Really? which ones? or did he just contribute?

I don't think he is a halback anyway, he is now a better 5/8th. Also considering he has played one game in first grade at 5/8th, one at hooker and the last one not even a real position, i am not sure that we can judge him as a first grader. When he gets a real chance in his favoured position then i don't think we can see whether he is or isn't our future at 5/8th.....

Young players need to be versatile these days. Inu is not really a fullback ( although he does have some experience) but it didn't seem to bother him. 5/8, half, hooker....most halves these days play musical chairs in these positions, I don't see how a 5/8 and half positions are that much different in todays game? both seem to control one side of the ruck, just like having two halfbacks but different jersey numbers.

I think he's a first grader, that's my point!! but is he good enough to sign and let go the keating boys?

I won't be bothered if we do resign him, but at the same time I don't wanna see the Keating boys develop better but we cannot keep them due to having Smith, Green & Finch on our books.

Apart from looking dangerous, what exactly has Feleti done to suggest he is a super star? I really think he has potential, however i am not sure that he has done anything really special as yet, but you are praising him.......

Alot more, scored tries, provided great spark of the bench, go forward... yep. And he's playing well enough for other clubs supporters to have a keen interest in him, much like Inu now.

On the Keating boys though, Matt has nothing to do with keeping or losing Green. Kris was very ordinary last year at lock, all the games i have seen him at 5/8th though have been good. I thought he was great last week at first but he went missing in the second half, i am looking forward to seeing him ease his way into P/L though.....

I know, but halves & hooker positions these days as i mentioned seem to be musical chairs. For a player to make it more then likely they'll need to be versatile in these 3 positions.

I've seen them play a couple of times, didn't see them last game but what i've seen of them in the past I thought both were very impressive.

Kornstar

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Really? which ones? or did he just contribute?

Young players need to be versatile these days. Inu is not really a fullback ( although he does have some experience) but it didn't seem to bother him. 5/8, half, hooker....most halves these days play musical chairs in these positions, I don't see how a 5/8 and half positions are that much different in todays game? both seem to control one side of the ruck, just like having two halfbacks but different jersey numbers.

I think he's a first grader, that's my point!! but is he good enough to sign and let go the keating boys?

I won't be bothered if we do resign him, but at the same time I don't wanna see the Keating boys develop better but we cannot keep them due to having Smith, Green & Finch on our books.

Alot more, scored tries, provided great spark of the bench, go forward... yep. And he's playing well enough for other clubs supporters to have a keen interest in him, much like Inu now.

I know, but halves & hooker positions these days as i mentioned seem to be musical chairs. For a player to make it more then likely they'll need to be versatile in these 3 positions.

I've seen them play a couple of times, didn't see them last game but what i've seen of them in the past I thought both were very impressive.

Ok, The semi against Manly last year to get into the GF, the game against the Magpies this year, game against the Jets last year at Henson Park......plus many more.

You also say that if players are good enough then they should excel in any position, why didn't Kris kill Lock last year???? I think Kris is potentially going to be great, but the problem is that we said it about Blake and now he has played first grade and hasn't won a game for us, we should get rid of him and pin our hopes on someone who hasn't even proved himself as yet? It just doesn't make sense......

What if we unload Blake and Kris loses form and Blake kills it for another club? I gaurantee you will be the first to bag the administration for letting him go!!!!

All in all, i think Timmy, Green, Keating & Hodkinson all have talent, they just need to make a decision on who they think will be able to handle first grade and at the moment Tim and Blake are the 2 who are there and handling it........

Jimmy Storer has been better than Matt Keating the last few weeks aswell, Jimmy has been killing it!!!! I like Matt but he has seemed flat to me this year

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Kornstar said:
You also say that if players are good enough then they should excel in any position, why didn't Kris kill Lock last year????[/b] I think Kris is potentially going to be great, but the problem is that we said it about Blake and now he has played first grade and hasn't won a game for us, we should get rid of him and pin our hopes on someone who hasn't even proved himself as yet? It just doesn't make sense......

I said being versatile in such that a player who can play centre could adapt to being a winger or fullback or as a halve being able to play 5/8 or hooker. Do you think Kris is a lock? lets be realistic, it would be just like playing Hindmarsh at halfback or Tim Smith as prop. Versatile in a way they can adapt to particular positions.

What if we unload Blake and Kris loses form and Blake kills it for another club? I gaurantee you will be the first to bag the administration for letting him go!!!!

Has Green proven to you that he deserves another contract after 3 games? Thats the risk in resigning youngsters. As far as the admin go I only bag them when we didn't go after certain players or resigning players who wont win us a GF. Thats the thing, do you think Green is capable of matching the likes of Gower, Prince etc? does he have the natural ability that they have?if not then why would we resign him? remember 5/8 is teh jersey he'll more then likely be playing for if T Smith is around.

All in all, i think Timmy, Green, Keating & Hodkinson all have talent, they just need to make a decision on who they think will be able to handle first grade and at the moment Tim and Blake are the 2 who are there and handling it........

Agree, I still think Tim has the most natural flair out the lot, his problem though he tries to put on a miracle play all the time.

Jimmy Storer has been better than Matt Keating the last few weeks aswell, Jimmy has been killing it!!!! I like Matt but he has seemed flat to me this year

Yeah I heard he has been playing well, but he doesn't seem to be getting a look in.