What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green or the Keating boys?

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK, here's an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP...

Apparently, Caylo was screaming at his halves to attemtp a field goal the very play when Green took the run from dummy half and took the ball down our left side...

Now, I don't care who you are...When your captain is telling you to go for a field goal, you do it. End of discussion. He's the skipper.

caylo

Bench
Eelementary said:
OK, here's an issue that needs to be resolved ASAP...

Apparently, Caylo was screaming at his halves to attemtp a field goal the very play when Green took the run from dummy half and took the ball down our left side...

Now, I don't care who you are...When your captain is telling you to go for a field goal, you do it. End of discussion. He's the skipper.

Look i've been in similar situations and gone for the mirical play to win the game. Remember this kid is used to being the main man. He calls the shots, and his not used to players barking orders at him. At hooker he seems to have the ability to get good service to his halfback and 5-8. To be honest, I could see him becoming a very good hooker, or 5-8. At the moment he must get a feel of his role. I even noticed that when he made his debu at 5-8 he tried to run the show a bit more in the 2nd half against canberra. As a 5-8 it worked, and took alot of preasure of timmy, who was struggling with his kicking game at the time. At hooker this isn't as effective because he looks more like a hog, and less players around are ready for the halfback play, not the hookers play. He has played all of 3 games, give the kid a break, he will get better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's all good and well, but when you have a 100+ game veteran and Kiwi star telling you to go for a field goal...Go for the field goal. It's the safest play.

caylo

Bench
Eelementary said:
That's all good and well, but when you have a 100+ game veteran and Kiwi star telling you to go for a field goal...Go for the field goal. It's the safest play.

I don't disagree, but he will be filthy with himself, and will learn from this. It cost us two points now, but may win us a grand final. We can lobby against him and hope he get dumped, or we could support him, and hope for the best.
To me its just footy, mabey i don't value the game like other people here, but at the end of the day is it realy worth getting so worked up about. Think of your own health people. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
No, apart from a couple of games he was hardly the standout in our Premier League side.

It is very hard to be a standout in that side. I think he let the others play and didn't over play his hand.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe he didn't hear him. OK, that's plausible - but far-fetched. He certainly hears his other teammates when they're screaming for the ball.

I'm not anti-Green. I like the chap. And yes - a try then would have hailed him as a hero.

However, he should have weighed it up - a try practically guarantees a win, but is very hard to come by with 10 minutes left; a field goal doesn't guarantee a win, but it puts you in a better position and is easily scored (as compared with a try) - and played to the percentages.

I'm just a bit annoyed that we had our skipper out there and nobody seemed to pay attention to his wishes.

Bigfella

Coach
Maybe the captain needs to look at himself then.

Our history of losing games like that goes back further than Blake Green's NRL career.

One thing I do think it showed was that rather than set for a player to take the shot, or for a particular tackle ie the fifth, that if you get into perfect position the team should just take the shot.

Burt or at least two other players could have taken it on the third tackle from about 15 in front and ten out.

What I Hindy showed the week before was that if you take it from dead in front and not many out - it's actually pretty hard to miss.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think the club has seen the same thing, cannot see Blake staying now. I knew it would come to this, but i'm happy with the decision.

Utey

Coach
He isn't gone yet mate. IMO we should have been blooding a true hooker instead of Green. But yeah I can't see him staying especially seeing as he hasn't been named in that big batch.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Bigfella said:
What I Hindy showed the week before was that if you take it from dead in front and not many out - it's actually pretty hard to miss.

unless you're Piggy Riddell :lol:

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I recon Blake hasn't been given a real go yet.

He is a 5/8 and not a fill-in hooker.

At times when he has been in his rightful position he has played OK.

However, Kris will develop into a better prospect IMO.

eel4life

Juniors
When you look at our squad we have a whole heap of great young junior talent that is coming through at the same time.

Someone is going to miss out, its just the way it is, in a perfect world there would be no cap every team would have juniors and it would all be even, but its not.

Green is a good player we all know he is, but so is T Smith Keating boys, Mateo, Taia, Cordoba, Inu, Weller the list goes on.

Now that the under 20 comp will kick in there will be no direct reserve grade so tough descisions will be made on who will be in our 25 man squad for next year, we will be losing players but we will be keeping the ones that will help us grow.

####

What will happen with the reserve grade players that we cant keep due to the age of them, does anyone actually know what is going to happen to these guys ????

Pazza

First Grade
the resigning of matt and marsh going to the open market may mean Matt keating is a sure thing for the number 14 next season

Latest posts