What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Lawrie

possm

Coach
BR
Sould be there from the beginning.
I have a good feeling about him and luc both are primed for a big year 2019.
You and many other on the forum who think Lawrie is good value. So it begs the question, why has he not been tied up for the next few years. Lots of time and dollars have been invested into Lawrie and yet Millward is letting him dangle there for all to have a go at singing him for 2020 and beyond.

rasaint

Juniors
Of course I’ll be cheering on Blake next season.

At this stage I’m yet to see him really bend the line and have a presence. I notice Vaughan, Au Mau and Graham and feel confident when they are on the park.Let’s not get ahead of ourselves with Blake. In the Brisbane game he was courageous running hard and copping big hits and standing his ground against the opposition. That is a credit to him but I feel more confident with Jeremy Latimore as our 4th prop overall.

I look forward to being proven wrong but seriously we have lost Leeson the hard metre gainer and I just don’t see the same capacity in Blake.

BLM01

First Grade
You and many other on the forum who think Lawrie is good value. So it begs the question, why has he not been tied up for the next few years. Lots of time and dollars have been invested into Lawrie and yet Millward is letting him dangle there for all to have a go at singing him for 2020 and beyond.
Tariq No 1 priority signing ATM then we will know what position we are in to spend for 2020. I would say Blake Lawrie and reduced asking price for Dufty would be next. Apart from Mann no one else of note off contract for 2019 except a young Sailor and Marsters so we are doing OK. The rest are fringies ISP at best ATM (i.e. Nicholls, Lats, Allnogood, Timms, Kerr etc)

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Possm
I can tell you he is an on going nogations. He has ask to talk more about it as the year goes on.
The only way he want stay is if we don't want him.
He and jimmy are close.
He and luc both want to learn of graham.
It will be interesting to see what shape luc is in when they commence full training.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Tariq No 1 priority signing ATM then we will know what position we are in to spend for 2020. I would say Blake Lawrie and reduced asking price for Dufty would be next. Apart from Mann no one else of note off contract for 2019 except a young Sailor and Marsters so we are doing OK. The rest are fringies ISP at best ATM (i.e. Nicholls, Lats, Allnogood, Timms, Kerr etc)

Agree mate tariq is a must.
He will be looking in my option for a upgrade.

BLM01

First Grade
Agree mate tariq is a must.
He will be looking in my option for a upgrade.
And deservedly so, just hope he keeps that form up but to have him as a middle forward was ludicrous. Frizzell the other edge playing like Tariq with Luc also sniffing around. Middle men are JDB, Graham, Vaughan, Lawrie & Sims, Lats a ISP back up, then start going down to the crumbs.

possm

Coach
Possm
I can tell you he is an on going nogations. He has ask to talk more about it as the year goes on.
He and jimmy are close.
It will be interesting to see what shape luc is in when they commence full training.
I hope you're right Samy. If Blake has been talking to the Roosters, it might be hard for SGI to match there price - TPAs will come into the talks. I say table a easonable offer with a deadline. If Blake is hesitant, it is likely he will be moving to a better coach for slightly more coin.

jak

Bench
Possm
He and jimmy are close.
samy any talk about keeping graham around after he has finished playing, ps hows the knee back on the dance floor yet.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
samy any talk about keeping graham around after he has finished playing, ps hows the knee back on the dance floor yet.

Jak.
Im getting there slowly re knee.
I agree with you hope graham stays on in some form. Like forwards coach.
This is my option only.
When I find out something further I will let you know

Reactions: jak

BLM01

First Grade
I hope you're right Samy. If Blake has been talking to the Roosters, it might be hard for SGI to match there price - TPAs will come into the talks. I say table a easonable offer with a deadline. If Blake is hesitant, it is likely he will be moving to a better coach for slightly more coin.
Where did you here Blake is talking to the Roosters?..another one from the archives. :oops: According to this thread he was talking to them early in 2017 but recently...!..Possm..geez

Gareth67

First Grade
Where did you here Blake is talking to the Roosters?..another one from the archives. :oops: According to this thread he was talking to them early in 2017 but recently...!..Possm..geez

“ And the beat goes on “ was one of possums favorite Sonny & Cher’s songs when he was just a little possum !