What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody refs!

danielb

Juniors
Here's a place to b*tch about refs and thier performances, rules, best and worst moments.

sorry guys this is probably in the wrong place but oh well who gives a sh*t im a junior!

Last edited by a moderator:

perverse

Referee
i think they've significantly improved this year under Hollywood.

... and yep, i wouldn't say this is a social thread. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

danielb

Juniors
I though last nights try for manly was absolutely bull, clearly robertson knocked the ball on....oh well manly got there feathers plucked anyway.

danielb

Juniors
Nah I thought it was legit.

Chest/waist is not a knock-on.
dont you think his hand brushed it after that tho when he was trying to get downward pressure? good to see the ref didnt give a penalty till the 67th minute.....well at least in favour of manly! that means souths were disciplined until then, Amazing effort by the bunnies.

Johns Magic

Referee
I haven't watched the replay more than two or three times but the more I watched it the more I was convinced it was a try.

He may have brushed a hand on it, I don't wanna say he didn't without being sure.

That first Souths try, Morgan was definitely off-side in my opinion.

jonno_knights

Juniors
I would have liked another look at Souths first try. It seemed like their centre/winger was offside when Sandow kicked it. Sandow then ran in front of him though, (not 100% sure on the ruling on kickers running the chasers onside these days though)

jonno_knights

Juniors
Theres it is there, but as I said Sandow runs Morgan on straight away, but morgan beats Sandow to the ball.

Attachments

• southsmanly.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 10

RHCP

Bench
At first I thought it was a knock-on, but the side on replay showed it didn't touch his hand and even if it did, didn't propel the ball forward. Messy, but legal.

RABK

Referee
My biggest issue with refs has and forever will be consistency.

I can't blame a ref if he didn't see the smallest of knock ons in a 4 man tackle from 10 metres away or if he misses a guy 10cm offside from a kick. Those happen to all sides and it seems to balance itself out.

But what sh*ts is me is the consistency in ruling.

One week a shoulder charge that hits the head is a penalty, the next week it's legal.

One game where a player offside on a kick gets within 10 metres of a try and it's allowed and another game 2 hours later and the same scenario gets called a no try, penalty.

A try is allowed like the one that young Hopoate scored against us where Williams tackled our players - sometime this season that same scenario will be called up for been illegal and be awarded a no try, penalty.

I don't think it's that hard to have a rule book to follow for all scenarios. It's couch potato science.

Latest posts