What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluebags versus Sharks

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
:alcho: Jets Vs Sharks, I'll be there in spirit but not in person unfortunately :( ,,,be thinkin of youse all though!....Neither hell nor high water will keep me from a dose of Tiger hunting the following sat'dy though!!!!!!!!!!!! hope we nail the lid shut on that mob!:f:
Go the Mighty Jets!!!

Newtown Vs Glebe - Ah, what a mighty sight that would have been!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
That just reminded me of something NB. We only play them once this season don't we. So this will be the Neil PRINGLE cup game. Big day cobber !!......

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Blood oath son! into em, do or die on the fields of Henson!!!!!!!!! go the mighty Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!
upandaway.jpg

greg

Juniors
Where do you keeping getting these treasures NBB? That would look good behind my bar.

2 True Blues

Coach
****Just saw this on the Sharks website, not sure if it's true or not but pasted it over for you guys to read. Does this mean SOWARD is playing for the Jets today ??****

As reported on 2GB

Jamie Soward has been dropped from the match completely

Brett Finch to halfback
Craig Wing to hooker
Charlie Tonga onto the bench

Going by that, Roosters are going to play very physical match

2 True Blues

Coach
Well Soward did not play. Jets went into the half time break 2 points behind at 14 to 12. However were leading 12 to 10 only minutes before the halftime siren but conceded a last minute try.

Jets Steve MEREDITH had a great game and was one our best I thought. Josh LEWIS was also a standout. Jets first half try scoreres were Steve MEREDITH and SA, and josh kicked two good goals.

Jets only scored one try in the whole second half, and although they defended better in the first half defence went out the window in the second.
With only 17 minutes left on the clock the return of a determined Andrew Le BRETON paid off and Andrew scored a try which was converted by Josh.
The score at this stage was 28 to 18 and Jets really looked like they were well and truly in this game and looked capable of chasing down the 10 point lead, however with 15 minutes to go Cronulla put on 16 unanswered points which included a two try effort from Ex-Jet Bobongine. ( STOSIC also scored a good try in the first half for the sharks ).

Jets lost the second half 30 to 6, with the final score 44 to 18 with a last minute try to Bobongine which was converted on the hooter.

Thats 88 points conced in the last two matches for the Jets, and only 46 points scored.

Jets remain on 2 wins from 5 matches on 4 competition points, and for and against is about minus 30 now, having lost all three of their away matches by huge margins.

I thought they played some great football and looked good in attack, however let in some soft trys, whereas they bombed and were unlucky themselves to not have scored more from various opportunities that were created from good play, but did not pay dividends.

I thought Josh LEWIS was very good, and HALL, MEREDITH, KIRK, and MELLARS all had strong games. In fact a lot of blokes played some really good footy however the score did not pay justice to their efforts, and defence was again found lacking.

Balmain should be tough next week at Henson, and hope there is a big turn out of Jets fans at this game to cheer the boys on at home.

greg

Juniors
I know its still early days but we are no show with this defence. Unless the tackle bags are used a bit more at training we can start planning for 2007 already. How do you see it 2TB? Are we a show this year or are we kidding ourselves? Without seeing a game I've only got statistics to go on.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
2 True Blues said:
Jets lost the second half 30 to 6, with the final score 44 to 18 with a last minute try to Bobongine which was converted on the hooter.

Thats 88 points conced in the last two matches for the Jets, and only 46 points scored.

Jets remain on 2 wins from 5 matches on 4 competition points, and for and against is about minus 30 now, having lost all three of their away matches by huge margins.

Brother!,,, I'm F**KING crying here! crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BDH:

bucks1972

Juniors
Is it just me or did the Jets seem to be on the receiving end from the referee last night. A couple of dubious decisions leading to Sharks tries I thought. But no excuses, the Jets put in a better performance than last week against Manly, but still a long way to go!

I thought Vince Mellars had possibly his best game in a Jets jersey last night. It wasn't hard to see that this game meant something to him. Last years Jets targeted him and he certainly stood up!

The defence that the team has shown to this point has not been good. But last night there were signs that they are on the right road. For me, the biggest issue is the five-eight. Sa spent long periods on the bench last night and that puts more pressure on Josh Lewis. He played a great game last night, but you have to wonder just how much better he could be with some assistance in the 6 jersey. John Doyle is still another 4 or 5 weeks away with his hamstring so we have to find an answer to this position.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Just to back up the importance of next weeks game I hope all able bodied Jets fans will make their way to Henson Park to offer vocal support to the team as last year definately showed that vocal "people power" paid dividends for team morale and home game wins!!! ...without a doubt.

Jeffles

Bench
Thank God for Henson Park I say.

Mr Cummins I did not think was consistent but even if he was, Newtown still would have lost. There are still many things to take out of the game.

Defence is a real problem, that goes without saying. I know Cronulla had some good field position but some of those tries were deadset soft. That last 10 minutes and Newtown seemed to give up.

With the ball in our hands I see other concerns. Newtown need more big no-nonsense forwards to take the ball up. Too many lean de-facto centres.

In the halves, I think Lewis is under a lot of pressure. Our options in playmaking and last tackles look weak.

As I began this thread, thank God for Henson Park and the way it lifts our boys. They need it this Saturday. Get behind them!

Whats going on with the defence these days ? Maybe we should try and bring Col back and he'd be able to sort out something. This new bloke does'nt seem to be able to get thing right at the back. Sure we can score but what good is taht when we are leaking trys at a rate of knots.

Wasn't at the game, but there does seem a problem with the defence which isn't an issue when playing against the weaker teams that we can put the tries on, but when playing a good side who can also attack and score we're stuffed!
Bring on Saturday arvo at Henson, that should give the boys a lift but Balmain have started the year strongly... I'll be tipping the Boys in Blue but it's heart over head.

Bluebag

Juniors
David Gillespie is the defensive coach,we lack a ;ot of experience and size actually, many of the team are still eligible for Flegg and with injuries taking place above we will be stretched for the next few weeks.

Bluebag does that bring into question if this deal with the Roosters was such a good move if they can only supply us with Flegg players ? When the Jets were a stand alone team we could at least attract a player that was big enough for 1st Div now we have to put up with Flegg players who should still be playing Flegg cos they aren't big enough for this grade and look at the results so far this year. Not all that encouraging, are they ?

Jeffles

Bench
This deal is no different from the Sharks 2005. Thus we can only attract that same players this year as we could last year - and last year that took us to the finals so it should not be a problem this year.

When we were a stand alone club our results were much worse. We could not as easily attract players that were NRL potential because there wasd no pathway.

I think the size issue is more to do with club tactics.

hrundi99

First Grade
Newtown Jets fan said:
Bluebag does that bring into question if this deal with the Roosters was such a good move if they can only supply us with Flegg players ? When the Jets were a stand alone team we could at least attract a player that was big enough for 1st Div now we have to put up with Flegg players who should still be playing Flegg cos they aren't big enough for this grade and look at the results so far this year. Not all that encouraging, are they ?

Only Flegg players?

Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?

Latest posts