What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues role to keep Anasta in league

bartman

Immortal
If his form warrants it, he should get a spot - Braith had a great game last weekend. If he did it week in-week out then he';d be the only name on anybody's lips.

But I think it's poor form for a player or his manager to "barter" for rep selection like this. It was wrong when Joey got the league to promise commentary roles etc to match what supposedly he could get in Union, and this feels like a very similar approach to me.

If I was a selector, this behaviour would earn him a black mark, and off to Union he can go...

driftout

Juniors
Anasta was over hyped when he debuted in the NRL...everything half decent he did was magnified. The media was looking for the next superstar . He never had much pace back then and seemed to lose a bit more pace when he bulked up which saw him end up playing at lock at various stages . He has a chronic sternum injury which could flare up at any time and his kicking game can be very ordinary at times. According to a newspaper report , when he did some strength and speed tests with the Waratahs they were surprised how slow he was . Having said that , he seems to have accepted more responsibility over the past month and is playing with more confidence. Certain parts of the media are also getting behind him , pushing his barrow for Origin selection .

White Poiner

Coach
f**k off mate league dosent need him anyways. He is crap many 5/8's playin better this year where is their vote for selection ansata is not chance in my mind. However Paul gallen was a shoe in for me in city/country.

kickback

Juniors
What a big mistake it was to allow Travis Norton and Johnathan Thurston to join the Cowboys, and keeping Anasta at the Dogs

well said, Thurston hardly got the credit he deserved at the bulldogs because it was all about Anasta, now look at him go, he might even play halfback for QLD this year. As much as i hate to admit it i think Barrat will get the nod as 5'8 for the cocky's this year, but hay he could also snap something this week and take the session off like normal years.

But i think NSW have a real problem this year all over the park but mostly in the half's, Kimmorly is the only inform player really and he should be captin because he deserves it, Danny Buderus has only played 3 games back and lets have a look at newcastle, he should not be there at all. Luke Pridis should be number 9, he is only the current test hooker.

But ha i'm a Queenslander and we will win 3/0 anyway

Snoop Shark

First Grade
driftout said:
. According to a newspaper report , when he did some strength and speed tests with the Waratahs they were surprised how slow he was.

I find that hard to believe if he was doing that whilst still contracted to the Dogs :?

Dogaholic

First Grade
kickback said:
What a big mistake it was to allow Travis Norton and Johnathan Thurston to join the Cowboys, and keeping Anasta at the Dogs

well said, Thurston hardly got the credit he deserved at the bulldogs because it was all about Anasta, now look at him go, he might even play halfback for QLD this year. As much as i hate to admit it i think Barrat will get the nod as 5'8 for the cocky's this year, but hay he could also snap something this week and take the session off like normal years.

But i think NSW have a real problem this year all over the park but mostly in the half's, Kimmorly is the only inform player really and he should be captin because he deserves it, Danny Buderus has only played 3 games back and lets have a look at newcastle, he should not be there at all. Luke Pridis should be number 9, he is only the current test hooker.

But ha i'm a Queenslander and we will win 3/0 anyway

Thurston was our number on 5/8 at the start of the year, Anasta slotted in at Lock. A long term injury took care of that though. Story of Thurston's time at the Dogs was injury, injury, injury. He couldn't pull off a tackle without picking up something. The Dogs knew how good he was/is. We just couldn't squeeze him under the cap.

It's great to see him perform this year though. Even suprisingly pull off big tackles, fingers crossed that this continues. Shame he ain't at the Dogs now! Although, Anasta is going great!

Garts

Bench
what a toss!!!!

so he is virtually saying if RL wants to keep him they have to give him a rep jumper!!!! Poor Braith

I know he would be frustrated at not getting selected but coming out and saying that is not going to win him any fans.

Dogs Of War

Coach
The other issue with thurston at the dogs was he was continually getting homesick. Only going to Nth Qld was going to cure that. Some players just don't like the big smoke.

Latest posts