What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues :)

saint-colesy

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Micheal Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Greg Bird/Todd Carney
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Micheal Ennis
10. Brett White
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Ben Creagh
13. Paul Gallen/Greg Bird

14. Justin Poore
15. Tom Leyroyd-Lars
16. Luke Lewis/Paul Gallen
17. Jason Ryles/Luke Douglas

Tiger_Tomato

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Lawrence
3.Cooper
4.Jennings
5.B.Morris
6.Soward
7.Kimmorley
8.Ryles
9.Farah
10.Weyman
11.Watmough
12.Gallen
13.Bird

14.Lewis
15.Poore
16.Galloway
17.Leyrod Lahrs

Knightmare

Coach
As long as Qld pick Heather at 5/8th I'd rather see NSW stay with Kimmorley at half- he at least has a fair amount of Origin experience and has been fairly decent his last couple of outings for the Blues. The selectors have shot themselves in the foot by constantly chopping and changing the halves while the XXXX Dream Team stick with Lockyer and Thurston, a tried and tested combination.

I can't put Tahu in the side at this point, would need to see if he still has the form that he did before he went to Rugby.

As a Knights fan I'd love to see De Gois at hooker, but Ennis is the stand-out for me. Ennis is a grubby, dirty merkin who likes to get under the skin of his opponents, he's a player straight out of the Benny Elias mould. Just the sort of person to get up grubs like Cam Smith and Billy the Cat. With Justin not there to "defend the brotherhood, dawg, for lyf!" Ennis will have less players to worry about targetting. We saw in Game 3 last year what happens to Qld when you bother to get up them and not everything is being served to them on a plate...

The question is, can Craig Bellamy do it without his key Storm players (Smith, Billy the Cat and "Big Game") who all play for the Dream Team?

Phillips

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Tahu
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Sutton
7. Barrett (c)
8. Poore
9. Ennis/De Gois
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. O'Donnell

14. Lewis
15. Learoyd-Lahrs
16. Galloway
17. Douglas

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Jamie Soward
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Justin Poore
9. Michael Ennis
10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Luke Lewis
15. Keith Galloway
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Michael Weyman

18. Brett White (Might consider him just to unsettle the Maroons as a twenty minute bench replacement.)

Obviously form will factor in, so there are these players to be watched.

Timana Tahu
Greg Bird
Robbie Farah
Jarrod Mullen
Todd Carney
Ben Creagh
Chris Lawrence
Kade Snowden
Luke Douglas
Chris Houston
John Sutton
Eric Grothe Jr.
Jarrod Croker
Justin Carney
Terry Campese
Isaac De Gois
Kurt Gidley
Feleti Mateo

There is not a position in the side that would be unfillable if a player went down. Lewis can cover everywhere but prop and full-back (debatable). If Stewart drops, you got Hayne to cover, Lewis to centre, Josh Morris to wing. If Ennis drops I'm sure Lewis could play the nine. If Kimmorley drops, Lewis or Hayne to six and Soward to halfback.

What NSW really need. Is for someone like Soward to continue to improve and cement his status as a top half. NSW need a dominant half to take us forward. Someone like A Johns, or D Lockyer. Brett Kimmorley, try as he might, just hasn't seemed to be the man to do it.

I'm hoping someone like Tim Moltzen or Daniel Mortimer just come on like a rocket at the start of 2010.

Mong

Post Whore
It would have been more appropriate for the title of this thread to have been:

Blues :lol:

What will it be this year, 5 in a row?

watatank

Coach
I wouldn't mind Dugan at fullback if Hayne was injured but as long as Hayne's available he should be fullback, no questions asked.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Id prefer 1.Stewart 2.Hayne if both are fit (or not in gaol).

Dugan is way down the list of fullbacks right now. Dont get me wrong, the kid is a future superstar but it would be madness to throw him into Origin so early.

skeepe

Immortal
I'm predicting Dane Tilse to make his Origin debut this year. He's been coming under the radar for a while now, and has developed into one of the best props in the NRL.

I'm predicting Dane Tilse to make his Origin debut this year. He's been coming under the radar for a while now, and has developed into one of the best props in the NRL.

Im a Raider's fan and i dont really want Tilse in our 17 let alone the Blues!
Soft runs, stupid mistakes, and offloads with no support around. NO THANKS

Vic Mackey

Referee

as ridiculously biased as skeepe is, i dont COMPLETLY disagree with this statement.

tilse probably wouldnt be in my first choice 17, but he should definitely make country. if he then forced his way into the side, i wouldnt complain.

tilse is a much better player then shillington, who somehow played for australia last year.

GB!

Juniors
1. Brett Stewart (manly)
2. Brett Morris (saints)
3. Jamie Lyon (manly)
4. Michael Jennings (panthers)
5. Jarryd Hayne (eels)
6. Greg Bird (GC)
7. Brett Kimmorley (dogs)
8. Willie Mason (manly)
9. Michael Ennis (dogs)
10. Luke Bailey (GC)
11. Anthony Watmough (manly)
12. Paul Gallen (sharks)
13. Glen Stewart (manly)

14. Luke Lewis (panthers)
15. Keith Galloway (tiger)
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (faiders)
17. Jason king (manly)

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Brett Stewart (manly)
2. Brett Morris (saints)
3. Jamie Lyon (manly)
4. Michael Jennings (panthers)
5. Jarryd Hayne (eels)
6. Greg Bird (GC)
7. Brett Kimmorley (dogs)
8. Willie Mason (manly)
9. Michael Ennis (dogs)
10. Luke Bailey (GC)
11. Anthony Watmough (manly)
12. Paul Gallen (sharks)
13. Glen Stewart (manly)

14. Luke Lewis (panthers)
15. Keith Galloway (tiger)
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (faiders)
17. Jason king (manly)

let me guess....manly fan??

mxlegend99

Referee
Assuming everyone is full fit and not suspended:

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Chris Lawrence
6. Jamie Soward
7. Brett Kimmorley (c)
8. Justin Poore
9. Michael Ennis
10. Jason Ryles
11. Ben Creagh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
15. Keith Galloway
16. Brett White
17. Luke Lewis

I moved Jarryd Hayne to fullback and left Brett Stewart out as Jarryd Hayne isn't as effective on the right side of the field, and it's hard to judge how the Morris twins would go on the right hand side of the field. Ontop of that his best position is clearly at fullback and based on his form in 2009 he deserves it ahead of everyone else IMO. Kurt Gidley shouldn't be anywhere near the side IMO. No utility value and his fullback play isn't suited to Origin. He works great at club level with the right game plan and teammates, but not at rep levels.