What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blues :)

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
If Luke Lewis had a more profound kicking game, he would get picked ahead of Gidley everytime as utility. Gidley is an ok player, but we have better options.

Phillips

Referee
1. Stewart (Otherwise, Hayne to fullback and Brett Morris to wing)
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. Cooper
5. Grothe
6. Sutton
7. Barrett (c)
8. Ryles
9. Ennis
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. O'Donnell

14. Farah
15. Lewis/Creagh
16. Weyman
17. Galloway

Vic Mackey

Referee
yep gidley had a great game at center. i couldnt believe he held the english center pairing of chris bridge and michael shenton at bay....

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gidley was fine at centre in the 4 Nations Final. In saying that it's probably about the only game (out of about 10) where he has actually done something as a "utility" at rep level.

This is a fair point to make and one I myself made leading up to the 4 nations. There really isnt a need for a utility at rep level, the times like the final where it is required are few and far between.

If Luke Lewis had a more profound kicking game, he would get picked ahead of Gidley everytime as utility. Gidley is an ok player, but we have better options.

Yet the selectors and coach prefer Gidley for the role and have left Lewis out many times. I find a lack of a "profound kicking game" a pretty weak reason.
yep gidley had a great game at center. i couldnt believe he held the english center pairing of chris bridge and michael shenton at bay....

:lol: Is this sarcasm? They were international players representing their country mate, no excuses