What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bmoz is gone

Mr Red

First Grade
Absolutely gutted. One of my favourite players. How far we have fallen.

One a side note, how on earth can the Bulldogs fit Morris in under the cap??? NRL HAS BECOME A JOKE....level playing field...I think not.

P.S Thanks for the memories Brett.

Sick of hearing this ... Simply a cop out

It is a level playing field, all clubs are capable to cheat the cap just as much as each other ... Our pathetic board simply aren't smart enough to do so.

At least we have never cheated the cap. How can you afford him at $600,000. Or I forgot Todd F****N Greenberg is second in charge of the NRL. You have no limit to 3rd party agreements just like other clubs. backline had upgraded contracts. If you think your backline is on poor money you are a dreamer. You cheated the cap once so what's stopping you doing it again. I like your promo born and bred club. What a joke. You must have only two juniors in your club. Good luck for getting away with. At least you cheat to win where we pay money for rubbish.

Tell me who is on good money in our back line apart from Morris then you clown

Mr Red

First Grade
How do I explain to my 7 year old boy that his favourite player is not playing for the Dragons next year. He love BMoz ................

OUST DOUST!!! How can he not be held accountable?

This is the real issue here and one the club has taken way too lightly
They have now completely isolated a large part of the already dwindling fan base by releasing the clubs favourite son.
Self inflicted pressure next year ... Immediate success is now the only option for the club next year in order to validate such extreme decisions ....
Self imploding indeed...

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
We are, officially, the joke of the league. Frank Facer would be turning in his grave. We have room in our club for nuffies like Harrison, Green, Marshall, Creagh, Hunt etc etc etc and we meekly let Moz go.

Wooden Spooners next year, I fear.

I agree with three out of the five but creagh played with everything after price left. Captain blood I put my trust. Benji will win more next year too.

Mr Red

First Grade
Damn that sucks, all along i was hoping Slothfield was stirring shite but then i thought what is there to gain for him doing that

as Goldberg would say, "who's NEXT"

sad to see him go as i was really hoping to see him as a Dragons Captain

Unfortunately the Morris rumours were coming from so many different sources that there had to be truth to it , can't blame the telegraph here.
Add to that the post match press conference with Morris and McGregor, where Morris was smirking all through the questions about him leaving and the writing was on the wall for he public to see..

karuah6

Juniors
Now you've hit the nail on the head. Not many posters talking about this.

So Price got rid of Soward and Mary got rid of Morris; peas in a pod!

Can you prove that McGregor did not get on with Bmoz or is this just your feeling.Just interest earring to know.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Can you prove that McGregor did not get on with Bmoz or is this just your feeling.Just interest earring to know.

Heard the same mate but not all McGregors doing either.
There's a new big dog in town and a few don't like it. After years of Price, some have lost that killer instinct and didn't like their end of season assessments and a few home truths.

karuah6

Juniors
There's a new big dog in town and a few don't like it. After years of Price, some have lost that killer instinct and didn't like their end of season assessments and a few home truths.

Good on McGregor. Give it to them, if they can't handle it, see ya

Fingerbang

Bench
There were some Saints fans in the early days who didn't like Killer Kearney's methods too.....we could really do with a reincarnation of Killer right now. A no softc0cks policy!

Mr Red

First Grade

I think that may be the case in some instances where players might not get on with McGregor, however it's not the case with Morris.
Apart from Morris being our standout player for all to see and thus not deserving any of the above criticism, if a coach questions your value to the team ie... You earn too much money for being just a winger, then that pretty much ends the working relationship right there....

Good Luck to him.
My opinion is this, if he wants to go, then he can go. We aren't the brett morris dragons, we are the St.George Illawarra Dragons. We are a footy club, and there are alot of stakeholders that make up that footy club. The coaching staff, management, sponsors, the fans, leagues club etc. He is one cog in a bigger machine. He is replaceable, just like all the players in our team are. We, as fans, as much as we like to speculate and wish we knew the inside stories and politics of the club, we don't. The club would have a plan in place, we have to trust that plan.
They couldn't get rid of Hunt, Green etc because they didn't want to get released and are on contract. Once their contracts end, they will go most probably. Brett Morris wanted to get released, they let him go, straight away our cap pressure eases. We have to trust that the new recruits to cover for our loss of players are up to the standard that we as fans expect of our famous global team.
I won't be crying because he left, because I believe in our club, I believe that they have a plan (ala penrith a few years ago), and I believe we will rise to the top again. It is no use being negative about our management, they are smart, the coach knows who he wants and what he needs (i.e. forwards) and management and recruitment are trying to make that happen.
It's not the end of the world, in my eyes it is only the start of our journey back to the top of the nrl food chain.
Thats my opinion, thanks for reading.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Brett Morris is our top Marquee player in our club. The best we have. And we let him go.

And are we getting a forward from the grubs in exchange? Probably not, they want to keep everybody and keep signing everybody else.

Congrats netball lady, you've certainly taken Mr Doust to school.

karuah6

Juniors
Good Luck to him.
My opinion is this, if he wants to go, then he can go. We aren't the brett morris dragons, we are the St.George Illawarra Dragons. We are a footy club, and there are alot of stakeholders that make up that footy club. The coaching staff, management, sponsors, the fans, leagues club etc. He is one cog in a bigger machine. He is replaceable, just like all the players in our team are. We, as fans, as much as we like to speculate and wish we knew the inside stories and politics of the club, we don't. The club would have a plan in place, we have to trust that plan.
They couldn't get rid of Hunt, Green etc because they didn't want to get released and are on contract. Once their contracts end, they will go most probably. Brett Morris wanted to get released, they let him go, straight away our cap pressure eases. We have to trust that the new recruits to cover for our loss of players are up to the standard that we as fans expect of our famous global team.
I won't be crying because he left, because I believe in our club, I believe that they have a plan (ala penrith a few years ago), and I believe we will rise to the top again. It is no use being negative about our management, they are smart, the coach knows who he wants and what he needs (i.e. forwards) and management and recruitment are trying to make that happen.
It's not the end of the world, in my eyes it is only the start of our journey back to the top of the nrl food chain.
Thats my opinion, thanks for reading.

Mate, I agree with you. But watch out for all the negative posts you are going to receive. Remember Michael O'Connor, he went to Manly because his employer was a sponsor. Eventually, along came Bmoz. There is always someone to replace you. We will survive & be back better than ever. Now negative people, have a go.:D

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I think that may be the case in some instances where players might not get on with McGregor, however it's not the case with Morris.
Apart from Morris being our standout player for all to see and thus not deserving any of the above criticism, if a coach questions your value to the team ie... You earn too much money for being just a winger, then that pretty much ends the working relationship right there....

I never said that was the case...'the coach questioning his value to the team i.e...You earn too much money for just being a winger'.
There are a lot of stories doing the rounds but what I heard is.....
Morris wanted more money and he was already the highest paid winger in the NRL at $450k pa.
More money from us would not have made any difference...he wanted out. End of story.
I'm only telling you what has been passed on to me.
The other thing is there are certainly things going on in the background now that means there will be personnel changes at the Bulldogs. Might signal the end of Matua and a few others as I have mentioned to some but questions are definitely being asked about Bulldogs cap space. There has to be some benefit to us to grant Morris his release. Mulholland is no fool and would've made sure of it.

Prometheus

Juniors
I can't believe we are losing one of our best local products because they went nuts and bought people like Benji Marshall.