What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board Elections

In terms of ex Panthers for the board

I think Girdler is an excellent suggestion for the board.

Other names that come to mind

Luke Priddis (has done great work in the community)

Joe Galuvao (has worked at the NRL for a few years now)

Actually Greg did too, Greg Alexander Trophies, but it didn't work out. He's far more careful in choosing his words than Girds, perhaps due to being on the board. I count this as a positive. Anyone can kick their former club when it's down which seems to be the Girds modus operandi.

Girdlers criticisms are good, they aren’t just random verbal diarrhoea like many other ex players.

Fangs

Coach
Will be interesting. There have been similar movements before which led nowhere.

Change is needed.

Abacus

Juniors
They come at certain times, that being after bad defeats. I saw what happened last night. I don't need Girds to tell me the problems this side has.
Need to have critical thought Frog. Can't all be rose-coloured glass yes-men.

Bob

Juniors
Brandy is all these things. However being a good footy player does not make you a good board member or executive.

I have known Brandy at a professional level and love him and everything he's done for the club but in some ways he is used as a footy talisman by the board. Brandy was a guy that when footy finished he had no idea where to go. He doesn't have some of the business nous possessed by Girds who ran his own small business. My observation was that his time was limited in respect of his board responsibilities and when the subject matter is non-football he had little input.

I will say that in respect of Dave approaching his mate I believe Brandy had no idea. However, the board would still have had to ratify that decision - I don't know how individual members would have voted but I don't believe that the board would need to reach a unanimous position.
From the Girdler Cafe website

SIMPLE HONEST GOODNESS

The journey began in 2005 when Ryan Girdler and his partner Katja took over a small cafe on Dee Why Beach. After retiring from professional football it is here Ryan developed a new passion for specialty coffee and roasting. Sebastian, their Colombian partner in crime joined the two a few years later, bringing a wealth of knowledge and business expertise to the team.

I hope if he’s elected to the board that some on here are advocating he brings the guy with the business smarts with him

Abacus

Juniors
When does the buck stop with the players, I mean they are coming in with bad attitudes
Probably once the coaching staff have done their job properly with implementing discipline, fitness and generally setting the acceptable standard for player attitude. Players will play to the standard they have been trained and prepared.

My reading of Nathan's comments is that not much of a standard was set or the players were not pulled up for poor performance. Most of the players have showed over the previous 3 years thaf they can attain a standard higher than what they have shown this year.

With players mentioning the more enjoyable training over pre-season (this schedule is set by the coaching staff), its apparent they have been prepared to lower standard for 2019.

franklin2323

Immortal
None of us know what shape the cap is in. Stop blowing this crap out of you butt.

Western weekender has links to the board. Stated we can't replace Phillips externally due to him being on close to minimum wage.

You would think the editor being son in law of a board member they would know such things

Abacus

Juniors
From the Girdler Cafe website

SIMPLE HONEST GOODNESS

The journey began in 2005 when Ryan Girdler and his partner Katja took over a small cafe on Dee Why Beach. After retiring from professional football it is here Ryan developed a new passion for specialty coffee and roasting. Sebastian, their Colombian partner in crime joined the two a few years later, bringing a wealth of knowledge and business expertise to the team.

I hope if he’s elected to the board that some on here are advocating he brings the guy with the business smarts with him
Gee your feathers appear ruffled over people's dissatisfaction with Dave and the board and their appointment of Ivan.

So from the extract, Girdler and his partner ran the cafe for a few years before stepping it up a level in partnership with Sebastian. I'm not sure you're actually making the point that you want. Nobody wants Girdler in as all-knowing, all-doing overlord - he would be working in partnership with others on the board, bringing a mix of business and football knowledge.

TheFrog

Coach
Gee your feathers appear ruffled over people's dissatisfaction with Dave and the board and their appointment of Ivan.

So from the extract, Girdler and his partner ran the cafe for a few years before stepping it up a level in partnership with Sebastian. I'm not sure you're actually making the point that you want. Nobody wants Girdler in as all-knowing, all-doing overlord - he would be working in partnership with others on the board, bringing a mix of business and football knowledge.
If he's on the board he won't lay the boot in when the team falls on hard times as he's been wont to do up until now. That has to be a positive, but I'd still prefer Gus.

Abacus

Juniors
If he's on the board he won't lay the boot in when the team falls on hard times as he's been wont to do up until now. That has to be a positive, but I'd still prefer Gus.
Maybe not in public but we'd benefit from the straight shooting at board and administration levels.

Latest posts