What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Bentley CEO

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mic_flag_for_twitter_normal.png

2GBNews 2GB News

Bob Bentley has been appointed Group Chief Executive of the Parramatta Football and Leagues Club #2GBNews

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think he was already in charge of the NRL side so it make sense to have him look after the Football Club too.

thats a big mistake, Fitzy was doing both and one always gets more time than the other and one suffers, in Fitzy's case it was the football club. I think we need a seperate Football club CEO.

El Diablo

Post Whore
if Mayer applied for the job then he should have got the job imo

does anyone know if he did?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22272

Bob Bentley named group CEO
Written by: Parramatta Eels Media
Feb 3, 2012 6:14pm

The Board of the Pirtek Parramatta Eels this week appointed Bob Bentley as Group Chief Executive Officer of the Parramatta Eels Football Club and Leagues Club.

Bentley has served as the Leagues Club CEO since April 2010 and as acting Eels CEO since December 2011 following the resignation of Paul Osborne.

“I am very excited about being appointed to the position of Group CEO and the opportunity to work with the Board, Management and Staff across both the Football and Leagues Clubs,” Bentley said today.

“There is a great feeling in the Club at the moment and about the Club's future both on and off the field and I will be working hard to ensure it is well positioned for a successful 2012 season.”

Pirtek Parramatta Eels Chairman Roy Spagnolo said:

“The Leagues Club and the Football Club are intrinsically linked so it makes sense, with the right support structure in place, for us to have a CEO who can implement the Board's strategic direction in both areas.

“We've been more than happy with Bob's performance to date and we are satisfied he is the right choice to take us forward.”

Parra

Referee
Interviews wont get you the best.

Just a waste of time for everyone involved.

Eels Dude

Coach
yes

especially if there was someone better

so did they hold interviews to get the best?

Well earlier it was reported Bentley was one of the ones in charge of appointing the new CEO. Perhaps he didn't like the other candidates so decided to appoint himself instead.

spider

Coach
One wouldn't envisage it to be long term.

Bentley has as much football knowledge as he does club knowledge