What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books regarding Super League

blaine train

Juniors
Anyone know what books there are regarding Super League and where I can find them. I'd just like another insight into it as I wasn't around at the time. Thank-you in advance

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Super League - the Inside Story, by Mike Coleman. Great read.

It's probably a one sided account.

Read alot of players books from the time, they give good accounts from both sides of the fence.

Big Bunny

Juniors
I collected RL Week during the superleague rot, it's probably the best resource because it covered everything in detail over the duration from the rumblings in 95 all through the turmoil.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a fairly long timeline from the Superleague war. If you're interested, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Kiwi, please explain how it's one sided?

Colemon was a News Ltd journo, and IMHO gave a pretty accurate account.

blaine train

Juniors
If anyone had the actual book i'd be willing to buy it off them. Don't know how we'd do it, but im'm desperate for the story

dimitri

First Grade
blaine train said:
If anyone had the actual book i'd be willing to buy it off them. Don't know how we'd do it, but im'm desperate for the story

ive tried to buy a copy of this book too

i know there is a copy at the sydney uni health sciences library

Razor

Coach
Colemon was a News Ltd journo, and IMHO gave a pretty accurate account.

He gave the News Ltd side of the story.

I have the book(somewhere)

Green Machine

First Grade
Without a doubt, Mike Colman did a very good job in telling the story of the Super League War. He does it well front the perceptive of having friends on both sides of the fence including a former News Ltd journalist in Chimes Gillis. He in no way bags Phil Gould or Bob Fulton. Anyone who says it’s a New Ltd account of what happened has never read it,

rabbitville

blaine train said:
Anyone know what books there are regarding Super League and where I can find them. I'd just like another insight into it as I wasn't around at the time. Thank-you in advance

Some idiot went to News Ltd and said, 'hey I have a great idea'.

[move forward a few years]

Sh!t, we fkd up....bad!

I thought about mentioning George Piggins book, but I wouldn't want to subject you to that rubbish.

From a true supporters view, Moving the Goalposts (Mark Courtney) is a sensational read.

hrundi99

First Grade
rabbitville said:

Sh!t, we fkd up....bad!

I thought about mentioning George Piggins book, but I wouldn't want to subject you to that rubbish.

From a true supporters view, Moving the Goalposts (Mark Courtney) is a sensational read.

Who are these supposed "true supporters" you mention?

Green Machine

First Grade
rabbitville said:

Sh!t, we fkd up....bad!
The book was written in 1996 well before the end the war.
rabbitville said:
Is it that bad?
rabbitville said:
Are you one of those 6000 true South Sydney supporters. Didn’t George Piggins refer to blokes like Mark Courtney, Andrew Denton, and Nick Pappas as flees, recently?

mightybears

Bench
Green Machine said:
Without a doubt, Mike Colman did a very good job in telling the story of the Super League War. He does it well front the perceptive of having friends on both sides of the fence including a former News Ltd journalist in Chimes Gillis. He in no way bags Phil Gould or Bob Fulton. Anyone who says it’s a New Ltd account of what happened has never read it,

largely agree
a news ltd man but north sydney supporter, its a relatively balanced account
sent him an email, i'm sure he'll sell you a copy/know where to get one

Latest posts