What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Booze buddies face ban

coolumsharkie

Referee
Booze buddies face ban

The Canberra Raiders have axed stars Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson from Friday’s night’s crucial match against the South Sydney Rabbitohs for alleged alcohol breaches.
Raiders coach David Furner will name his team at 4pm today and was unavailable for comment, but The Canberra Times understands Dugan and Ferguson will be both be stood down for disciplinary reasons relating to alcohol.
It’s alleged Ferguson showed up to a training session late last week still under the affect of alcohol, while Dugan had allegedly been drinking while trying to recover from an abdominal strain. Both were in breach of the club’s alcohol policy.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Furner has already demonstrated this season that abuse of alcohol will not be tolerated, placing the entire NRL squad on an alcohol ban for three weeks following their loss to the Brisbane Broncos in round seven.
That ban was only lifted following Canberra’s last round victory over the Parramatta Eels.
Dugan and Ferguson are two of Canberra’s biggest stars and their absence will hurt a team already hit by injury. Josh Papalii is still battling to recover from nerve damage to his forearm, while Dane Tilse is also in doubt.
The Raiders will be sweating on the fitness of captain and prop David Shillington, who lines up for Queensland tomorrow night in the State of Origin.
Reece Robinson is expected to replace Dugan at fullback this Friday night against the Rabbitohs while boom rookie Jack Wighton is expected to shift to the wing to cover for Ferguson.
It is a crucial match for the Raiders who have started the season with four wins from 10 matches.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Makes our task a bit easier. And increases the expectations.

I'm worried we're going to take it too lightly after beating better teams than the Raiders, if we go into this in 1st gear we could get embarassed.

''I want to win a premiership, and also with the things going on in the club, the uncertainty, I just want to be in a stable place where I can concentrate on winning a title, that is what is in my heart,'' Ferguson told the Herald. ''It is nothing personal, I do have an emotional attachment to the club. I just want to win.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...owing-stuart-out-of-sharks-20100702-zu0x.html

Seems like stability and concentration have a different meaning in Canberra.

coolumsharkie

Referee
''I want to win a premiership, and also with the things going on in the club, the uncertainty, I just want to be in a stable place where I can concentrate on winning a title, that is what is in my heart,'' Ferguson told the Herald. ''It is nothing personal, I do have an emotional attachment to the club. I just want to win.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...owing-stuart-out-of-sharks-20100702-zu0x.html

Seems like stability and concentration have a different meaning in Canberra.

Suck shyte fat head, you will never live that down.

Absolute mongheads the both of them. Deserve everything they get.

On a plus note, Edrick Lee~! is making his debut on Friday night!

Edrick Lee come on down.

Hopefully he plays left centre and Furner switches Croker to the right.

It's disappointing that the guys have let alcohol weaken our side even further.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Dumbarses.

lol @ sharks fans still hanging on to that Fergo butt hurt. Not even a successfull start to the season can wash away those bitter tears.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Why do these NRL clubs make up no booze rules knowing that sooner or later they will get broken which will be straight away picked up by the media & generate bad publicity for their own club, sponsors & the NRL.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Why do these NRL clubs make up no booze rules knowing that sooner or later they will get broken which will be straight away picked up by the media & generate bad publicity for their own club, sponsors & the NRL.
Dresden Dan you dopey f**kwit. These rules are in place for a reason. Being drunk at training reduces the effectiveness of training. Being drunk while injured reduces the effectiveness of recovery.

These people get paid a lot of money to not put shit in their body when they're not meant to. It's not the rulemakers fault, it's the idiot players fault.

RWB

Bench
Makes our task a bit easier. And increases the expectations.

I'm worried we're going to take it too lightly after beating better teams than the Raiders, if we go into this in 1st gear we could get embarassed.

You'd probably stall if you tried to start off in any other gear...

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dumbarses.

lol @ sharks fans still hanging on to that Fergo butt hurt. Not even a successfull start to the season can wash away those bitter tears.

agreed
i love how cut the sharks fans continue to be over fergo

on topic, both dopey f**kers, talented but dopey f**kers

sit a week, learn their lesson (hopefully) back next week