What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bouncer's family will still sue Fatty Vautin despite brother's death

Ribs

Bench
Under the circumstances, no way would Vautin have knowingly sledged him. Now his bro dies, and would have known of the comments, and now they sue.

F*cking greedy wankers, hope they lose and get hammered with legal costs.

How much of a dog is Hadley???

Brutus

Referee
Sam Newman and the AFL Footy Show are the ones that need a bagging. They regularly pounce on the disabled.

Sir Biffo

Bench
I remember seeing this & thinking immediately 'the bloke is disabled'...
it is an easy mistake to make, but common sense would tell you that if a pub allows any staff to work under them whilst intoxicated then it would probably be shut down.
To me it's a no-brainer... liquor laws are too strict these days for them to assume that the bouncer was drunk

Common sense would also tell you that one of the largest hotels in Brisbane wouldn't put a disabled man on the door on state of origin night ...

Brutus

Referee
Under the circumstances, no way would Vautin have knowingly sledged him. Now his bro dies, and would have known of the comments, and now they sue.

F*cking greedy wankers, hope they lose and get hammered with legal costs.

How much of a dog is Hadley???

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1188284.htm
(Set to Music)He’s a f**king idiot - f**king spastic. I’ve forgotten more than he f**king knows.
He’s a f**king idiot - f**king spastic. It’s not about my voice being on air.
He’s a f**king idiot - f**king spastic. I’m f**king filthy on this bloke.
Hadley loses it (oops who left the tape running remix)
-Listen »

Feel free to have a listen.

coolumsharkie

Referee
So they thought the guy had a few too many drinks and was laughed at and then realised that he had a disability?

Is that how the story goes?

So now they want to sue? If thats the case then this is one f**ked up world we live in. I guess people have forgotten about sticks and stones or acceptance of apologies?

drake

First Grade
We live in a society that allows violent criminals to sue people defending their family and property.
I feel sorry for the bloke who is the excuse for the law suit against a QLD favourite, especially considering he works at the Caxton. I can't imagine he's going to be popular with the punters after his family screws Fatty the same week his disabled brother dies.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Also if they would have just dropped it at the start after Fatty was made aware of the situation, then let him make the apology tomorrow night on air it would have all been forgotten about and people could move on.

Now they're going to drag it through the courts and expose their son to even more negative attention. What great parents - I hope the settlement is worth it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Fatty is really going to struggle tomorrow night making this apology especially with the death of his brother. He doesnt need this crap

alexc

un-f**king-believable. God I hate people. I thought he was blind as, same with probably everyone that watched the show.

scuzzi

Juniors
lawyers are scum. Had fatty said the bouncer looks disabled, he would have been in a sh*tload more trouble from the public and media, but wouldn't get sued under a defamation act because its "contextual truth". I think the boys tonight should call Hadley a genius because it wouldn't further harm his reputation.

jc155776

Coach
Its a case that can't be won.

Defamation is very hard to prove these days under the current legislation.

Knight87

Juniors
Well, a couple of comments from the news.com.au comments section, which pretty much sum up what I think about the current situation now:

"sorry, but the bouncer's family are showing their true colours now....it's all about the money!! Seems like now they are exploiting their son's situation- if they are really concerned about any adverse publicity continuing, why sue?? This ensures the spotlight remains on him! It was an honest mistake, they have got an apology-now move on! (& actually I am not sure their son should be working as a bouncer- good on him for getting a job, but I would have thought his suitability for this job, & health and safety issues would make him ineligible for this particular job)"

and

"Not normally a 'Footy Show' watcher I did see that segment and 'Yes ' I thought Mr Stacey had been enjoying himself on the night ,so how the Footy Show Panel should have known otherwise from the impromptu interview I do not know.Whilst I applaud Mr Stacey getting out there and earning a dollar I think the bigger issue is how can a person with his sought of disability be in that position.At the end of the day he is a 'Doorman,Bouncer' what ever you want to call it and he is there to evict people who are misbehaving in the premises so how can he communicate with them in what will always be a stressful ,emotion charged enviroment.If anything the question should be asked under the OH&S banner and the Caxton Hotel should be asked 'How they let the man be on his own with that impediment.The next time his speech causes confusion it may result in tragic consequences"

nqcowboy87

Bench
as all the people watching and hosting the footy show we thought he was drunk even the guys boss thought he was pissed on the job and sacked him so how is fatty meant to know if the guys boss was unaware of it, and the "sorry for your loss but were still gonna f@#$ you around "is bit much

and if theyre gonna sue fatty they should sue everyone who was watching because we all thought he was drunk

Loudstrat

Coach
Common sense would also tell you that one of the largest hotels in Brisbane wouldn't put a disabled man on the door on state of origin night ...

Why not? If he's capable of doing his job he should be employed!

Such legal action is a shameful reflection on society. Having said that, Fatty should have known better than to say publicly that the bloke was drunk. To assume that C9 is ignorant of defamation laws is stupid.

Timing is the real tragedy. And the victim is compassion and humanity.

Patorick

Staff member
Vautin released a statement requesting privacy for himself and his family. "At 12.30am this morning my loving brother Geoffrey passed away after a short illness," the statement said. "Geoffrey was aged 57 and will be sadly missed but always remembered. I'm too upset and am grieving with my family to make further comment. I would appreciate that you allow my family our private time."

So much for that.

Chook Norris

First Grade
jeez i can't believe there going on with this

money....

Vautin must be severely depressed

*boom* if they get the 100k, or so, the bloke won't have to work and will be on a holiday

Last edited:

Latest posts