What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bouncer's family will still sue Fatty Vautin despite brother's death

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ambulance chasing scummy lawyers and grubby families looking for a free feed at the pig trough, a match made in heaven. Of all people Fatty would be the last to ridicule a guy with a disability! Give him a break you f%^&wits!

pcpp

Juniors
F*cking greedy...

They should ask for a reasonable donation from both Vautin and C9 to an Epilepsy charity.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
if they were genuinely upset and werent chasing dollars what they would have been doing is using this event to highlight people with disabilities in the workforce and encouraging employers and the public to support those with disabilities who try and be part of the working public.

all they're doing at the moment is shwoing how greedy they are and reinforcing the victim mentality which is thrust upon disabled people

Front-Rower

First Grade
You have got to be kidding right ? for your sake i will only respond to the first bolded point.

Where was there an accusation ?

Well its pretty clear when the bloke in question makes out that the guy was drunk on the job....

Punching someone does not cause any eplieptic fit. Flashing lights etc cause epeliptic fits, which is exactly what happened to Lewis.

I'm not sure if suing is the way to go, especially after the apology but I doubt you or anyone else on this forum would like to be made a fool of on TV.

Knight87

Juniors
if they were genuinely upset and werent chasing dollars what they would have been doing is using this event to highlight people with disabilities in the workforce and encouraging employers and the public to support those with disabilities who try and be part of the working public.

all they're doing at the moment is shwoing how greedy they are and reinforcing the victim mentality which is thrust upon disabled people

:clap::clap::clap:

I was going to say something further (adding onto this point), but I don't think I'm allowed to say it without enduring a lot of controversy from certain ppl on this forum (all of this, thanks to political correctness):(

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Next minute, we're going to be hearing something in Confidential along the lines of, "Carl Webb was spotted through the window of his own house, laying a 9 inch bog in the troff". ROFL! Like, I mean, "SO WHAT!!!!"

:lol:

But you're 100 percent spot on with what you say. I would not be surprised if the current gutter journalism we are currently getting rots even further to stuff like the above.

There's very few journo's these days who are actually passionate league fans.

Brutus

Referee
i didnt know who either of them were but i gathered she was a rebecca wilson type figure. i had a new found respect for that guy (i dont know his name lol) that day. one of the best bits of television ive seen.

The difference between this Caroline Wilson woman and Chewbecca is that Caroline does actually love the game of fumbleball and is very protective of it if somebody has the hide to bag it in favour of rival codes.

Whereas Chewbecca, hates RL and jumps on the AFL or union bandwagon whenever she sees fit. She's actually a Swans ambassador, so she can no way be classified as a league person.

Danish

Referee
Sorry if I missed it somewhere else in the thread, but has anyone actually looked up Benign epilepsy??

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/epilepsy_benignrolandic

This syndrome represents about 15% of all epilepsies in children. The seizures begin at an average age of about 6 to 8 years (range 3-13) and are a bit more likely to affect boys. The children generally have normal intelligence, which is not affected by the seizures. The syndrome is more common in children who have close relatives with epilepsy.

-----------------

In almost every case, the seizures stop on their own by age 15.

Its an extremely mild condition and in most cases doctors dont even prescribe medication to treat it. It is also not linked in any way to any sort of intellectual handicap.

So unless this bloke has another form of mental illness that they are not making us aware of this bloke's actions were actually just that of either a drunk or an idiot.

christopher

Juniors
Defamation is quite clear..

You can not lower anothers reuputation to one or more persons, unless it is an obvious joke of which the average person would understand and not take as truthfull.

I watched it and thought after Fatty said he was drunk that he probbaly was or just camera shy. The average person, as witnessed by the resposces here, probbaly also thought he was drunk.

truth is a defence against defamation but that is not applicable here. Also you can call a murderer anything you like because their repuation is already poor, so saying they cheated on their wife would do no harm.

Lowering ones reuptation can be done a number of ways. Saying that someone is drinking on the job is clear example of that.

You cant view someone looking at a bill henson portrait and call them a peadopfile.

They have a clear case against The Footy Show.

but...

i doubt they will win much money.

the family has contributed to most of the publicity and it was obvious Fatty was making a joke, albeit one in poor taste.

An apology does not guard against defamation but usually helps lower the cost of any damages.

The family's lawyers have obviously told them about the strength of the case. i bet it was actually random lawyers who called them and informed them about the money they could make.

The family should have never commented to the press. they would have got more money. but now their son's defamation is being stirred up by them.

and yes they shoudl drop the law suit. but they wont and the footy show will settle with them.

Last edited:

Knight87

Juniors
Defamation is quite clear..

You can not lower anothers reuputation to one or more persons, unless it is an obvious joke of which the average person would understand and not take as truthfull.

I watched it and thought after Fatty said he was drunk that he probbaly was or just camera shy. The average person, as witnessed by the resposces here, probbaly also thought he was drunk.

truth is a defence against defamation but that is not applicable here. Also you can call a murderer anything you like because their repuation is already poor, so saying they cheated on their wife would do no harm.

Lowering ones reuptation can be done a number of ways. Saying that someone is drinking on the job is clear example of that.

You cant view someone looking at a bill henson portrait and call them a peadopfile.

They have a clear case against The Footy Show.

but...

i doubt they will win much money.

the family has contributed to most of the publicity and it was obvious Fatty was making a joke, albeit one in poor taste.

An apology does not guard against defamation but usually helps lower the cost of any damages.

The family's lawyers have obviously told them about the strength of the case. i bet it was actually random lawyers who called them and informed them about the money they could make.

The family should have never commented to the press. they would have got more money. but now their son's defamation is being stirred up by them.

and yes they shoudl drop the law suit. but they wont and the footy show will settle with them.

I won't be surprised if the family has received some money from the Telegraph in exchange for doing these interview (aka chequebook journalism), but if the family in any way manage to obtain any monetary amount from either Ch9 or Fatty as a result of this, this is an absolute farce. 10 yrs ago, this case would've been thrown out of court immediately (if it went to trial) without fail.

We all know that there is no ethical grounds for pursuing with this case in the first case. I understand what you are trying to say Christopher, but I still can't see how you deduce all of this consituting to defamation. Are you trying to tell me that next time I'm at a party (although I don't drink) and I see someone acting and speaking like a drunkard, and I say they might be tipsy, they have the right to take legal action against me (if I didn't know they had any sort of disability which contributed to their behaviour)? I just don't buy into that.

What is infinitely many more times legitimate and newsworthy are those ppl who have been left thousands and thousands of dollars out of pocket (and in some cases, may lose their house as they struggle to pay off their mortgage) as a result of Tim Johnston (the owner of Firepower). Some of you may know him as the former owner of the Sydney Kings, and his company use to sponsor the club, as well as Western Force and South Sydney. As a result of his negligence which led to the dissolution of the Kings from the NBL, it appears as though he's done a Christopher Skase but buzzing off to his multi-million dollar mansions around the world. All of those ppl who have been shrewdly ripped off by this thick-necked git of a person are more than entitled to compensation. The biggest of them would be Matt Gitteau (from the Waratahs). I too, would be very annoyed if I was legitimately entitled to $500,000 in sponsorship money, and wasn't paid a cent of it.

Last edited: