What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxed in, on street parking.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Are you really a forkie if you haven't done something stupid on them?

I worked in a scaff yard for a year or so... learned all the advanced forklift skills they don’t teach you when you get your ticket. Using a forklift as an EWP, using it as a crane, exceeding the weight limit by using a fat bloke as an extra counterweight....

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I worked in a scaff yard for a year or so... learned all the advanced forklift skills they don’t teach you when you get your ticket. Using a forklift as an EWP, using it as a crane, exceeding the weight limit by using a fat bloke as an extra counterweight....
Did the fat bloke get extra under the award for acting in multiple roles?

The Rosco

Bench
Had this A-hole park in front of my unit block driveway last year. He had enough space to park on the road close to the nearest car to the driveway, but only protrude 1/2 a metre into the driveway, But Oh no . . . he couldn't be fkked reversing so just left his car totally blocking the 8 tenants' cars in. Saturday morning . . . shopping, kids sport, the whole shebang. I called the cops and they said they can try and contact him by phone, if that don't work they can write him a ticket. They called him at 9.35am . . . he apparently was visiting friends up the road . . . he finally moved it at 1.30. I called the cops 5 times to tell them the arrogant arsehole still hadn't moved it, but it seemed once they had contacted him, he had all day to move it.
I simply hate inconsiderate pigs. And when talking about parking and Sydney . . . that seems to be a recurring theme.

avocado

Juniors
Buy a Smart. This is common on the streets of Paris.

smart-parking1.jpg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Had this A-hole park in front of my unit block driveway last year. He had enough space to park on the road close to the nearest car to the driveway, but only protrude 1/2 a metre into the driveway, But Oh no . . . he couldn't be fkked reversing so just left his car totally blocking the 8 tenants' cars in. Saturday morning . . . shopping, kids sport, the whole shebang. I called the cops and they said they can try and contact him by phone, if that don't work they can write him a ticket. They called him at 9.35am . . . he apparently was visiting friends up the road . . . he finally moved it at 1.30. I called the cops 5 times to tell them the arrogant arsehole still hadn't moved it, but it seemed once they had contacted him, he had all day to move it.
I simply hate inconsiderate pigs. And when talking about parking and Sydney . . . that seems to be a recurring theme.

Same thing here, coming home from a football game last year, went to turn into our driveway and there is a car parked there with no one in site, thought it may have been a food delivery driver so waited for a few minutes but no one turned up, ended up getting a parking spot across the road but that is not the point, couldn't access my parking spot inside the unit block and no one else could get out if they wanted to, waited for about 40 minutes for the pr*cks to return, had my phone and was ringing Newtown police just as they were approaching, they couldn't see what the problem was, reckon they had only parked there for 10 mins, it was a lot longer, it was 40 mins which I observed and could have been longer for all I know, told them what f*ckwits they were and that Newtown police were on their way if they wanted to stand there and argue their point. I thought about smearing stuff on their windscreen or breaking off their wind shield wipers but thought I would be only stooping as low as them if I did it, they did cop and earful of expletives though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Parking in my street is real cluster f*ck, lucky I do have off street parking. Noticed a bit over the last few years people parking their cars and leaving them for weeks on time because of the no parking restrictions and being fairly close to the airport. Also 3 of my close by neighbours have at least 3-4 cars each and at various times all are parked out on the street, one has 2 cars he always seems to constantly working on so they never move and now of course with all the west connex works ramping up, a lot of their workers are parking their cars in the street also, funny how some of them cant wait to get home to change their clothes, they strip off and change on the street.

captain kaos

Juniors
So is this...

Love to team up with the driver in front (or behind) the middle car. Front car slowly reverses into the Smart and the rear car pushes forward until the midlde car is concettinaed. See who the smart one is now.

Yes I do have a sadistic streak. It started with plucking wings off house flies.

The Rosco

Bench
Parking in my street is real cluster f*ck, lucky I do have off street parking. Noticed a bit over the last few years people parking their cars and leaving them for weeks on time because of the no parking restrictions and being fairly close to the airport. Also 3 of my close by neighbours have at least 3-4 cars each and at various times all are parked out on the street, one has 2 cars he always seems to constantly working on so they never move and now of course with all the west connex works ramping up, a lot of their workers are parking their cars in the street also, funny how some of them cant wait to get home to change their clothes, they strip off and change on the street.
I hear ya, Horrie.
We have this new lot of people move in to our quiet suburban street. Every existing resident pretty much respects the fact that you like to park in front of your house, or in your regular spot.
Anyway, this lot moves in. When they are not bulk buying baby formula to ship overseas, they have around 7 adult boarders living there. Don't know what these merkins do for a living, but they like to park wherever the fkk they like, and leave their car in that spot for up to a week or two.
I've thought about smearing, bending, scratching, prawn heading, brake fluiding, even puncturing.
A centre punch is apparently a very handy tool for determining if a glass panel is automotive safety glass, or just plain glass.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Got home from night shift at 6:15am yesterday and found somebody parked in my parking space, major aggravation when dog tired and just want to sleep. I think my neighbors are getting home in the evening, seeing my space empty and assuming it’s fair game, reckon I’m going to need to get a traffic cone from somewhere and write a sign on it informing people it’s my space and I expect it to be free when I get home from work.

Incorrect

Coach
Got home from night shift at 6:15am yesterday and found somebody parked in my parking space, major aggravation when dog tired and just want to sleep. I think my neighbors are getting home in the evening, seeing my space empty and assuming it’s fair game, reckon I’m going to need to get a traffic cone from somewhere and write a sign on it informing people it’s my space and I expect it to be free when I get home from work.
Paint a picture of a wheelchair on it.... See if they still park there....