What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boycott Channel 9

juneauquan

Juniors
After that 60 Minutes AFL propaganda piece of fluff, I have decided to boycott all Channel 9 programs, except for Rugby League games.

This is in protest to the following:

1. The lack of Rugby League promotion on Ch 9 throughout the country
2. The lack of Rugby League promotion in Victoria/SA/WA on Channel 9
3. The continual promotion of AFL on Channel 9, including an obvious paid advertisement on 60 Minutes.

I am sure there are more reasons but I have to go run to vent my frustration and anger ...

Feel free to add further reasons.

jack coburn

Juniors
ive already emailed them and said that until they show the same loyalty to league as league has shown them i will not be watching,also let them no that league has helped 9 become what it was and that the blantant biasness towards afl will no longer be tolerated by me.

Ari Gold

Bench
Make sure you tell them you're boycotting, i did, and if a few of us on this forum do likewise the message may get through.

gaterooze

Bench
I haven't watched 9 (or any commercial TV station) in over 5 years. I only watch the repeats on Foxtel (which means avoiding the scores until it's on!).

HevyDevy

Coach
I'm sorry but it's important that I watch Gordon Ramsey on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Oh, and I don't mind CSI either ...

Father Jack

Juniors
Come on, how did the story misrepresent the situation? It was a RL feller going on about the AFL in western Sydney, and the son of a former League legend does actually play for the Swans. And most people don't take Billy Brownless too seriously anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that either. If it helps people in Sydney mobilise and get out to some games then it is a good thing. It might help if you played games in suitable stadiums as well.

Nerd

Bench
I agree with Father Jack. If it alerts a few sydney folk to the threat from AFL and they get down to a few games all the better. I hope the AFL does buy the white elephant olympic stadium. What a waste of money! To get any money back on their investment they would have to beg league teams to play there. We would then also have a good excuse to play the GF in alternate venues.

JTB

Juniors
LOL at Mark Geyer on 60 Minutes

Mark Geyer said:
The AFL at the moment are like a large octopus with their tentacles everywhere. The NRL are like a little goldfish trying to swim against the tide. I think we've got to turn into a shark and start devouring this octopus.

This guy is a dope

lotti

Bench
his brother's pretty good though but I'm biased. Talk of a 9 boycott on here is all well and good but non members will probably still watch 9.

jack coburn

Juniors
then find out the major sponsors and start telling them of the impending decision to boycott them,alternatively start telling sponsors who are supporting league you only use them because of that support for league.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I'm sorry, didn't they give gallop equal air time ? I seem to remember then putting the story from every angle.

What upset you ? The bit on kieron jack and co playing AFL ? The bit about the AFL wanting to expand into western sydney and the gold coast being reported ? The bit were gallop said that league is strong now and will be in a hundred years ? The bit were the kiddies in melbourne said they support the storm or the bit were they showed kiddies in sydney playing AFL ? Was it billy brownless (everyone in AFL land thinks he is a wanker too) ?

What was so horrible that you swore a blood oath never to watch nine again ?

Brutus

Referee
Where was the former RL player sitting at a Swans game telling how farked the fumbling tripe looks? I didn't see that.

gregstar

Referee
the standard of television in this country is so far beyond appalling, that it would be punishment to watch anything other than sport on any channel.

they can all sniff my biffen as far as any of their programming is concerned.

i'd rather a 23hour & 59 minute online debate with lottie & chemicaljizzbilly regarding the merrits of pushing cuttlery into gpo's than watch just about anything on television.

Latest posts