What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

boycott Manly home games

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Waitakere Warrior Fan said:
Assuming that Manly supporters aren't given the $8 deal at other clubs home games due to the stance of their club then I'd have thought the actual Manly supporters are getting the worst deal here. Another supporter just misses out on the cheaper tickets at the Manly game, whereas Manly supporters miss out on cheap tickets potentially at all other home games.
I'm a bit surprised that all of the Manly fans are so keen to support a policy that seemingly would hurt them more than anyone... *shrugs*
I don't support it. I think it's quite stupid actually

effnic

Bench
Marshall you wouldnt perhaps be an upset roosters fan im sorry to tell you whinging like a little bitch wont get your 2 comp points back.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I would be filthy with my club if they shunned the gentleman's agreement with the NRL on discounted tickets for other season ticket holders and then resulted in me not being able to get the discount at other grounds.

Do we know for sure that other clubs will not honour the Manly fans at their grounds? In all fairness this should happen.

The $8.00 discount at other grounds plays a big part in my decision to buy a season ticket. I don't live locally to Sydney and don't always get to Penrith home games so it's all included in my Seasons savings.

Shame Manly, shame.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I read something the other day that said the NRL had told Manly they have to comply from now on.

The Roosters are the only club to my knowledge that have said they will not honour the $8 deal for Manly fans as their fans were not allowed in for $8. Which is fair enough in my opinion.

Perhaps someone can get the facts before this dribble goes onto another page.

chunk

Juniors
stoodamire said:
It's amazing at the tightass's we have..

It is amazing that Manly are such tightass'

Orford must have cost more than we thought....they should be ashamed of themselves.

Fluffy

Juniors
another advantage is the beer queues are shorter.

im not sure what counts as a season ticket as part of my membership i have GA entry for the season - it comes in two, six game flexi passes. Maybe other clubs are not allowing this as a season ticket - hence Manly's stance.

Still dont agree with it

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
Beaches Boy said:
:lol: We don't mind any loss in the gate, can more than be saved with the huge decrease in security we will need when we have visiting fans from western sydney(Australia's crime capital).:roll: :lol:

Without opposition supporters turning up to your home games, your crowd averages would be worst than what they are now and the atmosphere would be farged. Imagine a game full of only moanly supporters, raa raaa, sniff sniff.

:lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
The Colonel said:
As Manly don't offer the $8 deal to away teams, Manly season ticket holders , as far as I am aware, aren't afforded the same privilege.

If that is true then that is fair.
It is pretty crappy though.. oh well, Parra don't have to go there this year so :D :D

Garts

Bench
Us Manly fans should not be given $8 tickets at any other teams home games, does not bother me. If Manly wont honour it other clubs should treat us the same.

It is purely a business decision from the club and I can unuderstand it, probably cost the club around $30k per season to have the $8 deal. The season ticket holders from other clubs are generally the diehards so I guess they figure they will more than likely turn up to watch their team play even if it is going to cost them $22. League is a business nowdays and most clubs do not turn a profit so they need to increase revenue some how, not look at ways to decrease it.

hrundi99

First Grade
stoodamire said:
It's amazing at the tightass's we have..

On the contrary, ALL clubs should be encouraging league consumers to purchase season tickets, and the $8 deal is a feature of the offering.

Manly's snubbing of it is pure money-grubbing.