What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd Cordner Retires

Yosh

Coach
Didn't know where to post but with Cordner retiring, can we get someone like him back at the club in some form? He is a Newy boy right? The exact sort of character we need the boys to learn from.

TooheysNew

Coach
Didn't know where to post but with Cordner retiring, can we get someone like him back at the club in some form? He is a Newy boy right? The exact sort of character we need the boys to learn from.
What have we done for him? Why would he choose to be involved with us over the club he spent the last 15 years of his life at?

aqua_duck

Coach
What have we done for him? Why would he choose to be involved with us over the club he spent the last 15 years of his life at?
Exactly and you add in the incident from a few years back with his brother and J Saf

Shame to see him go.
I reckon he would have been good for the club but choices were made and his loyalty is elsewhere.
I can see him going to a Coach or consultant job but not with us.

Burwood

Bench
Is he the modern day Steve Simpson? Well rated by experts and club fans, but everyone else seemed to never rate him.

Old dog

Juniors
Good player but not quite great, sad when one has to retire early due to injury but it is best for him

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Boyd Cordner has been an excellent servant of the game. He’s always represented his club, state and the game of rugby league with respect and integrity. Definitely one of the toughest players of his era, just got his job done every week without any fuss or bullshit.

Obviously it’s a shame that we didn’t keep him in our system but given the career he’s had and what he’s achieved you’d have to say he made the right choice.

It’s quite sad to see that he’s finishing up but he at least gets to go out having achieved just about everything there is to achieve in the game. Good on him!

aqua_duck

Coach
Is he the modern day Steve Simpson? Well rated by experts and club fans, but everyone else seemed to never rate him.
To be fair a large chunk of the people who didn't rate him were just the anti roosters brigade who probably think Reece Walsh is better than Tedesco. That being sad I think he retired at the right time as aside from the concussions I felt the faster game was really starting to move past him. The new rules really favour backrowers with some footwork or ball playing ability rather than the guys who just run crash lines like Cordner and Fitz