What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd out 3 weeks

God-King Dean

Immortal
Let the 2011 fullback trials begin......

Is this the first time Boyd will miss a game for the Dragons (aside from rep games)?

blacksafake

First Grade
Not good news,lets hope it's only three week's,but it will give us an indication of the future without him should he decide to leave.I wonder if Wayne will entertain the idea of using Kyle Stanley.He can play a similar role to Darius as an extra ball player.I'm reluctant to move Nighty as he is such a superb finisher & ever reliable as shown by his game today.

Spot On

Coach
Well, being linked to Newcastle now means he will be injured in some way for the rest of the season. The curse continues......

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well, being linked to Newcastle now means he will be injured in some way for the rest of the season. The curse continues......

Now.. Are we talking proper injuries, or those mysterious andrew johns style 'injuries'?

TheRev

First Grade
Yeah its bad news, he will likely miss the Test side now, but still play 3 for QLD, so lets just hope the injury isnt an ongoing niggly one.

The Nick

Bench
This is great news!

Trust me, it's a blessing in disguise. Boyd's played a lot of footy the last few years and this will give him the opportunity to freshen up before origin.

Plus it gives us a rare chance to test our depth at a time when we're sitting in relatively comfortable position on the ladder. Blooding some youngsters at this stage of the season will put us in great stead at the backend of the season should injuries or suspensions occur.

I'm excited to see how Tagive handles his opportunity!

Bring back choc

Juniors
Nightingale will fill in, but next year (if Boyd goes) I think Stanley will get te gig. Or possibly someone a new recruit. Not sure where tagive will find his opportunity in first grade outside of injury.
Wouldn't be surprised if he gets poached.

Latest posts