What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Drew

Rutcho was a legend (not a Ruben Wiki type legend, but a legend nonetheless). He always put in 100% every game. I remember him making so many try-saving tackles it's not funny, including a huge effort on Gasnier last year. With the ball though he had the dropsies on occassion and he wasn't the biggest forward, but he was solid and tried his best.

Kris_man

Bench
1) I know Alan Tongue's a champion bloke, but as a player he's got nothing. There's no reason to believe that he does any more work than anyone else. And even if he did, I wouldn't care, cos he does nothing with the ball in his hands.
2) Rothery is a long, long way from the very high standard of Luke Davico. I'm not saying he hasn't got talent, I'm just saying that I'm yet to see any. And being a rookie is no excuse, look at Hunt, Sonny Bill, Tupou, etc - now they are what I call dynamic.
3) Evans, before his injury, played the last game of 2001 and the first few games of 2002. During this period, early 2002, we were easybeats, and pretty much got smashed every week. Evans scored one try in his 8 games - nothing to write home about.
4) I don't know how anyone can defend Rutgerson. Totally slow and lethargic.

Kris_man

Bench
- Hunt, Sonny Bill, Tupou. Let me add another name to that list: Weyman. Now compare Rutgerson to Weyman. I don't think there is a comparison.
- I'm not completely negative, I think there's some great Raiders players. Unforutnately, most of them have either been given to another club or are in Elliott's bad books. To name names: Lolesi, Payten, Withers, Phil Graham. Some are still with us: Weyman, McLinden, Davico, M Hodgson, Schifcofske, Mogg.

Kris_man

Bench
I Bleed Green said:
I remember him making so many try-saving tackles it's not funny, including a huge effort on Gasnier last year.
- But you know what is funny? The amount of tries that Rutgerson let in, usually due to his slowness. And that tackle on Gasnier last year was immensely overrated. Tongue, Rutgerson, Evans, Rothery - imagine all of them in the same team. Dear oh dear...It would really show the uselessness of "workhorses".

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kris is there anyone in the team you wont bad mouth?

Rutcho ran down gas so he cant be too slow :roll:
Withers isnt anything to write home about, average at best, Lolesi is a gun, why he was let to leave is beyond me. Payten is f**king rubbish, hence the roosters wernt keen either

as for graham, im still yet to see how he is in elliots bad books

Evil Homer

Staff member
Evans is looking quite sharp now actually,very quick and good sidestep.On Fox tomorrow I think they will be showing Warrington v Huddersfield,it is an averge match but he does a beauty of a pass to set up a try...

kris_man said:
I Bleed Green said:
I remember him making so many try-saving tackles it's not funny, including a huge effort on Gasnier last year.
- But you know what is funny? The amount of tries that Rutgerson let in, usually due to his slowness. And that tackle on Gasnier last year was immensely overrated. Tongue, Rutgerson, Evans, Rothery - imagine all of them in the same team. Dear oh dear...It would really show the uselessness of "workhorses".

So you were watching the same Raiders team as the rest of us? I have a feeling you were watching the Cobargo Raiders, not the the Canberra version. Rucho was a good player. Nothing outstanding, but he was a solid forward.

And you bag Tongue? After reading that, I would guess you have as much credibility as that 'great' rugby league man Artie Beetson. Just speaking crap to sell a book. When is your book due out? :roll: :roll:

chopper

Juniors
Alan Tongue was said to be one of the fittest players in the raiders side i actually dont mind him he is an 80 minute player and at the moment there arnt to many forwards in our side that can do that at the moment.

thickos

First Grade
Evil Homer said:
Evans is looking quite sharp now actually,very quick and good sidestep.On Fox tomorrow I think they will be showing Warrington v Huddersfield,it is an averge match but he does a beauty of a pass to set up a try...

I'm not surprised Evil Homer. James Evans is a very decent player. You gotta remember he was our first choice centre for the first 8 weeks this season. While that worried me a little as he was a good (but not great) player, he didn't offer us enough strikepower. Good player but not in the league of the top centres in the NRL.

Personally I think the ESL will suit him very well. Defence is not as in your face, more room to move on the flanks. Considering he played a bit of #6 in the 2003 PL team, his creativity with the ball in his hands will see him as a useful utility for you guys. Plus he hits hard - could be a good lock.

And to boot, he is a super guy, really nice and friendly. I hope he has a good career over there.

And he's MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES ahead of Boogers :evil:

Kris_man

Bench
Rucho was a good player. Nothing outstanding, but he was a solid forward.
- Players are called "solid" when they've got nothing that stands out about their game. It's an excuse for being crap. Similar adjectives are "consistent", "hardworking"...
- If Phil Graham wasn't in Elliott's bad books, then he wouldn't have spent the 2nd half of last year, and the first half of this year, playing reserve grade. Maybe Elliott is just blind to real talent, I don't know. And he wasn't out of form, that's a stupid myth. And funny, even though Robbo was out of form, he manged to stay in the team.
Kris is there anyone in the team you wont bad mouth?
- I would "bad mouth" anyone who plays crap, except I wouldn't call it that, because I'm not being personal. I'm only critiscising their on-field performances, and I've got no time for any professional who is not open to criticism.
- Everyone's talking about "that tackle" on Gasnier last year. It wasn't even that good. The reason you all love it is: a) Fatty's comments, b) confirmation bias, and c) the snowball effect.
kris, how you can call yourself a Raiders supporter is beyond me!!
- That's easy. I love the Raiders, therefore I'm a Raiders supporter, in fact, a mad Raiders supporter.
- kris how dare you compare jimmy to booger you goose
- Don't call me a goose.
- Does anyone bother to notice that I've given reasons as to why I don't rate these players? No-one has argued those reasons directly, instead most have resorted to personal attacks on me.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rutcho was a hardworking, honest toiler, he was never going to make a rep team but that dosnt mean that he was shit, he was always putting in 100%, making plenty of metres and tackles, he missed a few but some of his efforts re: the gasnier one, more than make up

Evens was a strong defender, had a killer step and before his injury had a clean pair of heels, injured restricted his development, but he was still a fine back up player to have

Graham last year while we were still running around was down on confidence, he is a great attacking weapon when he backs himself, last year he wasnt backing himself, he was a passanger and then his defencive game was too much of a liability, previously he made up for a few miss tackles through his great attacking play, this is one issue i think elliot got right... replacing him with boogs... well the less said about that the better

I have no doubt you are a very passionate fan but you really take the "negative" thing a tad too far IMO, you are bad mouthing blokes who dont deserve it