What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Fittler not at Captians Photo ?

Foz

Bench
innsaneink said:
Foz said:
Thunderstruck said:
did they ask about him not appearing at the photo shoot?

Yeh they did.
Fatty started with saying we have to ask you (about the non appearance at the Captains meeting).
Fittler mumbled something about him and Ricky assessing things after the game on Sunday (as Ricky does with all his players) and it was decided to give him a couple of days off.
After trying to appear to be tough at the outset there was no follow up from any of the panel with a question about him being in a pool up the road.
Fittler was using his left footed sidestep but he didnt come across as being too successful at giving an excuse.

Didnt he also mention that he has missed this photo opportunity in the past and that other captains have missed it?

I knew fittler had missed it previously......Id be curious to know which other captains have.

Yep he did. He may have mentioned something about it being a grudge against the Roosters or similar as well.
I cant recall exactly as I had tears streaming down my face from feeling sorry for him. Poor Brad. Poor Roosters.
Gee everyone picks on them unfairly. Boo hoo.

Tommy Smith

Referee
All people who are making an issue of this can go and get f**ked! If it was ANY OTHER captain who missed it NOTHING would be said. You know its true. Deep down you do.

hrundi99

First Grade
Rubbish.

You guys are so sensitive and can't see when the Roosters just MIGHT do something wrong.

80% of the reason there is so much anti-Roosters crap on here is because of people like you who can't see the wood for the trees and over-react to everything.

Kearney and Norton were the only ones who had a legitimate excuse not to be there. End of story.

princessjen

Juniors
he has no excuse if he was all of 100 m away at the pool or whatever. oh whoops sorry, he was "mentally tired"

rossy

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
rossy said:
The Roosters have had to do it every year for years.

NQ and the Raiders are excited because it's a new experience for them.

The Raiders have been in the finals 16 of the last 19 years.

The Roosters have been in the finals 10 of the last 19 years.

Get your hand off it Rooster boy.

And the News Ltd captain's photo call has been a recent initiative. Would anyone have noticed if Woolford didn't front? How many times have the Raiders been in the semis since '97?

rossy

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
rossy said:
The Roosters have had to do it every year for years.

NQ and the Raiders are excited because it's a new experience for them.

The Raiders have been in the finals 16 of the last 19 years.

The Roosters have been in the finals 10 of the last 19 years.

Get your hand off it Rooster boy.

Actually, the Roosters have been in the semis 10 times in the last 10 years.

greeneyed

First Grade
The absolutely incredible thing is that the Roosters are actually feeling persecuted because people are criticising them for behaving as if they are above the welfare of the game.

Fittler AND the Roosters showed contempt for the NRL and the sport of rugby league when they did what they did on this. What a disgrace Easts are to the league.

rossy

Juniors
Last season that Newcastle's Ben Kennedy stood in for an injured and unavailable Andrew Johns for the captains' photo, as did Robbie Kearns for Stephen Kearney from the Storm. In 2002, Simon Woolford stood in for his Raiders skipper Jason Croker.

Comments please? Especially from the Raiders fans regarding Woolford standing in for Croker.

Corbin

Juniors
yeh well reffering to "rossy" the roosters have been in the grandfinal in the last 3/4 years and about to make it 4/5!!!! ;-)

rossy

Juniors
All of them? I don't think so.

But you are saying it is ok to miss the photo call if you have an excuse.

Don't let me get in the way of your Rooster bashing...

You've been following the sport for 5 minutes and think your opinion counts. What's your position on switching the semi to Townsville?

Latest posts