What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brad fittler on NRL player exodus overseas.

http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51909

amongst other things he says hes disappointed the game cant offer the same wages as foreign clubs.

whilst not much can be done about tax, the nrl most certainly can affect the revenues into the game.

with gasnier about to leave for union to join gower and rooney, the cost of poor TV deals is a continual loss of our players.

clubs are financially stretched and players not rewarded enough despite delivering the biggest TV ratings of any sport in australia.

RL doesnt need to be in this situation. it rates the hell out of everything else, it should get paid more than anyone else.

clubs, fans and players are all being shortchanged by the failure of the games bosses to look after it properly.

Adsy

Juniors
I have a great idea for the NRL to make money.

Put David Gallop on one of those seats hanging above a pool of water with a target next to him that you throw balls at. If someone hits the target with a ball it drops him into the pool of water. I'd pay top dollar for that sh*t!

tiger_nick

Bench
RL doesnt need to be in this situation. it rates the hell out of everything else, it should get paid more than anyone else.

geez im sick of these stupid statements, didnt you hear david gallop? afl games go for 20% longer and they teams in perth and adelaide. its definately worth $70million a year more

humpy

Juniors
This article is why Freddy is treated like a GOD by us rooster supporters.

He has always told it like it is, and has a true love for the game. The game has been incredibly good to him (Super league war), but he has always given his heart for the Roosters (& the panthers before we were lucky enough to bring him into the fold), NSW & Australia.

He reminds me of a modern day Tommy Raudonikis (who thankfully speaks better). He has set himself up for life and could be doing anything, but WANTS to still be involved in the game, and I think it is this love of the game that is rubbing off on the Roosters and in particular Braith who is in outstanding form for us this year.

geez im sick of these stupid statements, didnt you hear david gallop? afl games go for 20% longer and they teams in perth and adelaide. its definately worth $70million a year more

gallop is wrong, thats the problem.

RL has around 40 million more TV viewers every year than AFL.

RL generates more advetising dollars for its broadcasters than AFL as well.

gallop justified the AFLs TV deal partly on their crowds. do you subscribe to this nonsense

This article is why Freddy is treated like a GOD by us rooster supporters.

He has always told it like it is, and has a true love for the game. The game has been incredibly good to him (Super league war), but he has always given his heart for the Roosters (& the panthers before we were lucky enough to bring him into the fold), NSW & Australia.

He reminds me of a modern day Tommy Raudonikis (who thankfully speaks better). He has set himself up for life and could be doing anything, but WANTS to still be involved in the game, and I think it is this love of the game that is rubbing off on the Roosters and in particular Braith who is in outstanding form for us this year.

hes shocked me as a coach tbh, thought hed be a major dud.

and some of his comments on the footy show tonight were very insightfull.

Perth Red

Post Whore
99% of businesses largest expense is salaries with most coming in it around the 70% of expenditure mark. How NRL clubs can spend less than 40% of their incomes on players salaries and still not make ends meet is beyond me. SL clubs spend approx 50% of their incomes on player salaries. Can clubs really not afford bigger player salary caps?

MuleEel

Juniors
Fittler has no personality. Tommy Raudonikas has heaps of personality. The two should not be compared. Fittler is angling towards the tired old Roosters whinge about the salary cap. It is a huge issue to the Roosters because they have a wealthy benifactor and no juniors. They enjoy the open market.
Having no personality is a cultural thing in rugby league. And I blame the superstars of the past 15 years for that. Guys like Johns, Fittler and Lockyer need some life pumped into them. The juniors that come through all what to be as docile as these three guys.

The Survivor

Juniors
Fittler is angling towards the tired old Roosters whinge about the salary cap. It is a huge issue to the Roosters because they have a wealthy benifactor and no juniors.

As opposed to Parra who have a huge nursery yet still spend millions on imports.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
dally,

i dont really care about the NRL players leaving to go to Super League..

you know why?

a) it helps lift the standard of their comp
b) the standard of our comp gets better every year

Latest posts