What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith fits in Roosters cap???

Vicious

Bench
People, do your sums of what you`d estimate each player on both the Roosters and Bulldogs `2006 roster would be worth and tell me how the Roosters could fit Braith under the cap, but the Bulldogs can`t???
Estimate that Braith will be on a minimum of $400,000.
I`ve never been a huge fan of the Bulldogs as a club, but how low are both the Roosters and Sea Eagles???

rugged

Juniors
Vicious said:
People, do your sums of what you`d estimate each player on both the Roosters and Bulldogs `2006 roster would be worth and tell me how the Roosters could fit Braith under the cap, but the Bulldogs can`t???
Estimate that Braith will be on a minimum of $400,000.
I`ve never been a huge fan of the Bulldogs as a club, but how low are both the Roosters and Sea Eagles???

Maybe he took a pay cut on the proviso little Ricky gets him into the Origin every time.

aussies1st

Staff member
I never figure out how the heck those roosters have so much money. They brought Amos Roberts and Joel Monaghan last year, Amos im sure would have cost a fortune. Now they have Harrison and soon Anasta. That would be a million dollars with those players alone. Guys like Wing and Minichiello must be taking pay cuts or something.

Tommy Smith

Referee
We have lost Ricketson, Cayless, Crocker, Firman, Walker & Webb so far for next season.

That's alot of cap space freed up. Enough for Harrison and Anasta.

And i wouldn't even bother wasting your time trying to estimate what each player is on.

RainMan

Juniors
Why are these 2 Clubs low?? How dare they go after players off contract??

Thats just not football...

Zeb

Juniors
They've lost alot of players as Tommy said, so I don't know what the f**k you're going on about. Bulldogs can't keep him because of Sonny Bill and Mason taking up almost a million dollars between the two of them

Kiwi

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
We have lost Ricketson, Cayless, Crocker, Firman, Walker & Webb so far for next season.

That's alot of cap space freed up. Enough for Harrison and Anasta.

And i wouldn't even bother wasting your time trying to estimate what each player is on.

I think the Roosters wouldn't be going over the cap if they signed Anasta AND Harrison.

However don't try to make out that most of those guys were on big money.

Webb has played how many games for the Roosters? Did the Roosters pay over what they should have for the very injury prone Firman? Ricketson was an after thought of a re-signing last year after fans kicked up a stink. Walker :rolleyes: yeah they're gonna be paying him alot of money to play premier league. Cayless and Crocker would be the only two on that list paid anything near decent.

Alone Cayless and Crocker wouldn't come close to what Anasta and Harrison would cost to sign.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
wow

We have lost Jones, Guttenbeil, Paleaasina, Vinnie Anderson AND Tuimavavue

So dont tell us how you can have Walker, Webb, Crocker, Ricko (who took a big pay cut last season i may add), Firman and Cayless still gives you enough.

We have lost 4 first grade players (equivalent to say your Crocker, Ricko, Cayless and Webb) and a fringe player (your Firman) and we still cant afford to buy ANYONE.

aussies1st

Staff member
Walker defintiely wouldnt have been on much when they first signed him he was willing to play for free. With the way they recurited in the backs no way they would have upgraded his contract by too much.

Johns Magic

Referee
JamesWebster's#1fan said:
wow

We have lost Jones, Guttenbeil, Paleaasina, Vinnie Anderson AND Tuimavavue

So dont tell us how you can have Walker, Webb, Crocker, Ricko (who took a big pay cut last season i may add), Firman and Cayless still gives you enough.

We have lost 4 first grade players (equivalent to say your Crocker, Ricko, Cayless and Webb) and a fringe player (your Firman) and we still cant afford to buy ANYONE.

Knights are losing upwards of 10 first-grade players with at least one of them being on $250,000 a year and are signing Luke Davico.

Fairfax

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
The Roosters don't have a salary cap so it doesn't matter

Pot kettle black.

I'm pretty sure Parramatta would have wracked up a few frequent flyer points on the club credit card assembling the squad they signed this year.

Riddell, Morrison, Tahu, Robinson... who else did I forget?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Knights are losing upwards of 10 first-grade players with at least one of them being on $250,000 a year and are signing Luke Davico.

This just up more emphasis on my point. How come the Rorters can do what other clubs cannot?

tommytomlin

Bench
Well, the Roosters are obviously cheating then. Even though the NRL Salary Cap auditors have only found minor breaches in the past few years.

Everyone has a theory on why the Roosters are over the cap, but when it comes down to it, the people who go through every contract and every benefit and every player never seem to find anything but a minor breach, just like the ones clubs like Brisbane and the Storm have.

Fairfax

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Robinson was a Parra junior poached by the Roosters who saw the light and returned home.

We bought as a bench player-reserve grader. You bought him back as a premiership winning forward. I know who would have paid the most for him and it wasn't us.

Widders, Solomona, PJ Marsh, Riddell, Morrison, Morris, Tahu, Wagon, McKinnon, Dykes, Jason Taylor...

Parramatta are shop-a-holics.

Pay, Dymock, McCracken, Smith...

And that's off the top of my head.

drake

First Grade
You should all be thankful to St George Illawarra for giving you so many fine players.