What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith fits in Roosters cap???

scottyeel

Bench
Monoghan, Roberts, Walker, Fittler, Wing, Finch, Firman, Cayless, Robinson, Tupou, Soward. Just off the top of my head.

Fairfax

Juniors
scottyeel said:
Monoghan, Roberts, Walker, Fittler, Wing, Finch, Firman, Cayless, Robinson, Tupou, Soward. Just off the top of my head.

But we don't have the junior clubs that you do. How do you fit all your big name signings under the cap?

KFC

Juniors
Put a dollar value on this team:

1. Chris Walker
2. Jermain Ale
3. Shannon Hegarty
4. Justin Hodges
5. Todd Byrne
6. Brad Fittler
7. Brett Firman
8. Jason Cayless
9. Stuart Webb
10. Peter Cusack
11. Michael Crocker
12. Chad Robinson
13. Luke Ricketson

All these players have left the Roosters in the 04, 05 season.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairfax said:
We bought as a bench player-reserve grader. You bought him back as a premiership winning forward. I know who would have paid the most for him and it wasn't us.

Widders, Solomona, PJ Marsh, Riddell, Morrison, Morris, Tahu, Wagon, McKinnon, Dykes, Jason Taylor...

Parramatta are shop-a-holics.

Pay, Dymock, McCracken, Smith...

And that's off the top of my head.

Our 2001 side was picked apart by every club looking for someone to fill any position. Hell even if they didn't play that position they still signed them (Drew signed as a halfback :lol:).

At least we can say we do develop juniors and don't pick apart every other club's HM/Ball/Flegg sides and claim them as our own products..

Fairfax

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Our 2001 side was picked apart by every club looking for someone to fill any position. Hell even if they didn't play that position they still signed them (Drew signed as a halfback :lol:).

At least we can say we do develop juniors and don't pick apart every other club's HM/Ball/Flegg sides and claim them as our own products..

That's another one! Didn't you sign Drew from Penrith too?

scottyeel

Bench
Fairfax said:
But we don't have the junior clubs that you do. How do you fit all your big name signings under the cap?
You can afford big names when you don't pay juniors big money.

Hurriflatch

Referee
PJ Marsh another Parramatta developed player who came how

WAgon was a stringbean winger when signed from the Dragons

McKinnon was also originally a Parramatta player who went to Souths and came home

Taylor was on the scrapheap and when signed.

Vicious

Bench
Minichiello $300,000 minimum
Roberts $180,000 minimum
Soliola $80,000 will need an increase shortly
Cross $250,000 minimum
Monaghan $180,000 (Raiders offered $250,000)
Wing $300,000
Finch $180,000
Harrison $220,000 minimum (Souths offered $350,000)
Anasta $400,000 minimum (Souths offered $500,000)
Flannery $220,000 (Raiders offered $350,000)
Fitzgibbon $250,000 minimum
Morley $300,000 bare minimum
Tupou $120,000 bare minimum
Fa`aoso $100,000 bare minimum
Le`strange $70,000 bare minimum

That`s over the cap already and it`s only 15 players??? What a joke???

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairfax said:
That's another one! Didn't you sign Drew from Penrith too?

As a player stuck behind Craig Gower looking for opportunity to play regular FG!

You're being a bit pathetic on this, not all of our signings were for just money, we signed alot of players who wanted a second chance, a starting spot or even just a regular FG spot.

Fairfax

Juniors
No, you're just an example of a club with a gigantic junior base that spends a lot of money on recruiting players. Your club has picked up some bargains who are attracted to good infrastructure and a professional club. You have to admit that Parra have gone on spending sprees far greater than the Roosters are currently embarking on.

So why is it impossible to believe that the Roosters can't do the same? We're losing six established first graders and have picked up one, possibly two in Harrison and Anasta. The hysteria surrounding the Roosters is irrational.

The Whippet

Juniors
Well all those players the Roosters have lost couldn't have been on all that much:

Brett Firman - $ 170k
Chris Walker - $40k
Luke Ricketson - $100k (estimate but stated he took a big pay cut to go around another season)
Stuart Webb - $90k (estimate)
Jason Cayless - $230k (when he signed he was a Parramatta bench player)
Micheal Crocker - $220k (estimate)

Take into account the contract upgrades to Brett Finch and Chris Flannery is just doesn't add up.

Vicious

Bench
Vicious said:
Roberts $180,000 minimum
Cross $250,000 minimum
Wing $300,000
Finch $180,000

Somebody tell me that any of these players have been over valuated???

Fairfax

Juniors
Vicious said:
Roberts $180,000 minimum
Cross $250,000 minimum
Wing $300,000
Finch $180,000

Supe League money no longer exists, those figures are inflated.

To give yourself some credibility, can you provide the sources of your figures quoted on the Raiders and the Bunnies? I would have thought that the players and the clubs had access to the figures. Where did you get your information?

And if your sloppy on your figures then you're sloppy with your facts. It adds up to $3.15m...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Fairfax said:
No, you're just an example of a club with a gigantic junior base that spends a lot of money on recruiting players. Your club has picked up some bargains who are attracted to good infrastructure and a professional club. You have to admit that Parra have gone on spending sprees far greater than the Roosters are currently embarking on.

So why is it impossible to believe that the Roosters can't do the same? We're losing six established first graders and have picked up one, possibly two in Harrison and Anasta. The hysteria surrounding the Roosters is irrational.

Biggest load of crap I've read. By the end of the year, you'll have signed Anasta, Harrison, at least one other recognised first grader, plus 15-20 juniors from other clubs, and you say we go on spending sprees?

The difference between our signings and the Roosters' is that we don't target the best players coming off contract every single year. We sign alot of fringe first graders, but in your eyes it's quantity, not quality of signings that makes us checkbook champs more than the Roosters.

KFC

Juniors
Fringe first graders like Morrison, Tahu, Riddell, Marsh and Stringer for example?

Fairfax

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Biggest load of crap I've read. By the end of the year, you'll have signed Anasta, Harrison, at least one other recognised first grader, plus 15-20+ juniors from other clubs, and you say we go on spending sprees?

The difference between our signings and the Roosters' is that we don't target the best players coming off contract every single year. We sign alot of fringe first graders, but in your eyes it's quantity, not quality of signings that makes us checkbook champs more than the Roosters.

You can't be chequebook champs because you haven't won anything.

The Roosters don't target every player coming off contract every single year. It's paper & forum talk. Just like people say that Union are after their players, they currently say its the Roosters. Before that it was Manly and Canterbury. In the 60s it was Saints, before that it was Wests. It helps the agents bump the players cost up.

Who else are Easts signing? Who are the 15 or 20 juniors they'll sign?

Vicious

Bench
Fairfax said:
Supe League money no longer exists, those figures are inflated.

To give yourself some credibility, can you provide the sources of your figures quoted on the Raiders and the Bunnies? I would have thought that the players and the clubs had access to the figures. Where did you get your information?

And if your sloppy on your figures then you're sloppy with your facts. It adds up to $3.15m...

No way in the world that Morley would play for any less than $300,000 when he could be earning $700,000 a season in England. So if it adds up to 3.15 million for 15 players, are the other 10 players going to earn $200,000 between them???

Vicious

Bench
Vicious said:
No way in the world that Morley would play for any less than $300,000 when he could be earning $700,000 a season in England. So if it adds up to 3.15 million for 15 players, are the other 10 players going to earn $200,000 between them???

Oh and also add that Michael Lett and Mickey Paea also just recently re-signed for well above $50,000. Match payments for the last 8 players aye??? Lets see who thay come up with??? The Roosters are a joke!!!

Bench
Vicious said:
Somebody tell me that any of these players have been over valuated???
Crocker said he signed his contract 2 years back and was on $120K,he wanted an upgrade didn't get one so he left.Walker was on $40K the 1st year and $80 to $100K this year.Monahs signed for supposedly less than the $250K the Raiders were offering,$220K I believe.
I would also struggle to believe Fitzy,Flannery and Roberts are on that little.
Good luck to the Roosters I say,I just don't know how they do it.
Hope that helps Vicious.

Latest posts