What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith

Wizardman

First Grade

Brandon Smith has been issued a breach notice by the Sydney Roosters, after the star hooker missed the club's mandatory mid-season review.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports the club held meetings last Monday following their round 13 loss to the Cowboys, but the 28-year-old failed to turn up.

Roosters officials attempted to contact Smith during the meeting, but he did not reply.

I get the feeling that life after football is going to be difficult for this bloke. Life DURING football is getting tricky for him at the moment.

If there is ever a bloke that needs to really look where his football life is heading, it is Brandon Smith. I hope he gets it together....but there are signs that he needs to reverse things pretty quickly.

Brandon asking to get the kick so he can link back up with??????

Let's face it. When a player wants out they usually get their way eventually.

Any inside of his relationship with Trent and co?

blue bags

First Grade
A lot of Roosters Rumblings at the moment
The Fifita debacle has caused a lot of issues
Teddy. Crighton. Smith

Wizardman

First Grade

I don't think it is a way to get out of his contract.

I think his head is just very distracted.......his footy overall at the Roosters has not been up to scratch.

You missed that last video from when he was playing at the storm
Ah yes. Speaking about the Storm, I remember Bromwich and Sideshow Bob getting snapped on CCTV in Canberra a few years back. Seems like that white line culture is rampant in all of Australia. Brandon needs a mentor in the demeanor of a Andrew Webster @ the Wahs. Support is what I think he needs now.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ah yes. Speaking about the Storm, I remember Bromwich and Sideshow Bob getting snapped on CCTV in Canberra a few years back. Seems like that white line culture is rampant in all of Australia. Brandon needs a mentor in the demeanor of a Andrew Webster @ the Wahs. Support is what I think he needs now.
I wouldn't touch Cheese with a barge pole at the Warriors. Far too many issues

Wizardman

First Grade
Well he went to Coke Central in Bondi. So maybe he's getting caught up in the Sydney party life?
He needed to stay in Melbourne with Bellamy keeping him grounded.
You have pretty much nailed the root of his problem. Im a Wests Tigers supporter and would not want my club near him in his present mindset.

I think he’s doing just fine at the Roosters and I don’t know what all the hubbub is about. It’s probably time to talk contract extension.

Connor Watson killing it... Smith gets a breach notice... if you put 1 and 2 together Roosters are going to attempt to get rid of Smith.

TBH 850k a year for a hooker that is only fit enough to play 50 minutes a game is a con job, poor purchase from the Roosters.

They should sign him to a 10 year, 11 million dollar deal like Taumolololol. They really can't afford to be losing a player as marketable and beloved as the Hectic Cheese

No offence, but my club isn't that stupid to hand out 10 year long contracts. Even Brad Fittler when he was signed was only on a 5 year deal when he came to the club from Penrith.

Bazal

Post Whore
No offence, but my club isn't that stupid to hand out 10 year long contracts. Even Brad Fittler when he was signed was only on a 5 year deal when he came to the club from Penrith.

Well a few years ago I'd have said your club wasn't stupid enough to sign a white-nosed, overrated liability like Brandon Smith in the first place, so anything is possible

Chimp

Bench
Dropped all together - they’re trying to push him out. An admission he was an either a terrible buy, or SuperCoach Robinson has failed with him.
I say a little out of column A, a little out of column B.
Best thing Roosters could do is move him to 13, or the bench as a middle (and emergency 9), just as the Storm did - that’s where he’s best. Bellamy didn’t want him at 9 for long stints.

Dropped all together - they’re trying to push him out. An admission he was an either a terrible buy, or SuperCoach Robinson has failed with him.
I say a little out of column A, a little out of column B.
Best thing Roosters could do is move him to 13, or the bench as a middle (and emergency 9), just as the Storm did - that’s where he’s best. Bellamy didn’t want him at 9 for long stints.
Not necessarily as players have been dropped for being late to training in the past and not showing up for a mandatory team meeting would invoke the same punishment you’d think. Having said that, I’m leaning towards your column B.

Latest posts