What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

NRL on Nine (@NRLonNine) tweeted at 9:49 pm on Sat, Aug. 24, 2019:
'It's been sabotaged.'

Joey tees off at the Knights. :fire::fire:

#9WWOS #NRL #NRLDragonsRoosters https://t.co/hWhlWRlRYD
()

Troy Prezet is mentioned. Seems there has been a lot going on in the background with some head shaking stuff.

perverse

Referee
Well, it's hard to imagine everything is hunky dory given the way everything has unfolded over the past 7 days. Really quite bizarre. Another odd chapter in the book that is the Newcastle Knights.

So glad it's all unfolded at the expense of flushing another season down the toilet. Can our basket case of a club even keep the likes of Klemmer and Ponga at the club long enough to get out of the shithouse?

newyboy

Juniors
I hope it's not a Titans situation where some players have a little bit too much influence and have got the coach sacked.

That would be very disturbing. The Knights board/Wests etc cannot allow players to dictate the team.

Well, it's hard to imagine everything is hunky dory given the way everything has unfolded over the past 7 days. Really quite bizarre. Another odd chapter in the book that is the Newcastle Knights.

So glad it's all unfolded at the expense of flushing another season down the toilet. Can our basket case of a club even keep the likes of Klemmer and Ponga at the club long enough to get out of the shithouse?
Bizarre in that it seems that something has been going on behind the scenes for some time and it seems Brown got word of it.
With a chance to make the semis even when we were on the losing streak I'd back the coach until the end of the season.

perverse

Referee
Bizarre in that it seems that something has been going on behind the scenes for some time and it seems Brown got word of it.
With a chance to make the semis even when we were on the losing streak I'd back the coach until the end of the season.
I would say the club has to do whatever will maximize our chances at success long term. It feels like they've tried to handle this amicably in public... but the players have gone out and pulled everyone's pants down with that performance.

aqua_duck

Coach
I personally don't disagree with moving Brown on, he seems like a great guy but lacked the ability to motivate and inspire his players, he also seemed like he second guessed himself quite abit but how on earth do 2 absolute nobodies in Pezet and a f**king player manager yield so much power? If the rumours are true and Pezet and Moses have orchestrated this then that's a massive indictment on Wests and Gardner who were suppose to ensure we were no longer run like a chook raffle.

I haven't heard Isaac Moses name come up but...
Does Moses manage O'Brien?
Is anyone on the East's roster that Moses manages?

Frederick

Staff member
If pezet was meeting with O'Brien/Moses without Gardiners knowledge he wouldn't have a job any more.
Phil Gardiner is not a stupid man. He's a man who demands success and will do anything and everything to get it, and he's not afraid to cut people loose if they're standing in the way of that success

newyboy

Juniors
Phil Gardiner is not a stupid man. He's a man who demands success and will do anything and everything to get it, and he's not afraid to cut people loose if they're standing in the way of that success

That's good, but you can go about it two different ways and one will show great credibility. The other is a run over/destroy anyone attitude with no repercussions (which is a shit way to do things).

slotmachine

First Grade
This really isn’t as out of the ordinary as you all seem to think. You don’t make a call in business without knowing where you go next.

The difference is Brown found out.

Came here to say this but you beat me to it.

Did people really want a bs review that would only be run to confirm a decision made months ago, and delay recruitment etc, because if the cards fell our way we could scrape into 8th?

Spot On

Coach
Came here to say this but you beat me to it.

Did people really want a bs review that would only be run to confirm a decision made months ago, and delay recruitment etc, because if the cards fell our way we could scrape into 8th?

Only the idiots.

aqua_duck

Coach
I haven't heard Isaac Moses name come up but...
Does Moses manage O'Brien?
Is anyone on the East's roster that Moses manages?
Moses has abit of a reputation around the league for interfering/holding clubs to ransom. There were reports that he forced the Broncos to sign Seibold as he had about 8-9 Broncos players on his books, he is also Tedesco's agent but Nick Politis has such disdain for him that Nick himself refused to deal with him during the Tedesco negotiations. Reading between the lines I'm guessing Pezet and O'Brien are both clients, I'm such hoping that Gardiner is the one who's orchestrated this through Pezet and Moses rather than Pezet and Moses doing this to get one of their stable mates a job

macavity

Referee
Moses has abit of a reputation around the league for interfering/holding clubs to ransom. There were reports that he forced the Broncos to sign Seibold as he had about 8-9 Broncos players on his books, he is also Tedesco's agent but Nick Politis has such disdain for him that Nick himself refused to deal with him during the Tedesco negotiations. Reading between the lines I'm guessing Pezet and O'Brien are both clients, I'm such hoping that Gardiner is the one who's orchestrated this through Pezet and Moses rather than Pezet and Moses doing this to get one of their stable mates a job

Why would Pezet have an agent, particularly when he manages the list.

Moses manages a few of our players. More likely they have a working relationship.

Having said that I have a suspicion that he shoe-horned Mann in as a payback for getting Klemmer here. It was just the most bizarre recruitment decision in isolation.

Latest posts