Breakout year?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Forbes Creek Dragons, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

I think Zac Lomax(if he is given a real chance in one position and keeps it), just hope it's is with us.
    Rav will also have a big year

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Wittenberg and Slippery Morris like this.
  2. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

I agree Lomax if he is given the 3 jumper and told it's his.

Luc will have a breakout year. I just hope it's with us...

3. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

Zac Lomax but only if he plays where he should and that is anywhere in the starting backline.

Tariq will be injury free and if he can return to his best he will be a huge asset.

Dragonsamy and jak like this.
  4. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Issac luke.
    :/

5. BBTB

BBTB Juniors

Recruit Kurt Capewell.

6. SEAT 1A

SEAT 1A Juniors

Pereira and Blake Lawrie.

7. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Sorry mate I hope he does but I fear he is overrated on what I've seen so far.

emu62 likes this.
  8. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Zac Lomax I certainly agree with if he is allowed to constantly play centre. Rav....meh, he needs to win a spot in first grade again before he can possibly be considered to maybe have a break out year.

9. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

Surely Pearson and Pierra are in front of Rav at present for the wing spot.
    Play him centre in CC before he is considered for NRL centre.
    CC

denis preston and getsmarty like this.
  10. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

You are correct CC but I think Rav will get first run , if Mary has his way

11. possm

possm Coach

I agree, Lomax at fullback and Ravalawa at right centre should work well.

12. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Lomax is not a fullback. You are worse than Mary playing people out of position in 1st grade.
    Rav is not a centre until he learns to at least defend on the wing first. Centre will be amplify his defensive liability or as CC put it centre in reggies 1st if he has aspirations there.

Dragonsamy likes this.
  13. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Juniors

On Lomax though, if he does see himself as a fullback long term his best option is definitely to stay with us. He’s certainly not going to unseat Ponga. Our money would be at least close to the other offers but he will have a good solid chance at cementing himself at 1 and therefore dramatically increasing his value going forward. If I were his manager I’d re-sign him for 2 years, at as decent money as I could get with aim to going for a really good contract in 2023. By which stage a few clubs will probably be looking for a good 1.

14. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Lomax only said all that as he played a bit of fullback as a Junior and who would not want to be a fullback as part of the spine demanding big $$$$. (Latrell Mitchell case in point)
    He is not a 1 as not fleet footed enough at NRL level and he knows that nor will he get near the money good fullbacks demand. He will be a good centre if not origin if he is just played and perserved there in that position and not stuffed around being everywhere but.

jak likes this.
  15. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Agree
    And why would Lomax even consider going to the Knights? As you say Ponga is their fullback, so unless there's something going on in the background, he us their fullback, add to that they have young Star To'a who is a very good talent for fullback as well as Tex Hoy. As a centre, they have Moaga, Hunt, Best and they just recruited Tuala from the Cowboys. A move to the Knights doesn't make any sense apart from $$$ or something in the background with Ponga.

16. possm

possm Coach

Sorry but I'd say you have it all wrong. Mary is one to not recognise the strength and weakness of his players but instead with head in the sand continue to select players like Aitken and Lafai hoping for that one good game out of 10.

Lomax is a better fullback than both Dufty and Sailor. He has a larger frame, is solid in defence, can take a high ball, not easily rag dolled, has a deceptive step off both feet, a good passing game and is quicker than some on here think.

We have a vacancy at fullback and Lomax has put his hand up for selection.

hewi and getsmarty like this.
  17. Forbes Creek Dragons

I’m not saying he will or won’t go well there, just that apparently he wants to play 1. It’s up to him if he makes it or not, haven’t seen enough of him to judge. He has all the attributes besides absolute blinding speed maybe. I’m just saying the Dragons is his best chance to get a good run there, if that is in fact where he sees himself. If he signs elsewhere I doubt they will play him there because much like D.Boyd who wasn’t outstanding in 2009 but Churchill medalist in 2010 it’s a bit of an investment letting him get his training wheels off there.

getsmarty likes this.
  18. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Forbes...he is not slow...if my memory serves me correctly ran down Tedesco....

The slow theory was propagated by some on here after 2018 finals when he was recovering from hamstring ( if I remember correctly )....especially after the Kick to dufty against Broncos...which resulted in the final try..

One particular poster with a Love of aitken keeps pushing this...its a fallacy.

Dragonsamy likes this.
  19. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Again all depends on McGregor...if i remember correctly stated he would be given a shot there...again its McGregor...so means little as he often changes his mind...LOL

Dragonsamy likes this.
  20. Forbes Creek Dragons

Yeah I agree, he’s plenty fast enough, obviously not Dufty, or Addo Carr fast but fast enough to do the job. Teddy himself isn’t super fast either, off the mark he is though as well as when changing directions. These things matter more.

Dragonsamy and getsmarty like this.