Breakout year?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Forbes Creek Dragons, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Old skool Dragon

Old skool Dragon Juniors

The Bash BROTHERS to have a break out yr. Sims Brothers..Especially Korbin im looking at..got a lot to prove and will kill it. Poor Dufty will try Hard. Its Hard to see him not in the no1... I think hes been an understatement at how good he is to us in the no 1 jersey. Duff Man also a Big one. Just replace all backline with new except Duff Man. Need Dancing centres not heavy footed apes.

nontime111 likes this.
  2. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

Not of it means the coach goes.
    CC

Old skool Dragon likes this.
  3. Old skool Dragon

Old skool Dragon Juniors

Thats its CHUCK

4. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Boom rookies and rising stars: The player who could be a breakout star with your NRL club in 2020

ROOSTERS – Billy Smith

The 20-year-old centre played two games for the Roosters last season, scoring two tries and looks to be a superstar in the making.

And who could forget Smith’s memorable tussle with Sam Burgess on the eve of the 2019 finals series.

If Latrell Mitchell does jump ship to the Tigers, Smith will target the vacant centre position.

RABBITOHS – Steven Marsters

Signed to the Rabbitohs last season, the cousin of Cowboys recruit and New Zealand international Esan Marsters is an exciting prospect for South Sydney.

The 20-year-old has represented New Zealand at the under 18s level in 2016, graduating to the Junior Kiwis for consecutive years in 2017 and 2018.

He has also made his senior representative debut playing for the Cook Islands against South Africa and will be pushing hard for a first grade debut in 2020.

DRAGONS – Jason Saab

The lean speed machine turned heads with two tries on debut against the Rabbitohs in Round 19 last season.

The 19-year-old giant is 195cm tall and weighs in at 100kg and will be an even scarier prospect when he fills out.

Paul McGregor’s side are expected to improve from their second last placed finish in 2019, which will hopefully give Saab more opportunities to add to his three tries from as many games in first grade.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/9198723426f412eb3fd40e95714181cf

blacksafake likes this.
  5. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Lomax is NOT a fullback but Mary will give him a couple of games and then drop him like a hot potato. Start him at centre for the year and that's his best position to make a statement.

6. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Trouble is you can't ask the opposition to hold off tackling him until he gets up to full speed ! Give me Acceleration over 10 meters over 100 meters sprint champion any day in this game.

Dragonsamy likes this.
  7. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Juniors

Denis
    His pace should improve as he gets stronger with more training doing. But agree pace of the Mark is asset

8. redandwhite4evr

redandwhite4evr Juniors

Nailed it Coffs Dragon- wonder if all these training courses Mary has been attending will have left him any more cognisant that Lafai and Aitken are NOT first grade standard- the answer is probably an emphatic no but hopefully Flanno can influence him to trial Rav 4, Ford and Pereira in the centres. I'm convinced Ford at least will be a backline success.

possm and Coffs dragon like this.
  9. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Rava needs to win a first grade spot before we start penciling him in as a new centre.

10. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Glad to see one of our escapees listed as a player who may have a breakout year for ANOTHER club.

SAP58 and blacksafake like this.
  11. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

Lomax may be a better centre than fullback, but he may be the best fullback we have on our roster for next season. I am keen to see him get a decent run there. I know he lacks the blinding acceleration that we want in a fullback, but I think he will go well there. He will be able to play on both sides of the field or through the middle. I think he is a natural footballer with footy smarts. He has the height for catching the high balls. He is pretty strong. He will have to get himself super fit to have the stamina to cover all the ground that fullback has to cover. If we already had a top line fullback on our roster, I would be happy to play Lomax centre.

BLM01, George Dragon and nontime111 like this.
  12. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

I would have liked to see Rava given a run at centre this year. I think that may be his best position.

nontime111 likes this.
  13. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

agree, Id love to see Lomax partner Ravi in the centres with Duff at Fb

for the start of the season Id love a backline of this:

Dufty
    Saab
    Ravi
    Lomax
    Sailor
    Norman
    Hunt

14. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

but I have this sick feeling from MArys rockapeness that it will look more like this:

Lomax
    Saab
    Aitken
    Lafai
    Periera
    Norman
    Hunt

Old skool Dragon likes this.
  15. Blood&Bandage

Blood&Bandage Juniors

Agree. I’d like to Norman at 7 and Hunt at 6. Norman seems to be a real talker/organiser while Hunt seems to be quiet and more of running half. It could work well?

blacksafake and Frank Facer like this.
  16. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I agree, that loss really hurt ! But McFester would rather you know who in the centres......go figure ?

17. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Yep...That could work...

18. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

19. Saints Forever

Saints Forever Juniors

If Blacker is eligible for NRL game time, I would love to see this kid given a run in the second half of the season.

Lomax, Ford and Sailor to star sporadically.

Frizz, and Tariq Sims to return to form in a big way.

possm likes this.
  20. possm

possm Coach

I think you are spot on!