What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brent Kite Signs with Manly for 4 Years

I think Brent Kite is a solid NRL forward.

I dont think he is rep quality and I dont think he is worth anything like the money Manly have offered him.

fish

Juniors
I will tell you one thing it may be a bonus now but I would swap that for spending to the cap the last 2 years and better performance than not spending and coming in the bottom 2.It all works itself out and if anything it puts us on a level playing field next year.

taxidriver

Coach
You don't become successful by buying outside backs; you do it by buying forwards, forwards, forwards. Then when you think you've got enough forwards, you buy a few more.

Are you sure, 5 out of 7 of your backline were brought in as established first grade players !!!!

Renowned League Expert said:
You don't become successful by buying outside backs; you do it by buying forwards, forwards, forwards. Then when you think you've got enough forwards, you buy a few more.

So true...quality forwards, in a sane world (ie not union where their highest paid players are wingers and fullbacks) are worth almost twice as much as similar credentialled backs IMO.

chileman

Coach
Welcome to the fold Kitey! :D

BRENT KITE
DOB: 7 March 1981
Starsign: Capricorn
Place of Birth (city/state): Queanbeyan NSW
Height (cm): 190cm
Weight (kg): 105kg

:: STATISTICS ::
2004 Season
Appearances Tries Goals Field Goals Points
13 1 - - 4

Current Club Career
App Trs Gls F/G Pts App Trs Gls F/G Pts
57 8 - - 32 57 8 - - 32

Position Second row
Junior Club Queanbeyan United
What do you remember about your debut game? Capacity crowd at Aussie Stadium
Toughest individual opponent? Mark O’Meley
Toughest team to play against? Canterbury
Career highlight? Broncos in Brisbane
Do you have a pre/post game ritual or routine? I’m usually the last to get ready but I’m trying to change
What would you like to do (career) when you retire from rugby league? As little as possible
What charity do you support? All
What is the best advice your parents ever gave you? Be humble
What was your first job as a teenager? Paperboy
What are you reading at the moment? Still the good book
What was the last concert you attended? Alannis Morrisette – I don’t know why I went
Favorite TV show? Cricket
Most famous person you have ever met? Mark Riddell
Ultimate holiday destination? Any holiday is a good one
Where did you go for holidays as a child? To my nanna’s in Sydney
What other sports did you play as a child? Boxing
Best sporting event you have attended? 1 day match – Aust Vs Sri Lanka when Bevan hit the winning runs
What makes you angry? Waiting on other people
Describe/name your ideal woman? Someone who loves the Lord
Other interests? Golf and tennis
What is your personal motto? Be happy and make others happy
manlybrent.gif
Well done groggo! :clap:

taxidriver said:

Are you sure, 5 out of 7 of your backline were brought in as established first grade players !!!!

Our top backline would read

Minichiello (Nup has only ever played grade at Roosters)
Byrne trialled at Souths for SG Ball and was told too small. Came to Roosters and we took him on. So nup not him either
Cross (Only ever played grade for the Roosters)
Hodges (Agreed)
Hegarty (Nup played for the Reds development squad then came to us when they were cut from the comp)
Fittler (agreed)
Finch (agreed)

So 3 from 7 at full strength. This week with Walker and Lester there it comes to 5. Some would argue that Walker would be in before Byrne but I would rather Toddy.

taxidriver

Coach
I based my assumptions on this line up and given Hegartys form I thought I was on the money.

Mini - no
Walker - Yes
Hodges - Yes
Cross - No
Byrne - I though he played first grade elsewhere, apologies if I was wrong.
Fittler - Yes
Finch - Yes

Disco

Bench
I'm very happy with the signing of Kite, which should see the pack look something like this

8.King
9.Randall
10.Kite
11.Watmough/Harris
12.Kennedy
13.Menzies

14.Watmough/Harris
15.Heckenberg
16.Haumono
17.Dunley

Depth
Donnelly
G Stewart
Williamson (if he stays)
Tutt
Lulu
Cleal
Paterson

Now that Kite is signed we have to focus all our attention on a top quality centre, and then a young backup half, I'll take

1.Tahu/Mona's/Lyon (parra will release him, if they keep signing players)
2.Tim Smith

t-ba

Post Whore
Nothing Wrong with the Sign on Fee's I reckon. It's a great leveller. We are paying 'overs' for players so why not use the reason we have to pay more and turn it into an advantage? I'm sure the remaining 200k in this years cap will help Joel Monaghan put a Down payment on a Nice waterfront Property :lol: .

t-ba the hutt said:
Nothing Wrong with the Sign on Fee's I reckon. It's a great leveller. We are paying 'overs' for players so why not use the reason we have to pay more and turn it into an advantage? I'm sure the remaining 200k in this years cap will help Joel Monaghan put a Down payment on a Nice waterfront Property :lol: .

You wish.

You can only give sign-on bonuses that will count towards this year's cap before June 30, and Monas hasn't been given permission to negotiate until after that deadline. Nice try though. :lol:

Keep yer grubby hands off him.

t-ba

Post Whore
:( .

Raider69's 'Mailman' said he'd be signed by the 21st. What's doing down in Raidertown? ;-) .

I don't actually mind if Monaghan Stays. You Raiders fans aren't as easily baited as Parra Fans :lol: .

Pigskin

Juniors
I subscribe to the theory of buying forwards

I will be honest. I wish Gordie would retire this year and we throw his contract money at Frank Pritchard. Pritchard would be a better signing than Kite imho, and at this stage probly a fraction cheaper.

Oink !

azza

Juniors
If you sign Monas he'll obviously be going for the money. From his own words, when one of the fans asked him if he was going there, he said something like "Why would I go to Manly, they're sh*t!" :lol:

Straight to the point.

t-ba

Post Whore
azza said:
If you sign Monas he'll obviously be going for the money. From his own words, when one of the fans asked him if he was going there, he said something like "Why would I go to Manly, they're sh*t!" :lol:

Straight to the point.

What's his nickname again? 2%? :lol: .

I don't actually care if he goes to Manly For the Money. We are starting to put a nice squad together, and Kennedy and Kite aren't impacting on our cap as severely as the should be 8) .

Raider_69

Post Whore
t-ba the hutt said:

Raider69's 'Mailman' said he'd be signed by the 21st. What's doing down in Raidertown? ;-) .

I don't actually mind if Monaghan Stays. You Raiders fans aren't as easily baited as Parra Fans :lol: .

yea he was wrong
i got onto him and asked him what the go was, he said he wasnt sure but he has a beleif that Joel was ready to sign but his manager convinced him to hold off untill he gages what the market for him is, but is stil 90% confident that Monaghan will be in Raiders colours next season

weasel

First Grade
Hopefully he goes well at Manly. It's nothing for us to lose him, Ryles and Bailey have played rep football and Sims and Poore both have big futures written all over them.

t-ba

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
t-ba the hutt said:

yea he was wrong
i got onto him and asked him what the go was, he said he wasnt sure but he has a beleif that Joel was ready to sign but his manager convinced him to hold off untill he gages what the market for him is, but is stil 90% confident that Monaghan will be in Raiders colours next season

I think he'll stay a Raider Too.

RainMan

Juniors
azza said:

Straight to the point.

Standard response from a player. As if he is going to say anything different. Remember Riddell said pretty much the same thing about Parramatta early on, money talks in the end.

t-ba

Post Whore
astrogirl said:
I was shocked to find out that Kite is apparently going to be paid $1.4 million over 4 years!

Is he really a $350k per season player?

Having gained Kennedy and Kite, said to be receiving $1.4m over four years, the Sea Eagles openly admit they have room under the salary cap to make one more major signing, with an outside back a priority.
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9928449-23214,00.html

$1.3million.

Kite Recieved a 'sign-on fee' of 300k, which is coutned towards this years salary cap (The other BK got one too), so He is effectively on 250k a year.

Latest posts