What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch, remember him?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I questioned the timing of the decision to let him go. I would have prefered it to be done at the end of the year. But not only did both parties want it this way, but I underestimated DA's ability to get the best out of whatwe have at the moment.

So I guess I should take a bite. Never happier to be wrong.

andrew057

First Grade
Worked out well for both party's. Eels cut his excessive long term contract and promoted a few very exciting halves. Finch leaves a system that he wasnt fitting in with, finds a home at Melbourne and is beginning to play some very decent football (like tonight).

Kornstar

Coach
Someone please point out the "good" things he is doing at Melbourne because i can't really see it, he threw one good pass night night for a try and other than that i didn't really notice him.....

He gets plenty of wraps and i can't figure it out, is it because he is "one of the boys"????

lewiscook

Juniors
Someone please point out the "good" things he is doing at Melbourne because i can't really see it, he threw one good pass night night for a try and other than that i didn't really notice him.....

He gets plenty of wraps and i can't figure it out, is it because he is "one of the boys"????

Bloody hell mate i agreee.
Who wouldnt paly well in a melb side when ur there 3rd choice play maker whose job is to get the ball to inglis?

andrew057

First Grade

Thats his job mate, he also created a try for Hinchcliffe. He's not there to touch the ball every play and create everything, Smith and Cronk have that covered. He offers a great link to GI and a good short kicking game. Storm are rolling alot more smoothly now they have Finch at 5/8, its clear to see.

Bigfella

Coach
Phil Rothfield - one of the most embarrassing figures in the appallingly low standard of DT rugby league "journalism"

lingard

Coach
I questioned the timing of the decision to let him go. I would have prefered it to be done at the end of the year. But not only did both parties want it this way, but I underestimated DA's ability to get the best out of whatwe have at the moment.

So I guess I should take a bite. Never happier to be wrong.

Good on ya, Tezza. What`s it taste like? I understand H.J. made the pastry, Raudonikis picked the fruit and Bazal baked it. They`re all good cooks! :lol::lol::lol:

Kornstar

Coach
Thats his job mate, he also created a try for Hinchcliffe. He's not there to touch the ball every play and create everything, Smith and Cronk have that covered. He offers a great link to GI and a good short kicking game. Storm are rolling alot more smoothly now they have Finch at 5/8, its clear to see.

The Hinchcliff try was the one i was tallking about! He didn't create the try though, Hinchliff ran through a parramatta like defensive hole, it was HUGE!!!! I could have scored!

I don't agree about the good link, he throws many hospital balls to those guys, just lucky that GI is the best player in the game and can catch them!

Oh his great short kicking game, i remember all of those really good repeat sets that he always seemed to........oh hang on i can count the amount of repeat sets he created for us in 2 years on one hand!!!!

His biggest assett is his 110% commitment, he has great passion but unfortunately that doesn't make you a great player or even a good one......

eel01s

Bench
I forgot about him the day he was released. Still can't believe he was on $300k a year!

andrew057

First Grade
The Hinchcliff try was the one i was tallking about! He didn't create the try though, Hinchliff ran through a parramatta like defensive hole, it was HUGE!!!! I could have scored!

I don't agree about the good link, he throws many hospital balls to those guys, just lucky that GI is the best player in the game and can catch them!

Oh his great short kicking game, i remember all of those really good repeat sets that he always seemed to........oh hang on i can count the amount of repeat sets he created for us in 2 years on one hand!!!!

His biggest assett is his 110% commitment, he has great passion but unfortunately that doesn't make you a great player or even a good one......

Sorry mate, Im not going to continue to debate this with you if your rose coloured glasses are that dark.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Good on ya, Tezza. What`s it taste like? I understand H.J. made the pastry, Raudonikis picked the fruit and Bazal baked it. They`re all good cooks! :lol::lol::lol:

Tastes good actually, much like the team, my sh!t is in good form.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
lolfinch27ya.gif

LOLFinch.gif

lol finch :lol: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=57471008739

Latest posts