What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Finch

Rohan

Juniors
Were you there Ozzie?

I was and he was certainly not booed from the field. Only the selection of him as man of the match was booed because he did not deserve it. The boo wasnt even that big. He had a shocking game and had just thrown one of his patented offloads to the opposition when the result was announced. Whoever (Robert Finch?) picked him as man of the match should of been shot.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Finch did throw the pass, but it was just a 10 metre cut outball, nothing special, something i could have done, but he acually showed some sort of level head which is odd..... thankfully he was back to him 'brillient' best in the GF..... ill say it again, he cracks under preasure

And he has an absolute shocker that day and was some how given MOTM, it didnt entitle him to be boo'ed by anyone but jeez that was a dud call, no one boo'ed him other than that time.... His major complaint was he read the raiders msg board and cried cause people were critical of him performances

I will forever hate finch with a passion (simular to my hate of Andrew Johns), but i do hope he becomes a better footballer because i can see the potential, i certainlly dont want him in green ever again, so you guys are welcome to him :)

ozzie

Bench
Rohan said:
Were you there Ozzie?

I was and he was certainly not booed from the field. Only the selection of him as man of the match was booed because he did not deserve it. The boo wasnt even that big. He had a shocking game and had just thrown one of his patented offloads to the opposition when the result was announced. Whoever (Robert Finch?) picked him as man of the match should of been shot.

wasn't it the game against newcastle?? when he kicked the ball into touch on the full and lost the game...

But it is irrespective - why boo off one of your own players???

for god's sake how old is he??

ozzie

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Finch did throw the pass, but it was just a 10 metre cut outball, nothing special, something i could have done, but he acually showed some sort of level head which is odd..... thankfully he was back to him 'brillient' best in the GF..... ill say it again, he cracks under preasure

And he has an absolute shocker that day and was some how given MOTM, it didnt entitle him to be boo'ed by anyone but jeez that was a dud call, no one boo'ed him other than that time.... His major complaint was he read the raiders msg board and cried cause people were critical of him performances

I will forever hate finch with a passion (simular to my hate of Andrew Johns), but i do hope he becomes a better footballer because i can see the potential, i certainlly dont want him in green ever again, so you guys are welcome to him :)

seems to me a bit of sour grapes - I was there at the newcastle game and the fans gave him heaps....

but I guess your fans are only fickled anyway - just like most other club fans...

Raider_69

Post Whore
i wasnt at the game, so i can only make a judgement on what i was told and read about it...... and trust me oz, no sour grapes ;-) you guys can have him!

the banner last summed it up nicely, something along these lines
"THANKS FOR LEAVING FINCH - Look at us now!"

we are a better team without him. but he is scum to me :x

ozzie

Bench
Raiders 2004 said:
Brett Who? :lol:
raider 20who??

I got a serious problem here - now Raider 2004 is that your mentality - because it can't be - more like 50.

It could be your gut measurement. now it also can't be your age although it may be - -1 year old.

It can't be the year you reckon Raiders are going to win..because they won't...but outside can you that explain the 2004 part??

I know what it is - it is the year of the Roosters...thanks mate

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie.....

Dont worry about the raiders mate, this year we are bigger and better than ever
you think the smashing (physical wise not score board) was harsh, wait till this year, i hear Robinson is still trying to track down the truck that hit him last year, in saying that the roosters will be hard to beat, but i think the raiders can do, we were one of the only teams to really match it with you on all occasions, we are a tougher and stronger unit now :mrgreen:

We were young and inexperienced then, under matty elliot we will continue to improve and IMHO the raiders will be holding the telstra premiership this year or next 8)

woodgers

Bench
You are a young halfback trying to make a go of it in a struggling team. You have the talent, but do you have the belief?

Fails to mention we were struggling because of him. Always doing something stupid or cracking under pressure. Hopeless. Craig Wing is 20 times the player Finch is.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
ozzie said:
Raiders 2004 said:
Brett Who? :lol:
raider 20who??

I got a serious problem here - now Raider 2004 is that your mentality - because it can't be - more like 50.

It could be your gut measurement. now it also can't be your age although it may be - -1 year old.

It can't be the year you reckon Raiders are going to win..because they won't...but outside can you that explain the 2004 part??

I know what it is - it is the year of the Roosters...thanks mate

You are a idiot hahahahaha :lol: Writing all that, all that effort, and you still look like a dipshit! :lol:

Rohan

Juniors
Rohan wrote:
Were you there Ozzie?

wasn't it the game against newcastle?? when he kicked the ball into touch on the full and lost the game...

No it wasnt the game against Newcastle but I cant remember who.

But it is irrespective - why boo off one of your own players???

for god's sake how old is he??

Once again he wasnt "booed off", the selection of man of the match was booed not him personally as has been widely reported. It wasnt really a boo anyway it was more like the sound of 15,000 people going "what the f**k" at once.

99.9% of fans are happy he is gone. Ben Kennedy is not the most loved ex Raider because of how he departed but most fans would still want him in the team, not so with Finch.

Anyway guys, this isn't meant to be a Canberra-Finch bashing excercise. Personally, I like Matt Elliot and I do think that Canberra will do well this season. As fans it is our DUTY to beleive that we will win the GF, it is our DUTY to defend anything derogatory about our Club, and it is our DUTY think all other teams are crap.. :D Actually, I'm sure it's in our job description.

The story is about a current Rooster player, his asperations and some background. Good Luck to the kid.

Raiders 2004 said:
ozzie said:
You are a idiot hahahahaha :lol: Writing all that, all that effort, and you still look like a dipshit! :lol:
Now, now. We can't all be like you and confirm we're a moron after only a few monosyllables and a few well chosen smileys.

It's your gift to the world.

Camelwise

Juniors
Finch is over rated, he's solid at best but has nowhere as much skill as blokes like Sherwin, Gower, Orford, Firman, or even Michael Witt.

gaterooze

Bench
Finch was *awful* in tonight's trial. Really dreadful. Dorn did a lot better when he took over at half later in the match.

gaterooze

Bench
Penelope Pittstop said:
What do you mean he left for the almighty $. The guy is on $100,000 a year, hardly a fortune in terms of todays market.

Are you sure about that? When he left the Raiders there was a bidding war, and I believe the Roosters won with a figure around $300k per year.

If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Apology accepted. ;-) Finch's contract for 3 years is $300,000. $100,000 per year.

Ben Kennedy left the Raiders for about $300,000 a year.

Latest posts