What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Geeves vs Darren Lehmann - the fall out

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Torn.

I'm kinda with Lehmann on this.

Geeves is a really good writer though. Clever and funny, AFL references aside.
So unless you have played test cricket at a high level you shouldn't have an opinion???

If that was the case the only clowns allowed to comment will be the cocks in the Nein comm box. As stated earlier not a big fan of Geeves but he is payed for his opinion at least he is giving it without fear or favour unlike like 99% of the former players these days.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As I posted at the time, my favourite part of Whateley's commentary during the Tests was when he asked Dirk Nannes if Ben Hilfenhaus was worth considering calling up for the Sydney test if the selectors were to rest Starc and/or Hazlewood.... even though, as it was quickly pointed out to him by Simon Katcih, Hilfenhaus retired from 1st class cricket nearly a year ago.... Of course he brushed this embarrassing revelation aside by suggesting it was a joke.... He is completely out of his depth calling cricket
Whateley would be out of his depth in a kiddies wading pool, unless he is talking about Fumbleball or blowing Peter Moody and the Black Caviar entourage he is absolutely clueless.

Timbo

Staff member
That's a great comeback article by Geeves.

Comments like that really piss me off from Lehmann. I never made it beyond 3rd division on an AstroTurf wicket, but I know a shedload about the game. I could say the same about virtually every other poster on this forum.

Guys like Lehmann view the Australian team like their own personal club side, and just want the rest of the country to shut up and pay money so this group of blokes can tour the world and hang out with each other.

These attitudes really annoy me, and frankly makes me less likely to pay for a Foxtel subscription to watch them play in India. If they don't care about the fans, why should the fans care about them?

Bazal

Post Whore
Geeves is a good writer, and Lehmann has had a rough week brought entirely on himself (and is also a bit of a dick from all reports)...but Geeves is still a bit of a dick with a hugely over-inflated opinion of himself.

Patorick

Staff member
So unless you have played test cricket at a high level you shouldn't have an opinion???

If that was the case the only clowns allowed to comment will be the cocks in the Nein comm box.
As stated earlier not a big fan of Geeves but he is payed for his opinion at least he is giving it without fear or favour unlike like 99% of the former players these days.
Pretty much.

You're entitled to your opinions, but that doesn't mean that you're right.

I listen to the radio anyway, so it doesn't really bother me.

Incorrect

Coach
Whateley would be out of his depth in a kiddies wading pool, unless he is talking about Fumbleball or blowing Peter Moody and the Black Caviar entourage he is absolutely clueless.
I hear Black Caviar recently had a foal.... Do you think maybe it was sired by Whateley??!!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Do we need a new coach?

Lehmann is approaching 4 years in the role. Time for a change?

Knowing our luck Langer would get the gig for the next 4 years o_O

Bazal

Post Whore
Pretty much.

You're entitled to your opinions, but that doesn't mean that you're right.

I listen to the radio anyway, so it doesn't really bother me.

I know park cricketers with a better understanding of the game than many international players...just because someone lacks the talent, the drive and the opportunity to play at the highest level doesn't mean they know nothing about cricket

Patorick

Staff member
I know park cricketers with a better understanding of the game than many international players...just because someone lacks the talent, the drive and the opportunity to play at the highest level doesn't mean they know nothing about cricket
Yep.

But Lehmann knows certain things that people like Geeves don't.

And Lehmann knows certain people that Geeves doesn't.

That's why he's coaching Australia and Geeves is writing opinion articles for a pay tv website.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I spent 2 hours with Ian Healy once and afterwards I could of swore the bloke has never watched a game of in his life.

His best was Big Bad Bobby Quiney should of been picked in the test team ahead of Warner.

No wonder he talked up his 9 so much lol.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Geeves is a butler's name. He should be shining Baldy's head and silverware not writing opinion pieces.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He does

I feel for the likes of Mennie, Cartwright, Maddinson and Wade, they must be invisible to Lehmann
i think being invisible has been a good thing for Wade, Boof hasn't been able to see how shit he has been.

some11

Referee
Nice comeback, even if Lehmann hasn't read it himself he's gonna have fifty people texting him "have you read the article?" :)

mozza91

Coach
I agree with Geeves' points but he comes across as a smug prick so I don't know what to think.
Also he said it in jest but I bet that Whately and his Offsiders cadre do in fact play dungeons and dragons. The regular panelists on that show would have have defintely been on the receiving end of bullying in their school days.