What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Hodgson

ponner

Just thought i'd let you know that Brett made his Giants debut on Sunday in a trial game against Castleford Tigers. Scored a lovely try and kicked 2 goals in the 40 mins he was on the pitch. Looked a class apart from the rest of the players on the pitch. Another one of your former players Whatuira has setted in nicely at the club too. *edit - spam* Good luck for the coming season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bench
Just thought i'd let you know that Brett made his Giants debut on Sunday in a trial game against Castleford Tigers. Scored a lovely try and kicked 2 goals in the 40 mins he was on the pitch. Looked a class apart from the rest of the players on the pitch. Another one of your former players Whatuira has setted in nicely at the club too. *edit - spam* Good luck for the coming season.
Cheers mate,you have got yourself a good one in Hodgo,I remember watching him at Campbelltown in 97 and 98 for Western Suburbs.He was about 18 and 60Kg,but still showed his class.

Last edited by a moderator:

ponner

Your very very lucky. he will make a killing for you.
I know mate I couldn't believe it when I heard we'd signed him. All we need now is a quality half back to replace the loss of Carney and now Fein. Fancy letting Benji go?;-)
newspic19688.jpg

SCOB

Juniors
I know mate I couldn't believe it when I heard we'd signed him. All we need now is a quality half back to replace the loss of Carney and now Fein. Fancy letting Benji go?;-)
newspic19688.jpg
Mate, it depends how deep your clubs pockets are, dont rule it out. Be nice if we get another couple of years first though!

ponner

Our man at the top is filthy rich so maybe there's a chance. Do you know of any other decent half backs whoare availble?

Decent is a relative term.

John Morris is a decent halfback according to our coach, you can have him with the blessing of every Wests Tigers fan I reckon.

SCOB

Juniors
Our man at the top is filthy rich so maybe there's a chance. Do you know of any other decent half backs whoare availble?

Ponn, the cupboard is bare, as far as spare 1/2's is concerned. and no barer than at the Tigers.

Tommax25

Bench
newspic19688.jpg

why would you want to sign benji as a halfback anyway? He is not imo, regardless of what sheens thinks. Hit up orford for next season.

willvillain

Juniors
Why on earth did the Tigers ever let Hodgo go.....one of the most baffling decisions the club has made in recent times (baring in mind that Prince wanted to go 'home').

Why on earth did the Tigers ever let Hodgo go.....one of the most baffling decisions the club has made in recent times (baring in mind that Prince wanted to go 'home').

Hodgo wanted 3 years for his next contract but we only offered him 1. I'm not too cut up losing him, as I'm very keen to see Lazarus get a go in the NRL.

willvillain

Juniors
Far out, give him the 3 year contract for f*cks sake.

The way contracts are these days, if it was the best for both parties you could have found him a British club after 2 years.

He's what...30 or something? Plenty left to give.

ponner

Well your loss is our gain. Would be nice to have some of you on my message board (see below) as most of our fans follow the Tigers due to the players we've had from you over recent years. Skandalis was a work horse and we would have been happy to see him play for us another year. Elford never let us down but without being anything flashy. Lolesi is hit and miss for me, one week an animal the next just average. Whatuira a constant threat to the opposition with nice hands and good feet. Hodgson after 1 game looks like he could be a crowd favourite. Looking forward to seeing him against this Sunday in a warm up game against Wigan.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Yeah, he was awful in 2008. :roll:
My biggest Hodgo memory from 2008 was failing to run down a 35 year old second-rower (Menzies) over 40 metres. Love the guy, he always gave 100% but he is past NRL standard. Whether instructed to or not, his constant moving into second receiver also hindered us in attack - he was at his best running off others in support but he was no longer capable of bursting through the line last year so settled for playing in the halves too often. Hope he kills the ESL but it was best for both that he moved on.

westie

Bench
At his best, Hodgo was our best player. But we always lost those games. As mentioned, he stunted our attack. Not his fault, that's the coach's issue, but the fact remains.

It's a bit like the Warriors. McKinnon looks better than Hohaia most of the time, but the Warriors (and the Kiwis incidentally) win with Hohaia at the back.

Parra Future

Juniors
Hodgo was all heart. His loss will be felt at Tigers. In saying that, as written by someone else in an earlier post, it does give the young guys an opportunity that are coming through your ranks. Good luck Tigers. And all the best to Hodgo overseas.

Latest posts