What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Horsnell v Parramatta PDRLC

Bazal

Post Whore
Nothwithstanding Mr Horsnell, his medical condition and his right to persue restitution, you can hardly be surprised that members on a Parra forum are rallying in favour their club who is under "attack".

That's the attitude I'm talking about. No one is under attack ffs.

Bazal

Post Whore
The pending court case doesn't come across as a tea party to me...

He has every right to sue. It's not an attack, it's legal proceedings. It happens thousands of times every day. If he has a good case he'll win, if not he'll lose.

He's not even suing the club, technically....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Back on topic.

nm_invincible_20cm70g_07.jpg

These Nils Master lures were my fav lures for Barra when I lived at the top end. Never had to buy bait up there. The only downside at about $20 a pop there are quiet a few hanging from few tree branches and probably still there.

Bazal

Post Whore
Back on topic.

These Nils Master lures were my fav lures for Barra when I lived at the top end. Never had to buy bait up there. The only downside at about $20 a pop there are quiet a few hanging from few tree branches and probably still there.
Yeah sorry, I derailed the thread....

Can't say I do much barra fishing in Canberra or down the south coast. These things are absolute killer for cod though

20.png

And you can't go past soft plastics in the salt water. Not many fish that won't eat em.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well everyone has a good fishing story

We got a permit to go camping deep into Arnhnem Land and went with a mate who worked there and knew his way around. We had all the gear and a tinny strapped to the top of my Land Cruiser.

We pulled up at a billabong and had a look around. The wife threw the Nils Master in on a 50 pound hand line, got a bite after a few seconds and couldn't pull the fish in. I said just hold it in both hands and run up the bank.

Within minutes she had 2 X 2 kg Barra. We thought you beauty wait till we get in there with all our expensive bait casters and heaps of lures and expert knowledge, because how easy it is if a bloody woman with a lure on the end of a 50 pound hand line can haul in Barra.

We fished for hours and never got a touch and probabaly lost about 100 bucks worth of lures in trees and snags.

She said we weren't doing to properly.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, some people have bad fishing stories...like this one time I went fishing, and it was all going well, but then I fell off a cliff and died. That was a pretty bad fishing story.

Dibs

Bench
Back on topic.

Yep good lures but who buys bait up the top end? That's what a cast net is for or a squid jig

Gronk

Staff member
That's the attitude I'm talking about. No one is under attack ffs.
We are and even if an insurance company indemnfies us, it could get ugly when (counsel for the Ins Company) pulls his sad case apart in court.

I'd prefer it wasnt us and its far from a nothing event.

I'm not sure if you have ever been the subject of litigation, but I assure you its bad for everyone involved.

Bazal

Post Whore
We are and even if an insurance company indemnfies us, it could get ugly when (counsel for the Ins Company) pulls his sad case apart in court.

I'd prefer it wasnt us and its far from a nothing event.

I'm not sure if you have ever been the subject of litigation, but I assure you its bad for everyone involved.

I never said it was good for anyone, except dumb Americans who can somehow manage to win stupid amounts of money because they're too stupid to realise coffee is hot or whatever.

But the club is not "under attack" either.

Bazal

Post Whore
Maybe but everyone that fished where I lived owned a cast net. I don't know anyone who fishes that owns a cast net where I live now.

Nah more likely to use bait jigs around NSW. I sometimes cast net the sand bars down the coast, but more often I'll just load up on slimy mackerel or squid off the jetties. When I don't use lures anyway

Gronk

Staff member
I never said it was good for anyone, except dumb Americans who can somehow manage to win stupid amounts of money because they're too stupid to realise coffee is hot or whatever.

I used the term "attack" in inverted commas, so you know very well i did not not literally mean it.

Having said that, if your neighbour was suing your parents (albiet insurance co or not), they would feel under attack.

So would some fans, it's normal.

No mate, but the level of mindless parochialism from some seems to make it a given that our club is always in the right, until the facts become so obvious that they can't deny, and even then, they say 'well every else does it too'.

All I'd say to people is this....imagine if Horsnell was your dad, or your brother, or your son. Would that make you at least take a breath?

Latest posts