What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett or Josh Morris. Or Both.

aussie7798

First Grade
Josh Morris is better. Simply because Brett is not good enough to play in a spine position.

Fullbacks>outside backs.

Josh does not play 1
Josh does not play 6
Josh does not play 7
Josh does not play 9

so unless your adding 3 or 4 to the spine then your a idiot

Depends on form both tend to be a bit hot and cold especially with try scoring, both tend to have a lean run then score multiple amounts of doubles and triples in a short period of time.

dogslife

Coach
Josh does not play 1
Josh does not play 6
Josh does not play 7
Josh does not play 9

so unless your adding 3 or 4 to the spine then your a idiot

Depends on form both tend to be a bit hot and cold especially with try scoring, both tend to have a lean run then score multiple amounts of doubles and triples in a short period of time.
Please tell me more

natheel

Coach
Josh Morris. Last year I thought he had gone backwards and wasn't worthy of any rep jersey but in origin he really stood up and has become a first class rep player.

Brett played well for nsw this year in the last game but I'm not overly convinced he's a rep player yet

Stagger Lee

Bench
Brett played well for nsw this year in the last game but I'm not overly convinced he's a rep player yet

What about Bretts 11 tries in 10 games for Australia? :sarcasm:

Josh better than Brett this year - Brett better than Josh last year. I would suspect that the coaching / how well the team is going is the biggest influence.

I would love to see them as centre / wing on the same side ( at the Dragons of course) :D

ek999

First Grade
They play Nightingale ahead of Brett at fullback. That's how crap he is.

Brett has played 30 games at fullback and Josh has played 11. Therefore by your logic Brett is better than Josh as he is more capable of playing in the spine.

IMO you can't compare them as they play different positions. Brett is a better winger than Josh and Josh is a better centre than Bret

LatK7

First Grade
Josh Morris. Last year I thought he had gone backwards and wasn't worthy of any rep jersey but in origin he really stood up and has become a first class rep player.

Brett was outstanding in Game III and if that form continues I think he should stay in the NSW squad.

And Brett over Josh.

Saintsified

Bench
Brett is much quicker by Joshs admission.

Brett for mine thats why we kept him and Josh went in the first place.

ellskimore

Juniors
Irrelevant comparison. Their form will fluctuate depending on the team's performance. Bulldogs are flying right now and Dragons are not. They are both strong fast runners. Brett killed the Storm last week with three tries that were all his own doing. Josh is in great form.
As for rep credentials, when Brett was given the opportunity in game three he exploded from the start with an unassisted linebreak followed by a solo try. Josh then made some huge plays of his own (try saving tackle and superman try). They are both deserved rep players.
Their career statistics are almost as identical as their physical appearance. Both are very good players. Move on.

Dresden Dan

Juniors
Josh especially should be trying to get into the NFL as an offence player. What an athlete & a big frame.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Irrelevant comparison. Their form will fluctuate depending on the team's performance. Bulldogs are flying right now and Dragons are not. They are both strong fast runners. Brett killed the Storm last week with three tries that were all his own doing. Josh is in great form.
As for rep credentials, when Brett was given the opportunity in game three he exploded from the start with an unassisted linebreak followed by a solo try. Josh then made some huge plays of his own (try saving tackle and superman try). They are both deserved rep players.
Their career statistics are almost as identical as their physical appearance. Both are very good players. Move on.

well said

natheel

Coach

Info his 3 was billy slaters doing ;)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The boys grew together, then went different ways, which was probably good for both.

Whomever can get them back together will reap the rewards, as they are no longer boys.

Neither has peaked IMO, and a lethal combo awaits, Sticky bad.

Noa

First Grade
Josh morris pretty easily.

I doubt Brett could deal with the defensive pressure a top-class center like Josh receives and still dominate.

Bretto

Bench
Josh I would say, but both play different games.

Brett would be faster than Josh, and seems to be a more gifted natural runner, with a more fluent running style. Josh has a bigger frame, especially in his upper body - he's probably a good 7-10kgs heavier than Brett. This of course makes Josh slightly slower, but what he loses in speed he makes up for in strength. Josh proved this Origin series that he's capable of stopping Greg Inglis one on one in the centres, and he has a very capable attacking game.

Both are great players. But that's the way I see it.