What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart and Manly - Reality Check

eaglefan64

Juniors
The game is bigger than any club - especially a dog of a club with a shameful history like the Manly scum.

Remember what happened to Adam and Eve when they met a Snake - although you ignorant Manly scum haven't progressed your literature past the team list.

Stewart should be stood down - not held up and praised as we saw from all of these hack journalists on Monday.

The game is bigger than any club….and thank God for that otherwise your bogan club would still be in the NRL, embarrassing itself on the field since 1922 and off it since 1908.:lol:

Also the NRL set the precedent of allowing players to play whilst either, under investigation for certain violations or being charged with rape (Michael Crockett and Anthony Laffranchi), or has your pee-wee mind forgotten that fact??

But of course your hatred for Manly has made you forget the common law of being innocent until proven guilty, and if he is found guilty then the law will deal with him.

TimmyB

Juniors
I do agree with what Gould said about this.

Basically, sure let Stewart play until there is a verdict, but let's not roll out the red carpet and greet his return from suspension like he's a bloody war hero. Potentially he did commit the crime.

simmo1

First Grade
Of course, but he has been found guilty of nothing, why should an innocent man not have the right to do his job? Once the trial happens and if he is found guilty then whatever, ban him for life (moot point anyway as he'd be in jail). Remember laffranchi and crocket had the same charges haning over their heads, I see no reason why he cant play until his trial.

He is being re-built up as the 'face of the NRL' again, when just over a month he lost that 'title'. Yeah, let him play, but articles like "Stewart the greatest ever fullback" and "Stewart the Saviour" to me are inappropriate given that he has some serious charges against him.

redvscotty

First Grade
He is being re-built up as the 'face of the NRL' again, when just over a month he lost that 'title'. Yeah, let him play, but articles like "Stewart the greatest ever fullback" and "Stewart the Saviour" to me are inappropriate given that he has some serious charges against him.

He'll be the greatest ever bare back if he doesnt find himself lucky.

Kiki

First Grade
can someone tell me why ronny has such a hatred of manly?? i dont get it.

Tommax25

Bench

Ah I see what you meant, sorry about that, I didnt read it properly and was just on auto-pilot thinking you were saying he shouldnt be playing. My bad.

Tommax25

Bench
The game is bigger than any club - especially a dog of a club with a shameful history like the Manly scum.

Remember what happened to Adam and Eve when they met a Snake - although you ignorant Manly scum haven't progressed your literature past the team list.

Stewart should be stood down - not held up and praised as we saw from all of these hack journalists on Monday.

Can you post quotes from yourself when you said laffranchi and crocket should have been stood down? You do have a point about him being held up and overly praised though, if say bani had scored the hattrick it wouldnt have been talked about quite so much.

Meth

Staff member
imo it happened to greg bird for being a lieing prick.

No, it happened to greg bird because of what he was being a lying prick about.

It he spent a night out drinking and lied about it, he still would have been a lying prick, but the penalty would have been far less severe

Didgi

It he spent a night out drinking and lied about it, he still would have been a lying prick, but the penalty would have been far less severe

Exactly

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

Hold on.
Bird and his bird had a blue which got out of hand. Remember - She and her father backed him up on what happened. There's every chance he panicked when he saw the damage done. It's not pretty - but it's plausible.

Stewart's situation, on all accounts, is far worse - and a vey bad look for the game - especially with Manly saying they wouldn't stand him down at all. To then hold him up as a hero in the papers - while the case is still so raw - is an absolute disgrace. It makes rugby league a laughing stock - beacuse we're obviously desperate to pretend everything's OK when the opposite is true i.e. the NRL poster boy may end up going to jail!

But then, when have Manly ever done anything for the game not self-interest?

abrichta

Juniors
Hold on.
Bird and his bird had a blue which got out of hand. Remember - She and her father backed him up on what happened. There's every chance he panicked when he saw the damage done. It's not pretty - but it's plausible.

Stewart's situation, on all accounts, is far worse - and a vey bad look for the game - especially with Manly saying they wouldn't stand him down at all. To then hold him up as a hero in the papers - while the case is still so raw - is an absolute disgrace. It makes rugby league a laughing stock - beacuse we're obviously desperate to pretend everything's OK when the opposite is true i.e. the NRL poster boy may end up going to jail!

Sure Stewart got some good press after his brilliant return under such pressure.

But the bloke has been absolutley crucified by the media until then, trial by media.

Meth

Staff member
Hold on.

The two are obviously comparable. Its hard to say one is worse than the other- which is worse- physically or sexually assaulting a woman? I'd lean towards sexually, but others may have different ideas.

The reason I brought Greg Bird into this discussion is to concur with the poster who said we shouldn't be welcoming Stewart back like a war hero; Bird has been expelled from the fraternity for a comparable offense, at a comparable point in the judicial process. Stewart seems to be being lauded by the fans- some of whom I have no doubt were calling for Bird's expulsion.

mrbishi

Juniors
Hold on.

So manly writes the headlines do they? :lol:

Latest posts