What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

AILD

Bench
yeh apprently stormchaser also wanted to be my friend ...i just added her. i should probably stop asking to see her boobs now huh?

Lots of generalisation there myanonymousname

Some have done it for Money, Self Esteem, Fame, Money
Not saying either are the case here, but its happened before

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that I very much doubt it is anywhere near the level that some football fans would suggest. As I said its a high risk low payoff proposition when you think about it.

beave

Coach
With regards to the Watmough incident I think it's more an accident rather then something he wanted to do on purpose

As for the Stewart one, well I have a couple of questions for you all

1- What was this teenager doing hanging around a season launch party? Unless it was an open public event or one that involved club members/fans..etc I don't see any good reason for her to be there.

2- What the hell was she thinking of going 'off somewhere quiet' or whatever it was, with a guy she's just met? Are they that naive and dumb to do such a thing? Did she already know who he is?

It may sound like I am trying to frame the young lady but I do think questions have be raised about what she was doing there and why she let things get as far as whatever happened. It is only fair to consider the whole story as I can figure out rather than going on what we are being fed publicly.

Without trying to bag you too much, but you would have to be the biggest f$%king moron in this folder.

That is all.

God-King Dean

Immortal
You should understand first and fore most to know the WHOLE STORY before you accumse some one on the internet without having an hard factual evidence behind it.

And then...

byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
So piss off and don't slander a PERSON FOR HAVING A STRAIGHT OPINION ABOUT A PIECE OF sh*t HOUSE 17YEAR OLD WHO CAN'T EVEN GET HER OWN BLOODY STORY STRAIGHT

:lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
I wish people would stop saying "He shouldn't have got himself into that situation". I don't see how walking home drunk is a situation. If he did something, it becomes a null point, if he didn't, it wasn't exactly an avoidable situation. Its not like he had been fooling around in a public toilet in the Cross or something. HE WAS WALKING HOME.

bartman

Immortal
I wish people would stop saying "He shouldn't have got himself into that situation". I don't see how walking home drunk is a situation.
Walking home absolutely maggoted by all reports... 8 hours of drinking and can't remember enough about the evening to talk to police about it.

It's not the walking home that you need to focus on, it's the stupid level of drinking one week before the comp starts that shouldn't have been on. That's why the NRL are upset with Manly for their handling of alcohol at the launch and supervision of players afterwards, and (inluding Watmough's behaviour) that is why Manly are staring down the barrel of a fine, for bringing the game into disrepute. Regardless of charges or not.

if he didn't, it wasn't exactly an avoidable situation.
Taxi - straight back to your own driveway. Car pool with a non-drinking player/designated driver - straight back to his own driveway. Drunken text the girlfriend to pick you up from the function venue - straight back to your own driveway. Perfectly avoidable... and that's even before we get to the bit about knowing your limit when you're drinking in public, and are "the face of the league".

Its not like he had been fooling around in a public toilet in the Cross or something. HE WAS WALKING HOME.
There's not a lot of difference between an apartment stairwell, the bushes out the front near the apartment driveway, or a public toilet as far as these type of incides go. It's about drunk men not being in control of their actions, and harming their employer and their industry when they should know better.

Dutchy

Immortal
Heard on the radio that the girls father has in the past been charged with fraud.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Walking home absolutely maggoted by all reports... 8 hours of drinking and can't remember enough about the evening to talk to police about it.

It's not the walking home that you need to focus on, it's the stupid level of drinking one week before the comp starts that shouldn't have been on. That's why the NRL are upset with Manly for their handling of alcohol at the launch and supervision of players afterwards, and (inluding Watmough's behaviour) that is why Manly are staring down the barrel of a fine, for bringing the game into disrepute. Regardless of charges or not.

Taxi - straight back to your own driveway. Car pool with a non-drinking player/designated driver - straight back to his own driveway. Drunken text the girlfriend to pick you up from the function venue - straight back to your own driveway. Perfectly avoidable... and that's even before we get to the bit about knowing your limit when you're drinking in public, and are "the face of the league".

There's not a lot of difference between an apartment stairwell, the bushes out the front near the apartment driveway, or a public toilet as far as these type of incides go. It's about drunk men not being in control of their actions, and harming their employer and their industry when they should know better.
The alleged assault happened in the driveway of the apartment block in which Stewart and the alleged victim live, did it not? A cab ride or a lift home could have resulted in the exact same circumstances.
What did you expect of Stewart? jump over the side fence to get home, just in case there was a girl in the driveway?

gong_eagle

First Grade
Heard on the radio that the girls father has in the past been charged with fraud.

yeah now it seems they are trying to taint the father

the Video

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&bra...l:ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8A

nrlceo11.JPG

bartman

Immortal
The alleged assault happened in the driveway of the apartment block in which Stewart and the alleged victim live, did it not? A cab ride or a lift home could have resulted in the exact same circumstances.
What did you expect of Stewart? jump over the side fence to get home, just in case there was a girl in the driveway?
Did they live in the same apartment block? The original reports had it as "two doors down" from Stewart's residence. I haven't seen it reported they are living in the same block?

If they do, then I'll happily admit they have a shared driveway etc - but that still doesn't excuse Stewart for being in such a state that he can't remember what he was doing, and ends up in a compromising situation where a sexual allegation is made by a 17 year old...

But he's a footy player, so he can do no wrong, and it's always someone else's fault. :sarcasm:

wombat68

Juniors
and he comes the other side of the story...how bloody shonky is the father??
None of the neighbours heard anything apparently.
If it smells like a rat..it usually is...:eek:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Admittedly Greg Bird didn't help himself by trying to blame a mate etc etc. But the media hung him out to dry after the alleged assault on his GF. Fast forward to March 09 - Breet Stewart in a sexual assault case and the media are doing everything they can to make him out as an angel.

wombat68

Juniors
Did they live in the same apartment block? The original reports had it as "two doors down" from Stewart's residence. I haven't seen it reported they are living in the same block?

If they do, then I'll happily admit they have a shared driveway etc - but that still doesn't excuse Stewart for being in such a state that he can't remember what he was doing, and ends up in a compromising situation where a sexual allegation is made by a 17 year old...

But he's a footy player, so he can do no wrong, and it's always someone else's fault. :sarcasm:
have you ever been out on the p!ss with footballers....it is unbelievable some of the crap that comes there way...there's the heroes that want a go, just because the blokes a NAME! the dirty trolls, who will badger them all night just to get a notch on their belt, the pesky footy fan who will just not F-off even though they've signed autographs,posed for the photo and had a chat...it's not all glitz and glamour on the town for the boys...why a lot stay at home and play cards with the blokes at someone's house....just too risky.

Latest posts