What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart found not guilty of sexual assault

Azkatro

First Grade
He allegedly forced his tongue into her mouth and had sexual intercourse without her consent. Yet the DNA results came back negative?

wittyfan

Referee
Times were so good too.

2076181_3Z9U0043.JPG

zaku

Juniors
so are Manly ever going to punish Stewart?

For what?

Wait until he is convicted.

Innocent until proven guilty.....You been in Australia long?

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Or we could just punish players based on accusations? Good work chops

Tommax25

Bench
Gallop must step in again with Uncle Max, Sean Penn and Mayer being as soft as sponges.

And was Watmough's fine eventually suspended?

Do you mean for these new revelations or for the old incidents 4 week punishment being up and stewart playing again?

Pumba

First Grade
Stewart lawyers seek school records

Lawyers for Manly rugby league star Brett Stewart want access to documents, including school records, relating to a teenager he is accused of sexually assaulting.

The 24-year-old fullback was not present in Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court on Tuesday when his case was briefly mentioned.

He is charged with having sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl without her consent on the evening of March 6 at North Manly.

He also is charged with assault with an act of indecency, namely that he "forced his tongue into her month".

Magistrate Julie Huber was told 11 subpoenas had been issued for various documents, including hospital, medical and school records.

Some documents had not yet been received, but the magistrate said when they were, the teenager's lawyer could inspect them first.

She continued Stewart's bail until the matter is mentioned again on June 23.

If he is legally represented, Stewart will not be required to attend on that date.

Brisbane Times

God-King Dean

Immortal
He is charged with having sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old girl without her consent on the evening of March 6 at North Manly.

He also is charged with assault with an act of indecency, namely that he "forced his tongue into her month".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that first paragraph ain't right. He hasn't been accused of rape.

The 2nd paragraph I haven't heard before.

Simo

First Grade

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that first paragraph ain't right. He hasn't been accused of rape.

The 2nd paragraph I haven't heard before.

From what ive been told from following this, sticking your fingers in constitues rape. Any penetration apparently is the law.

So since he allegedly 'digitally penetrated her' this is rape. But not the rape your thinking of.

Eels Dude

Coach
So his lawyers are going to turn it into a character attack against this girl? No wonder a lot of women don't want to press sexual assault charges.

Big Time

Juniors
So his lawyers are going to turn it into a character attack against this girl? No wonder a lot of women don't want to press sexual assault charges.

If he is guilty, he will be found guilty. I have faith in Australia's justice system. We have one of the best in the world. Whilst I do not always think they get the sentencing correct, I have no doubt the generally get the judgement correct.

Stewart has been branded as guilty by the media. If he needs to investigate the character of the person, whom is accusing him, so that he can prove his innocence, then that that is fair game. If she is telling the truth then she should not be concerned. She will be attacking his character in much the same way. I hope for her sake she is not being pushed into this by a third party.

Based on what is presented to us through the media, I doubt any of us have any f*cking clue if he is guilty or not. All just heresay at this point.

I was with a girl once when I was younger. She had a boyfriend at the time. I knew this but she was a good sort, I didn't know him, so I was up for it. She approached me and was the instigator of everything that happened. Whether through guilt or because he found out, she then told people I forced myself on her. This was totally untrue but what could I do. It was her word against mine. She never went to police or anything (probably because she knew she would be proved a liar), but word of mouth can be just as damaging.

Fortunately in Australia, we have innocent until proven guilty although the media seems to forget this.

bartman

Immortal
He allegedly forced his tongue into her mouth and had sexual intercourse without her consent. Yet the DNA results came back negative?
A condom (hopefully) would mean a negative DNA test re the second... no idea about why a DNA test for the first would return a negative - cleaned her teeth before the cops got there perhaps?

Just speculation in answer to the question, not trying to make any point or accusation.

Latest posts