What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Stewart to the Roosters according to the beetroot face

Is foreskin face really BunniesDerp? We've heard it here first :lol:

REMEMBER where you read it first. Brett Stewart WILL be a Sydney Rooster next season, replacing club stalwart Anthony Minichiello in the No.1 jersey.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...fore-sharks-loss/story-e6freye0-1226309169189

More interested in the Bellamy rumour. I've heard people whisper since last year that he's the main goal. Would love it to happen.

Anyway, word on the town is our next fullback will be from the Warriors. There's a thousand talented backs at that club so who knows who. As much as we're linked to everyone I can't remember a hush hush signing and there hasn't been much Stewart talk.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Stuff Stewart. Locke or the fish is what I'd prefer. Bellyache rumoured is interesting. Would love that to come true

You guys could do alot worse than the Fish scored 6 tries for Vulcans last week and another 3 this week. Best support play i have seen in a long time.

Monk

Referee
I don't know why we would replace an old fullback with another old one. I'd prefer a youngin.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Rosy cheeks is a tool..

I reckon his accuracy strike rate with his predictions are about 20%..

The same accuracy as guessing would give you..

Rosy cheeks is a tool..

I reckon his accuracy strike rate with his predictions are about 20%..

The same accuracy as guessing would give you..

20%? He's not that good. Don't forget this link appeared in smh.com.au about a week ago as well. Like BunniesDerp we heard it here first a week after everyone else said.

Why is he in reserve grade I thought the Warriors had settled on him over Locke pre season?

Na Warriors have kept the incumbent, you can't really drop Locke after the year he had last year. But I rate the Fish higher than Locke and wish the Warriors would put him at fullback. The other thing is his urgency in defence isn't to great and could really improve in that area. He is a genuine superstar and should not be playing reserve grade, I would rather him leave the Warriors and play fullback at other club then let such a talented gifted player rot in Vulcans.

Valheru

Coach
I doubt Stewart will come to roosters, Dragons looks likely although nothing will surprise me as far as recruitment next year. It is clear the club is expecting a significant cap increase and they are ready and willing to spend every penny of it.

benntash

Juniors
@GrillTeam: #NRL Rumours on Triple M: Brett Stewart is going to the Roosters / Bellamy to coach Roosters / Cronk offered $800,000 a year by Titans.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ive been lobbying (with myself) for Glen Fisiiahi for a while now. He's WAY too good for the reggies and would make an awesome, high-flying, try-scoring addition to our limp backline.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Which pretty much goes against our recruitment policy. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Luke Burt for 4 years

I disagree the roosters sign some of the best, most dynamic youngsters going around.. guys like Lama Tasi have been great buys.

forget about wasting money on stewart. . .
I think the club should sign mini for one more year and wait for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to come through.

He is one of the most gifted foot players I have seen.
Roosters fought out interest from the warriors, auckland blues, brisbane, melbourne etc to sign him up.

He played in NZ secondary school camps league side & also made nz ss rugby team.

I watch the tv game for nyc and he looked good.
As well as Kane Evans - they look like they are going to have long futures in the NRL

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL Or they'll bring back Gavin Lester.

The Fish would be the last piece in the puzzle of a potential Premiership challenging side next year IMO. Well along with a winger, given they're more important than ever these days as proven by the fact that we haven't diffused a bomb in our own in-goal since about 2002.

Fisiiahi
Perrett
Moga
SKD
???
Maloney
Pearce
Kennedy
Friend
JWH
Cordner
Aubusson
Sonny-Bill

Evans
Tasi
Guerra

I suspect we'll lose JWH unfortunately, but id cop that if it meant bringing in an electric FB like the Fish. Hell, make the swap deal!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
With tommy on the fish bandwagon. Kids lightning and I reckon he'll turn out to be a better player than locke.

Yeah Maori Man we paid a shit load to get obvious talent like Tasi & JWH who will both see better days away from the club. We sign babies then dump then at Henson until their contracts run out.

Jacob Miller is on show tonight.

Obvious first grade ready talent is not part of our recruitment policy.

With tommy on the fish bandwagon. Kids lightning and I reckon he'll turn out to be a better player than locke.

Yeah wish the Warriors could see this, sucks knowing that he will probably go to another club and absolutely destroy teams. He might be on show this week with Locke under a injury cloud.

Latest posts