What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett's in awful trouble

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
LOL surely you jest.

Brett came in from 40m and connected with a swinging arm/closed fist after Glenn threw the first punch. He is lucky that it wasn't a direct hit or he would have been marched.

Manly are probably lucky Hayne is a softcock and didn't sinbin Brett as well. He should have. His actions were worse than Glenn & Blair combined.

The Storm were penalised for Hinchcliffe instigating the original brawl, Glenn will get charged for the second which was worse as he went on with it on the ground. Brett will get charged for the head shot, and the rest including the clubs will probably cop cautions and fines.

He grabbed at the back of the jersey. He is also the fastest on the field so of course he gets there first. There was no direct hit because he didn't hit.

I'd be thinking that elbow is going to be under investigation. Blair is in a world of trouble. He was third man in and started the second fight by running up to Stewart despite being sent at different times deliberately. Once a fight starts thats it. He has a clean record. Pretty sure Blair doesn't.

Your vendetta is clear. You are a bunnies fan I imagine. Don't worry you won't be winning a game even if you do fluke a run in the finals.

Last edited:

howardjones

Juniors
And that comment shows your biased ..
He ran up to Stewart and and was pushing for round 2 Glenn obliged with a "lose some teeth punches" if Stewart gets 4-6 Blair gets 4-6

Glenn Stewart wanted it just as much. The little peek over the shoulder before throwing the first one was the giveaway.

He lost his cool and fell for the bait and it will cost him more than it will cost Blair.

He keeps walking and it's a non event.

howardjones

Juniors
He grabbed at the back of the jersey. He is also the fastest on the field so of course he gets there first. There was no direct hit because he didn't hit.

I'd be thinking that elbow is going to be under investigation. Blair is in a world of trouble. He was third man in and started the second fight by running up to Stewart despite being sent at different times deliberately. Once a fight starts thats it. He has a clean record. Pretty sure Blair doesn't.

Your vendetta is clear. You are a bunnies fan I imagine. Don't worry you won't be winning a game even if you do fluke a run in the finals.

LOL. You keep telling yourself that but the video tells the real story.

There is no vendetta. Many of your fellow supporters who are looking at the incident objectively know the Stewart boys are in hot water.

I have it recorded on HD and have looked at it frame by frame while zoomed in. Brett Stewart connects with a fist on Blair after running in. He's goneski.

I am a South Sydney member and I'm not worried. But, as you put it, if we fluke it and make the finals there is a chance Manly will meet us at our house...you should be worried.

diddi kong

Juniors
blair should cop the brunt of the suspension. that first fight was nothing til he started throwing uppercuts. then blair ran from about 30m away to catch glenn and confront him and talk shit. but a sendoff is pretty substantial. no suspensions hopefully. apart from one swinging arm, for no one else to be fighting is pretty impressive

Last edited:
blair should cop the brunt of the suspension. that first fight was nothing til he started throwing uppercuts. then blair ran from about 30m away to catch glenn and confront him and talk shit. but a sendoff is pretty substantial. no suspensions hopefully. apart from one swinging arm, for no one else to be fighting is pretty impressive

Is that Thaiday in your avatar ??...how ironic.

badav

Bench
The NRL won't take any action against any of the Manly players because they know it would mean another 10 years of having to listen to Manly whinge at every possible opportunity. And if you watch the last bit of footage from that youtube clip you can see Brett Stewarts arm definitely hits Blair in the head. Then the rest of the boys come in and put punches into him while he's on the ground. Pretty pathetic effort from Manly.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
I reckon the NRL will hand out a few 1 week suspensions maybe a 2 week, they will probably just satisfy the people calling for heads, but still have them available for the finals.

ceagle

Bench
The NRL won't take any action against any of the Manly players because they know it would mean another 10 years of having to listen to Manly whinge at every possible opportunity. And if you watch the last bit of footage from that youtube clip you can see Brett Stewarts arm definitely hits Blair in the head. Then the rest of the boys come in and put punches into him while he's on the ground. Pretty pathetic effort from Manly.
The two players Foran and Robertson who took Blair to the ground did not throw any punches, please dont make shit up.

Galeforce

Bench
Manly and probably Storm gone for 2011. Expect both will lose their first final games and go out the door in the second final week.Premier coming from team finishing 3-8.

scarcev

Juniors

Which game were you watching fool, he has come over the top with a closed fist and hit him high. Then they 5 outed him. Good Job boys, you guys must be so proud of your heroes 5 on 1. hahaha

Then to top it all of the Snake .... err I mean the DOG didnt come back out second half, happy to be 3rd man in but second half the peaheart dogged it.

Even better news a mate who is a doc up the manly physio this morning said Stewart has stuffed his knee up and will be lucky to play again this season, want to know how he did it....... running in to be the 3rd man in and dog hit Blair, he landed badly and tore his meniscus...hahahaha life is good. karma is a bitch just like Snake.

Last edited:

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
There is some good reasoned comments in this thread...good to see the Trolls have not ruined it yet.

The sad thing out of this is that both clubs will get pinged and potentially give the likes of the Broncos a chance to win this comp which sucks.

Stewart's actions will probably see him go for a few weeks as will his brother. Blair will go for a couple but I find it sad that four Manly players had to gang tackle him when he was just defending himself.

Gallop will show pony himself today and come out with some moralistic comment and then whack the two clubs he loves.

I still hope we both get to meet in the GF..

This!!
if it was Tigers and some other non headline making team in fighting like this , Gallop would be saying warnings are fine no suspensions BAU

jbl31649

Juniors
Flip adrenaline was flowing, granted I'll need to watch it a few times, but this is what the vast majority want to see, not in very match granted but once a month in some BIFF back, though not many landed as has been said.

It's other sports that need to be brought into disrepute for not having this type of action.

I'm with you. Suspend Stewart and Blair for a week. The got sent of for the rest of the match and there was no more. Fine both clubs and move on....

It was great to watch, but there has to be some punishment. However lets not ruin what will be a great finals series...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Hi, I'm a Warriors fan. I have no agenda in all of this.

Brett didn't hit? Haha, oh man. Wake up. Those 4 dogs that raced up in the second instant to put a few on Blair deserve a small skate at least. It is fine to run up and defend G.Stewart, but it is not alright for one person to pin Blair while another 2 lay into him. That's a pack beating.

And who threw the first punch in the second wave? Stewart did. Who threw it in the first wave? Lussick did. Give me a break if you want to completely absolve Manly of any wrong-doing.

I get the feeling Gallop is going to be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't again...along with the judiciary. Any harsh penalties will be seen by Storm fans especially and to a lesser extent Manly as further picking on them.

Oh there you go, someone said it two posts above me. Any club that cheats the cap, and gets involved in an ugly all-in brawl, is a victim. Get off it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Exactly...if this was the Broncs v Tigers then you would see a slap on the wrist...

Hahahaha. Haha. Hahaha.

Some Storm fans are seriously deluded. No team is able to get away with wanton violence and bringing the game into disrepute. Not even one that has...brought the game into disrepute before, through salary cap cheating and wrestling techniques.

Honestly, you believe any other club would get away with what went on last night? Seriously? I love my club but I wouldn't be so blind to think something like this should be completely forgiven.

For example: My club got docked 2 points in 1995 for making one too many interchanges. They also got docked four points in 2006 for the previous year's salary cap indescretions. Both years, we missed out on the finals because of it. We copped it. We deserved it.

Yet you're victims. Please.