What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Carney Leaves Gold Coast Titans

All we need is the one that pulls the strings in the Prince family (i.e. Mrs Prince) to have a change of heart and the chargers will embark on another 89-esque season of glory

Inferno

Coach
lol, a comedy of errors.

Sucks for the Titans though. Looks like they are back to 5 internationals...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hoggy said:
Rugby league heartland. :sarcasm:

52775011.jpg

Standing room only at Parramatta.

Interestingly enough:

Melbourne, city of one team: Crowd average 10,850
Parramatta, in a city of nine teams: Crowd average 14,450

You do the Math.

McCrud

Juniors
Even though Searle is publicly copping this one 'on the chin', I would suspect that he would privately be pretty angry at the result. I can't understand how Carney could travel all the back to Australia, then retire after a single day's training. Obviously he knew that he couldn't last the season, so why bother putting everyone through the charade?

You would have to theorise that Carney knew months ago that he was struggling with motivation, as the whole ordeal over a 'Visa problem' can now be quickly put to bed (media reports suggested he was trying to get out of his contract BEFORE he retired today). So why didn't he do he best thing by the Titans and inform them months ago? To do the best thing by the Titans would have been to give them plenty of time to find a suitable replacement, not leave the club in the lurch only weeks away from the season's start.

Asking the Titans not to release him from his contract is, while honourable, not very helpful to the Titans 2007 season.

Timmah said:
Interestingly enough:

Melbourne, city of one team: Crowd average 10,850
Parramatta, in a city of nine teams: Crowd average 14,450

You do the Math.
More like :
Melbourne, 10 years of history: Crowd average 10,850
Parramatta, 100 years of history: Crowd average 14,450

Storm wins again. :D

lotti

Bench
and that's with 8 AFL teams competing in an AFL mad city for the crowd, hopefully SOO 3 last year has changed that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
UndertakerMike said:
More like :
Melbourne, 10 years of history: Crowd average 10,850
Parramatta, 100 years of history: Crowd average 14,450

Storm wins again. :D

100 years :?

who were the last minor premiers to have a lower crowd average than Melboring?

maybe they set a record

bear56

Juniors
brendothejet said:
Citing personal reasons international representive Brian Carney has left the Gold Coast Titans just 24 hours after joining his new team.

In a double whammy for the new NRL side Matt Rogers has rolled his ankle at training making it three losses in three days for the new club.

more to follow!

Ice777

Bench
lotti said:
and that's with 8 AFL teams competing in an AFL mad city for the crowd, hopefully SOO 3 last year has changed that.

9 teams ;-)

I'd rather be competing against 8 other teams in one city in the same code than to be competing with 9 other teams of a different code where AFL is a religion to most. Considering we're up against that down here and comparing our home crowds to some of Sydney's teams who've been around for decades, i reckon the Storm are doing ok ;-)

McCrud

Juniors
Ice777 said:
Considering we're up against that down here and comparing our home crowds to some of Sydney's teams who've been around for decades, i reckon the Storm are doing ok ;-)

I agree.

lotti

Bench
Ice777 said:
9 teams ;-)

I'd rather be competing against 8 other teams in one city in the same code than to be competing with 9 other teams of a different code where AFL is a religion to most. Considering we're up against that down here and comparing our home crowds to some of Sydney's teams who've been around for decades, i reckon the Storm are doing ok ;-)
Ok I missed one team.