What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Johnston Masterclass in Obfuscation on Talkin Sport

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Didn't hear the whole interview but it has rightly created uproar since airing on 2SM. Among other things, when asked if Mary's coaching would be on the agenda for tonight's review, he replied that it was always under review. Graeme Hughes pointed out that two newspapers had run with the story that Mary's coaching wasn't part of this current review and Johnston denied knowledge of these stories!!Then when pressed on whether Mary was under pressure, he replied that Mary was under pressure from himself!! He then went on to defend the decision to extend Mary's coaching on the basis that St George's average finishing position on the ladder over the last 7 years was "probably a pass mark" for Mary!!!!!

It was clear that Graeme Hughes, Peter Tunks and Brett Papworth could not believe what they were hearing. There were pauses between their questions as if they were in shock at the answers they were being given.

Como Connection

First Grade
Didn't hear the whole interview but it has rightly created uproar since airing on 2SM. Among other things, when asked if Mary's coaching would be on the agenda for tonight's review, he replied that it was always under review. Graeme Hughes pointed out that two newspapers had run with the story that Mary's coaching wasn't part of this current review and Johnston denied knowledge of these stories!!Then when pressed on whether Mary was under pressure, he replied that Mary was under pressure from himself!! He then went on to defend the decision to extend Mary's coaching on the basis that St George's average finishing position on the ladder over the last 7 years was "probably a pass mark" for Mary!!!!!

It was clear that Graeme Hughes, Peter Tunks and Brett Papworth could not believe what they were hearing. There were pauses between their questions as if they were in shock at the answers they were being given.
Correct, unbelievable and very unprofessional I say.
CC

How quickly the leopard changes its spots at St. George.
I mean how foolish would it look if there was a season review and the coach was declared blameless before the process even started?
Johnston is a joke and resembles one of those Luna Park clown heads that you pop ping pong balls into.
Just reeling from one embarrassment to another.
Given Johnston's comments, it wouldn't surprise me if they sacked McGregor just to get the heat off the Board.
Pass mark for St. George is playing finals footy every single season.
Nothing less and they should have acted at the end of 2016.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Our head office makes the eels & tigers look like professionally run clubs.
I’m also sick of reading or hearing that us Dragons supporters are the biggest whingers going around & saying their/other clubs would be happy with some of our roster. I’d be happy with most of their coaches.

Our head office makes the eels & tigers look like professionally run clubs.
I’m also sick of reading or hearing that us Dragons supporters are the biggest whingers going around & saying their/other clubs would be happy with some of our roster. I’d be happy with most of their coaches.

And this will make you sick...

St George Illawarra defend process that delivered Johnston as CEO https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sm...elivered-johnston-as-ceo-20180820-p4zykr.html

Straight Shooter

St Georgio

Juniors
Our Coach, Coaching Staff, CEO, Board Members, to many head knocks.
Saints need to find a CEO that is a passionate St George supporter without the head knocks.
Morris Iemma is a former Australian politician who was the 40th Premier of New South Wales and was known by the people as "Premmy Iemmy". He served from 3 August 2005 to 5 September 2008. From Sydney, Iemma attended the University of Sydney and the University of Technology.
This guy would be my pick as our CEO!

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Our Coach, Coaching Staff, CEO, Board Members, to many head knocks.
Saints need to find a CEO that is a passionate St George supporter without the head knocks.
Morris Iemma is a former Australian politician who was the 40th Premier of New South Wales and was known by the people as "Premmy Iemmy". He served from 3 August 2005 to 5 September 2008. From Sydney, Iemma attended the University of Sydney and the University of Technology.
This guy would be my pick as our CEO!
no way morris is involved in a kingsgrove soccer team,junior .try again hes not foreman material.

18to87

First Grade
no way morris is involved in a kingsgrove soccer team,junior .try again hes not foreman material.
Is he the same Morris Iemma that is on the Dragons Facebook pages putting the boot into Mary for quite some time?
I thought I saw someone saw it was a different Morris Iemma but there could only be so many that are Dragons fans

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Is he the same Morris Iemma that is on the Dragons Facebook pages putting the boot into Mary for quite some time?
I thought I saw someone saw it was a different Morris Iemma but there could only be so many that are Dragons fans
no same one well if he is putting the boot in he gets my vote.Morris lives in Shorter ave Beverly hills.

hazzbeen

Bench
The current board reminds me somewhat of a ‘ fly-blown ‘ sheep . The more you clean the maggots out of the offending orifice , the more of the little fookers you will find .
This is why they are hesitant to bring in outside influence , because the place is infested as you say . They will all be shown up and we couldn't have that happen to the boys club could we ?