What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith - Last Chance or Not

Brian Smith - Last Chance Or Outta Here

• One Last Chance in 2005

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outta Here ASAP - New Players, New Coach

• Brian Smith - Supercoach, Always Has Been, Always will be

• Total voters

newmanj

Juniors
Now that we have secured these quality signings, are we going to get behind him 100% or do we still want him to go. Your opinions please.

P.S. Just posted my first poll yesterday. Good Fun. :D

Nikki

Coach
Ok, I say we give him one more chance. It would cost up too much $$$ to get rid of him now, and if he cant get to the finals with this quality personal then it will be proved that he is absolutley useless!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Why give him YET ANOTHER chance? What has he done to warrant it?

Nikki, he has ALREADY proved that he is useless, by failing so bloody often. How many more chances must we give him to nut out that he isn't cutting it????

Parraren

Bench
I won't say one last chance but with the team he has in 2005 he must deliver. A semi-final (last 4 teams standing) should be the minimum pass mark.

Glenn

First Grade
Definitly look at 2005 as a make or break season for BS in his coaching at Parramatta, with the signings (& realtivly injury free) should make it deep into the finals imho

Johns Magic

Referee
Even though I am not a Parramatta fan, I feel that the best option would be for him to have 2 more years as coach.
This season was Parra's season for purchasing top-players.
2005 will be the year of trialling this new team with all of the superstars and getting them to gel.
And 2006 will be the season where Parra reaps the benefits.

I hope for your sakes that that is true anyway.

strider

Post Whore
Now that we have secured these quality signings

And who secured them?...the guy you are asking if we should boot!....if we lose players to other teams its ALL smithy's fault - but if we get some to come here its nothing to do with Smithy, the club got them.

It goes both ways....he's got em on board, he deserves a shot at making it work.

Nikki

Coach
Listen, I'll be the first to say that some of Smithys methods are not to my liking. But he must also have something to make these big name players wanna come to Parra. Honestly this year we bought alot of Bargain Basement kinda players. Coulda worked a treat, but didnt. And who else are we gunna get to replace him, really? Sometimes its just a case of better the devil you know.

Parraren

Bench
Misty Bee said:
Why give him YET ANOTHER chance? What has he done to warrant it?

Nikki, he has ALREADY proved that he is useless, by failing so bloody often. How many more chances must we give him to nut out that he isn't cutting it????

So what are you suggesting? Smith should go now?

newmanj

Juniors
And who secured them?...the guy you are asking if we should boot!....if we lose players to other teams its ALL smithy's fault - but if we get some to come here its nothing to do with Smithy, the club got them.

It goes both ways....he's got em on board, he deserves a shot at making it work.

You need to take a pill mate, as if you read the whole sentence, you would see that i was just asking other peoples opinions. At no stage did i call for him to go.

strider

Post Whore
Well said Nikki. :clap:

I have no problem with people saying stuff about Smithy if it is legitimate....god, we've been scratching our heads for years with some of his selections and yes there have been guys leave that would have been better kept.

But there is alot of bullshit spread about him also - and that stuff is just wrong.

Fact is he puts it all on the line every game....he's always stressing out during every game...I just watched the foxtel replay and they showed Smithy sitting on the sideline at the end of the game - dead set he looked like a man about to have a heart attack even tho we had just produced a great victory over the premiership favourites.....Smithy is working his butt off to try to get Parra back on track - give the guy a bit of credit.

Johns Magic

Referee
newmanj said:

You need to take a pill mate, as if you read the whole sentence, you would see that i was just asking other peoples opinions. At no stage did i call for him to go.

newmanj, as far as I can see Strider never abused you. He never implied that you said Smith should go. Don't get so revved up.

strider

Post Whore
newmanj said:

I know you didn't - I never said you did.....but I just don't see the need for a poll.

strider

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
newmanj, as far as I can see Strider never abused you. He never implied that you said Smith should go. Don't get so revved up.

goodness - i've got newcastle fans defending me....whats the word coming to :lol: :lol: ....cheers Johns Magic

newmanj

Juniors
Strider, i know that you really dont want this poll, but dont you think it is something that we as parra fans are thinking about. We really have upped our expectations for next year with these signings, and i was interested to know whether people are going to be 100% behind Brian. I was calling for him to go 6 weeks ago, however, do agree that with the signings, he should be given 1 last season to show improvement. Lets face it, 2002, 2003, and 2004 have not lived up to our expectations.

I really hope Brian accepts the challenges ahead and excells. It can only be good for us eels supporters.

strider

Post Whore
Brian has always accepted teh challenges.....easiest thing for him to do would have been to take a payout and run - lose all the stress and shit but still get a big lump of money....but the guy has alot of balls to hang in there and try to make things better.

I don't hate that you made the poll, I just didn't think it was necessary....but I don't mind it.....I actually agree - if things don't work in 2005, then I think that'd be his last shot.

newmanj

Juniors
:clap:
Thank goodness that is sorted out.

We all want whats best for the eels, what we dont always agree on, is how to achieve it.

:-k

Glenn

First Grade
Nikki said:
Listen, I'll be the first to say that some of Smithys methods are not to my liking. But he must also have something to make these big name players wanna come to Parra. Honestly this year we bought alot of Bargain Basement kinda players. Coulda worked a treat, but didnt. And who else are we gunna get to replace him, really? Sometimes its just a case of better the devil you know.

How very true Nikki a case of being damned if you do. damned if you don't if anyone out there thinks Smith doesn't give it his all as far as coaching, imho they have lost the plot
To me the only thing Smith can be guilty of is over coaching when things arent going the way of Parramatta

Latest posts