What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brian Smith released in 2007

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Just announced on Skynews, that the Eels will be releasing BS in 2007 and will not be renewing his contract that expires at the end of 2006.

The reason given was that 10 years at one club is considered enough.

What happens if we win the GF next year ???

Interresting...........................:-k

number8

Juniors
That's a shame but bound to happen I suppose. I'm a big fan of Smith & personally think they are going to be very big shoes to fill, Whoever they find.

I know we haven't won the comp under him yet but he did turn this club around & I don't think anyone else could have done a better job than he has. I hope he does get the title next year as much for him as I do the club.

I wonder if we will lose any players as a result. I think the loyalty of a lot of them lay with the coach as much as the jersey in Brian's case. It seems to me the player either love him or hate him!

Glenn

First Grade
Two names that were metioned on 2 UE were Daniel Anderson and Jason Taylor.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Twizzle said:

The club really couldnt wait till after the grand final to decide that...

I wonder where Brian Smith going to next ?
A number of clubs would take him in id say

strider

Post Whore
I don't know why the media think this is such a BIG breaking story - ummmmm derrrrr!

As if this wasn't going to happen.

ed bbay

Juniors
Twizzle said:
Just announced on Skynews, that the Eels will be releasing BS in 2007 and will not be renewing his contract that expires at the end of 2006.

The reason given was that 10 years at one club is considered enough.

i thought u parra fans would be happy with this news but ur not u love B/S u blokes sux & u deserve B/S & so does ur club & by the way u have nothing to worry about if u win the G/F next year because u wont come anywhere near it u will be down the bottom with the warriors where all SCUM belong !!! .

eelsta

Bench
ed bbay said:
i thought u parra fans would be happy with this news but ur not u love B/S u blokes sux & u deserve B/S & so does ur club & by the way u have nothing to worry about if u win the G/F next year because u wont come anywhere near it u will be down the bottom with the warriors where all SCUM belong !!! .

:? :?

TheParraboy

Staff member
ed bbay said:

thanks for sharing

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Hellsy

Immortal
Well we all knew that this was what was going to happen, it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.....

Go JT!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not really surprising at all but is it a full release or just from the position of head coach, will he still be staying on as a coaching co-ordinator similar to Phil Gould at the Roosters when Stuart first came into the top grade?

bartman

Immortal
I personally think this was bound to happen. No-one else stays coaching the one club for that long - except Wayne Bennett (who only has one team to choose from and probably just doesn't want to move cities).

These things have to be decided in advance for stability, this means that they can sort out who will be successor in the first half of the year, so it doesn't destablise the side late in the season. A grand final win would be a good way to go out, and personally don't think it would change this outcome for Smith or the club.

Angry_eel

First Grade
This situation reminds me of the AFL movie 'The Club'. who's the young junior who will take us to the grand final.

Eelementary

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
The club really couldnt wait till after the grand final to decide that...

I wonder where Brian Smith going to next ?
A number of clubs would take him in id say

I wouldn't be surprised if Souths or the Gold Coast made a grab for him...

Latest posts