What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back Joe

Reggie Priest

Juniors
Bring back Joe he did more good than bad last year, I dont think hes to happy at Penrith playing for Windsor?
Get him while hes going cheap, the current halves lack creativity - he knows how to set up tries.

Sugar

Bench
Reggie Priest said:
Bring back Joe he did more good than bad last year, I dont think hes to happy at Penrith playing for Windsor?
Get him while hes going cheap, the current halves lack creativity - he knows how to set up tries.
Yeah he set up a heap against Brisbane:sarcasm:

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
on his day joe williams could tear any team to shreds... but if hes lucky he'll hit that form 10% of the time. if the guy learnt consistency, i'de love to have him back. but we gave him 4 years. i think thats enough

Dave Q

Coach
Aaron_sfas said:
on his day joe williams could tear any team to shreds... but if hes lucky he'll hit that form 10% of the time. if the guy learnt consistency, i'de love to have him back. but we gave him 4 years. i think thats enough

He does have the occasional miracle game, he just cant be relied upon.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
Dave Q said:
He does have the occasional miracle game, he just cant be relied upon.

but i dont think it is pure luck that all his plays come off on those days. he is an immensly talented player. i dont know if its discipline, concentration or desire, but he falls apart without warning

Dave Q

Coach
Aaron_sfas said:
but i dont think it is pure luck that all his plays come off on those days. he is an immensly talented player. i dont know if its discipline, concentration or desire, but he falls apart without warning

I didnt quite so much mean it in a luck context as opposed to highlighting his capabilities.

When the Panthers signed him, I visited their forum and sang his praises. Its all there.

Generally he served Souths well last year but the arrival of the gun forwards and the improvement of the class of 2006 didnt seem to add to any consistency in his game.

I'm sure Joe and a lot of experts have tried to identify the reasons for his highs and lows.

The Bronco's use their quacks effectively.

JT himself has stated that one of the most important parts of his job is to lift the players mentally in preparing for the match and thats not just a pep talk after resereve grade!

He has said that players are different and that as individuals they respond differently to stimuli/approaches. He has to find the right one.

We saw Rusty delving into the practice with his "love-in" and he is well aware of the power of the mind.

I find the topic quite intriguing, I dont have any inside knowledge on these matters but I'd like to learn more.

Latest posts