What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring back Rabs

Moffo

Referee
Sorry guys

As much as Rabs say douche things and Vossy is a great guy, I just don't think I get as excited watching a game when voss is calling. He is too conversational, has a limited ability to hit the higher octaves and show genuine excitement when something big happens and overall, I think is more suited to being a support commentator

Anyway, just my thoughts. He needs a greater vocal range

some11

Referee
Vossy has genuine enthusiasm and knowledge of the game and is professional in his approach to calling unlike the old fart who gets to the game at the last minute and unabashedly gets player's names wrong.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Sorry guys

As much as Rabs say douche things and Vossy is a great guy, I just don't think I get as excited watching a game when voss is calling. He is too conversational, has a limited ability to hit the higher octaves and show genuine excitement when something big happens and overall, I think is more suited to being a support commentator

Give yourself a disease girl.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I agree with Moffo. I've watched 2 games with Voss as commentator and not once has he mentioned what time the block is on.

DarceyLawler

Juniors
I thought Shaun Edwards was very good. Funny & insightful. Vossy and halligan got a bit holier than though over the Burgesss high tackle. Australians have got away with far worse over the years (Willie Mason 2006 anyone?). It was a penalty, that's all.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I thought Shaun Edwards was very good. Funny & insightful. Vossy and halligan got a bit holier than though over the Burgesss high tackle. Australians have got away with far worse over the years (Willie Mason 2006 anyone?). It was a penalty, that's all.

Anyone who drops Fielden deserves a medal.

expansionist

Juniors
You can not be serious.

Bring back Rabs?

Oh my god, youre joking right? Or trolling?

I'm actually not sure Rabs could take time out from his hectic schedule of bagging international RL long enough to call one of these games..

If he did he would have absolutely no idea who any of the countries are..

He would not know any of the players other than NRL ones..

You can not honestly suggest that someone that is anti RLWC should call it?

The sooner he and nein are away from RL the better for the growth of our great game.

The best thing about this coverage is the fact that it makes neins coverage look like what it is.. rubbish.

juro

Bench
Sorry guys

x0

Dark Chook

Juniors
You can not be serious.

Bring back Rabs?

Oh my god, youre joking right? Or trolling?

I'm actually not sure Rabs could take time out from his hectic schedule of bagging international RL long enough to call one of these games..

If he did he would have absolutely no idea who any of the countries are..

He would not know any of the players other than NRL ones..

You can not honestly suggest that someone that is anti RLWC should call it?

The sooner he and nein are away from RL the better for the growth of our great game.

The best thing about this coverage is the fact that it makes neins coverage look like what it is.. rubbish.

Sorry but he gets the NRL names wrong as well & is incredibly dyslexic with the Pacific islanders..

Although he was relieved when the roosters made the finals & it was a matter of JWH up the middle flick to FPN out to SBW off load SKD inside to RTS for a T R Y.

aqua_duck

Coach
Voss actually does his research and knows what he's talking about, you can tell when he calls Qld Cup and school boy games, Rab's idea of research is reading league central in the telegraph on a Friday

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Rabs only knows the names of players he commentates regularly. Since nein only like to show certain teams in certain timeslots, rabs doesn't have a clue about 2/3rds of the comp. He also seems to struggle differentiating the islanders