What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring back the Bears and rugby league’s lost soul

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Ronny, i don't want to sound like the Manly inbreds that usually have a crack, but get back on your medication.

What was a federal MHR, non minister suppost to do back in 1999 that was going to save us?, not on either board was he?

No, the failure to go down the souths path was precisely because board judas's thought they'd be king sh*t of a new northern phoenix, Hockey had bugger all influence and power to change anything and you know it.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
What was a federal MHR, non minister suppost to do back in 1999 that was going to save us?, not on either board was he?QUOTE]

MB

What is the point of having a North Sydney politican, a federal Minister, a patron of the club who was fully aware of what was going on - and does nothing?

Hockey knew that the Bears put $12 million into the JV. Why didn't he step up and say "hold on - why were they put into administration if they had $12 million"?

Instead of pissweak articles in unkown publications, he should be out there now saying loudly "we need the CC Bears back in".

Even inor pollies and lobbyists are doing their bit for other claubs - Manly St george etc - look at the funding they're getting.

Hockey is full of piss and wind. we need action.

mightybears

Bench
Agreed, we need action know, as much publicity, action, real activity now, and this article is a very small part of that.

I'm sure that Hockey was more aware than nearly anyone of what was going on, the judas act bullsh*ts of board members, the 'remarkable' administration decision when the Leagues Club had the cash to back the JV but effectively weeks earlier 'didn't have it' to keep the CC move ticking over.

But other than to have a spray in the SMH and phone calls to the obvious [don't you dare you bastards type call] i don't see what he could have done. Yeah we still need major law reforms as to administration, who effectively decides and when, who gets first crack at the value etc but the essential key judas act, was a Leagues Club board level act to stop funding the CC Bears but then turn around and find the $ to run effectively 49% of a ventured doomed to obvious failure from day 1, not least because the woeful bastards over the spit bridge were only doing it to keep their mob clicking over $ wise until they found other funding [and then revert back to their true colours].

Even if the Leagues club board felt they couldn't fund the CC Bears anymore [for whatever reason], the key for me was the thinking that a JV in any form whatsoever would be acceptable to 90 plus % of fans, and that they didn't say no f**k it, we are out for now and fight like souths. Thats the failure of thinking that pissed me off [the essential core betrayal of our football heritage], and where a Hockey or anyone with any sort of pull was needed potentially.

Last edited:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Agreed, we need action know, as much publicity, action, real activity now, and this article is a very small part of that.

I'm sure that Hockey was more aware than nearly anyone of what was going on, the judas act bullsh*ts of board members, the 'remarkable' administration decision when the Leagues Club had the cash to back the JV but effectively weeks earlier 'didn't have it' to keep the CC move ticking over.

But other than to have a spray in the SMH and phone calls to the obvious [don't you dare you bastards type call] i don't see what he could have done. Yeah we still need major law reforms as to administration, who effectively decides and when, who gets first crack at the value etc but the essential key judas act, was a Leagues Club board level act to stop funding the CC Bears but then turn around and find the $ to run effectively 49% of a ventured doomed to obvious failure from day 1, not least because the woeful bastards over the spit bridge were only doing it to keep their mob clicking over $ wise until they found other funding [and then revert back to their true colours].

MB

Agreed. One of the Bears' biggest problems was that there were too many Leagues Club and Football Club types looking to enrich themselves at a Super Club. Bastards.

One day - this will all come out. There's a book in the wings. And there are a few well known directors, barristers, even administrators who have some very hairy questions to answer.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Good on you Joe Hockey.

You will never hear about how good League is out of the the Labor party.
They are too busy shoving their heads up Demetriou's arse.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Yeah, let's all melt back to the 1970's when players played for the love of the game and held down a 40 hour a week job as well as playing. Just toss the current rosters of all 16 teams into the bin and start signing blokes who'll play for $200 per win, 50 per loss, 100 per draw.

I'll get my boots.

f**king hippie.

Those were the days............i'll get my boots as well.....are we allowed to have metal studs.

Green Machine

First Grade
Well he has been a fan since he was a boy and spent a lot of time at NSO, even mentioned the Bears in his first speech in parlaiment.
Doubt all you like.
I do, after reading all that bullsh*t about Rugby League losing its mojo and that crap about Butchers, Bakers and Candle stick makers,
Do you wish to cast away any League supporters who also like rugby ? Fool..

Fool? Gee, I feel hurt. I don’t really care if Union fans watch Rugby League, but I don’t mind making a comment when I think read something from someone from the Union community who makes the ill informed comments about Rugby League
Again, what the f*** if he spent a lot of time on the lower North Shore - (as did / do many other Bears fans)
A question was put to me by someone else about his father growing up in Dundas and moving to Coogee to play Union. Take me out of context all you like

Green Machine

First Grade
He went to school at a Jesuit college not renowned for its rugby league teams, to put it mildly. Hockey has won football club raffles going back a number of years, stealing prizes from me in the process! My understanding of where Hockey and the union journo 'come from', don't match. Fitzsimmons is Rug B to a tee, Hockey is a rugby league supporter at first instance.
Did you know that Hockey and FitzSimons are mates? I have heard FitzSimons use that bullsh*t Butchers, Bakers, Candlestick Makers analogy before to put Rugby League down.

He is not my politics, but he has been in the same long haul back to the NRL as the rest of us, and his passion for the red and black in print form is shared [and welcomed as publicity for the cause].
Was he passionate for the Bears cause in the 90’s when North Sydney Council knocked them for floodlighting and Private boxes at NSO to meet the NSWRL criteria? Didn’t hear too much from the local member when the North Sydney Board sold the club out in 1999.

Green Machine

First Grade
The class war bullsh*t still clouding your judgement?, talk about living in the 1950!.
No, not at all. I live in an Inner West suburb with property prices similar to Chatswood, Willoughby or Artarmon
I spend the first 18 years of my life, born, raised, educated on the lower North Shore. We always had rugby union around us, and league fans were more hardcore because of it.

I know of one government high school that wouldn't allow its student a league team, no NSDRLFC knock out team entry because it was league, in the late 1980's!
A mate of mine used to teach at North Sydney Boys School. I know what you mean

You attitude is just as blinkered as the union idiots then and to a lesser extent now. So what that Hockey played union at school and Uni, he certainly didn't get a choice at the Jesuitlands did he?

And the guy looks like he was always best suited to be a tighthead prop for the 4th XV anyway!. He supports league, and the bears, and has done so for years.
I think you are getting yourself all worked up over nothing. Again, I thought the article was pure bullsh*t. I wonder what Hockey thinks of the disintegration of Sydney Club Union? I wonder how he feels about supporting his Waratahs Franchise with its players made up of professional fulltime Union players? Ever worse, professional ex Rugby League players like Lote or Wendal who don’t represent the Union communities of Tahland?

Green Machine

First Grade
Good on you Joe Hockey.

You will never hear about how good League is out of the the Labor party.
They are too busy shoving their heads up Demetriou's arse.
More a case of how stupid were Love and Gallop, to hitching their wagon to the coalition a month out from the last federal election

TeamSatan

Juniors
DSC06723psLarge.jpg

Bear fans........Threatened species......
.start a breeding program and release them into the grandstands

Latest posts