What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Biff? Should We?

Should we bring back the biff?

• Yes

Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Robster

Bench
“BRING BACK, BRING THE BIFF” is the chorus of comedian Reg Ragen It’s a open debate wither or not the so called “Biff” should be bought back in the Rugby League.
The question is do we really want it? it’s a question with many expected different views.

Breadman

Juniors
I'd selfishly love to see it back but if you get a couple of people that can actually throw a punch unlike Ryles, O'Meley etc then you can have some very ugly results

IanG

Coach
As long as it just the whole of a bit of a scrap but no big deal type thing. No the Danny Williams type

Razor

Coach
As long as it just the whole of a bit of a scrap but no big deal type thing. No the Danny Williams type

That wasn't biff. That was a king hit.

Biff is 2 players going at it. Like the Ice Hockey fights.

They banned biffing in the NHL and crowds fell to almost half what they were. They re-introduced it, and the crowds returned to their former levels.

McLovin

Staff member
Razor said:
That wasn't biff. That was a king hit.

Biff is 2 players going at it. Like the Ice Hockey fights.

They banned biffing in the NHL and crowds fell to almost half what they were. They re-introduced it, and the crowds returned to their former levels.

I never understood why biff is allowed in the NHL (I'm guessing for crowd reasons). Why do the refs just circle the two players without doing anything??

Raider_69

Post Whore
realistically it cant happen, not in todays day and age, violence is not condoned in any manner, players are role models for young kids around the country, if they are seen to be going the biff at every chance, kids will follow suit, trying to emulate their heros. Clubs, players, the league and society as a whole cannot be seen condoning or encouraging the use of violence

Mr Saab

Referee
Connell said:
I never understood why biff is allowed in the NHL (I'm guessing for crowd reasons). Why do the refs just circle the two players without doing anything??

They wait till one player has the advantage and then they jump in to break it up. Players then suffer 5 minute "sin bins" and sometimes more.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Breadman said:
I'd selfishly love to see it back but if you get a couple of people that can actually throw a punch unlike Ryles, O'Meley etc then you can have some very ugly results

We got a bit of that when Monty Betham belted the snot out of Steve Reardon, Daniel Anderson told Monty off afterwards telling him that he was too good at hitting people to be able to do it on the footy pitch!
But I agree when it's just two big oxes swinging wildly at each other it's pretty amusing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe we should make a poll asking why Robster makes so many polls.

Stranger

Coach
Then make a poll on weather people think the poll about why robster makes so many polls was a success?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Briza said:
Yes.

Rules are;

1 on 1 - 2nd man in get's 10 in the bin.
ye that sounds good BUT only if both want a biff. e.g. no like willie mason smashing the living hell out of preston campbell by punching him and kept his feet pinned.