What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring on Game 3

Big Pete

Referee
Only injuries, a loose foot and a loose hand proved a difference in the end. Was a cracking match and I can't wait until Game 3!

Congrats NSW, better team on the night and your defence held firm.

Bring on Game 3!

Shorty

Staff member
Well done Blues.
Proud of the Queenslanders, they were strong and almost got home despite being belted up.
Game 3 should be a cracker!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Far too many dropped balls for my liking, and improved defense from NSW on their goal line. But considering the injury pressure I thought the side performed well.

My real concern right now lies with Dave Taylor. I was looking for big games from two players, being Cronk and Taylor. Unfortunately only one delivered. Questions must now be asked as to what role he is actually playing in the side. He's adding no real impact or line-breaking, nor is able to join in and do the rough stuff in the fashion of Myles or Thaiday. And his head just isn't right for the intensity of this contest. His dropped ball late in the game probably cost us the game, as NSW looked ready to crack at that point.

The Cronk decision was a fair one, and they'll cop that on the chin. But I loved the game he had, much improved on game one.

An eerily similar feeling to last years series now, we were well below par last year in the first two games only to unleash hell in game three. With Cronk warming to his role, Thaiday returning and Thurston keen to make amends I'll be confident they'll get the job done.

user_nat

Coach
Great game.

NSW were great almost entirely across the park (one Fijian exception).

To many Queenslander's had shockers IMO.

Shorty

Staff member
Slater is a concern, he's getting belted by NSW and actually letting it get to him.
He came good in the second half but he's uncharacteristically shaky.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
Good game NSW. Better team on the night. Cracking game though.

We'll be right for game 3 in Brisbane. Third game last year the crowd was out of control. Hoping for something similar - can't wait!

Meanie

Juniors
I thought NSW were in charge until Cronk came back from the sin bin.

Looked like QLD were going to pull it out but not quite.

I remember Game 3 last year was anticipated, I think this will be even more so.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Slater is a concern, he's getting belted by NSW and actually letting it get to him.
He came good in the second half but he's uncharacteristically shaky.

He was ordinary but obvious to all the trouble the injury caused. You could place Thurston in the same class.

But it was that kind of night, a number of players who just didn't have great games. Still, Tate holds the ball or Taylor stops being a nincompoop and we win anyway.

Mr Fourex

Bench
My real concern right now lies with Dave Taylor. I was looking for big games from two players, being Cronk and Taylor. Unfortunately only one delivered. Questions must now be asked as to what role he is actually playing in the side. He's adding no real impact or line-breaking, nor is able to join in and do the rough stuff in the fashion of Myles or Thaiday. And his head just isn't right for the intensity of this contest. His dropped ball late in the game probably cost us the game, as NSW looked ready to crack at that point.

Not sure what is more disappointing at the moment........the loss or the way Taylor played.

Even though Cronk lifted his game from game 1 he and JT are still not gelling at the moment.

Thought JT in particular was ordinary.

Eelectrica

Referee
Congrats NSW well deserved win
Just too many mistakes from QLD, NSW almost perfect.
Game 3 is going to be epic. NSW have finally found a team that can go toe to toe with us.
QLD found out tonight they can't be below their best and expect to just win. NSW were awesome in that final 10, weren't going to let QLD steal this one.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
The Cronk decision was a fair one, and they'll cop that on the chin. But I loved the game he had, much improved on game one.

Good win by NSW for sure. Definitely the better team. Sure there was a bit of luck with the ball hitting Hayne's foot and not the ground but thats the bounce of the ball. Cronk's sin bin was fair enough too.

The only gripe I have is with the commentary. They whinged and moaned about every little thing that didn't go NSW's way in the first game, and I admit there were a couple, but when Jennings knocks the ball out of Tate's hand over the dead ball line (which should have been yet another drop out for NSW) nobody says boo. I saw it as soon as it happened and it was even more obvious on the reply.

Cronk was decent in the second half but his first half wasn't great again. Save for a few kicks QLD's kicking game was pretty ordinary, as was NSW's. I also think Thurston and Cronk have been way below par for the most part.

As for Taylor, he should be on for the last 15 of the first half and first 15 of the second. Not when the game is on the line.

No changes for mine outside of Thaiday coming back in for Parker, although I wouldn't have an issue for then keeping Parker at Gillette's expense.

Loudstrat

Coach
Thanks guys. Yeah, Uate was below his best, but better than in Melbourne.

Interesting to read that too many had shockers - lol. Taylor the scapegoat? Probably, but Gal, Farah, Gstewart, Birdy et al were demonic in defense. Taylor was probably worried about Pearce. No doubt Thirdman told tales of horror, confirmed by Myles.

Shorty

Staff member
Yes but Thurston was pretty solid in game 1, this is two ordinary games from Billy.
He must be carrying an injury.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
At this point Parker stays, he looked pretty good for me and is mentally far more capable than Taylor.

But we must trust the players on this one. They'll know things were below par and adjustments need to be made.

One thing I'll give credit to NSW and that is making their home patch a difficult place to play once again. It became a second home game for a few years there.

Hutty1986

Immortal
What an absolute epic, drama galore. Really liked Gus' point about NSW finally winning a thriller with the Maroons coming to get them.

F*ck this is an incredibly courageous qld side, the blues were on top of them but the maroons just never, ever fall away. We'll celebrate hard after a great win but the job starts again in a couple of weeks. Outstanding game and cannot wait for Game III. How good is RL!!!!!

user_nat

Coach
Wonder if Hannant was injured. Can't have even been on for 20 minutes.

edit: Didn't actually mean to post this here.